Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Steve Jobs was a complete douchebag??
    #21335980 - 02/26/15 10:53 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'm watching the movie "Jobs" which is supposed to he an accurate depiction of Steve Jobs' life

If this movie is on point, then jesus fuck Jobs was a complete fucking tool. I'm suprised nobody killed him before he went big

Intelligently discuss

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Edited by Sheekle (02/26/15 11:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Sheekle]
    #21335984 - 02/26/15 10:54 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

but he did acid yo

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21335990 - 02/26/15 10:55 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

He banged some chick, then took her acid and said "i'm taking some for me and my girlfriend"

--------------------
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft

OfflineP.Zappatecorum
Lophophilus
Male

Loc: Cactaceae
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: akira_akuma] * 6
    #21335994 - 02/26/15 10:57 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I don't approve of the cult of Jobs.  Buncha fucking consumer zombie Applewhores all over his jock for pimping slick looking but shoddily constructed  weapons of mass distraction.
:thisisterrible:

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: P.Zappatecorum] * 2
    #21336000 - 02/26/15 11:00 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

God damn this is a terrible movie, not because it's poorly-structured, but because Steve Jobs was an absolutely terrible person if this is really how he was. I'm sorry to hear it took him as long to die as he did. What a loser.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#21336021 - 02/26/15 11:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
He banged some chick, then took her acid and said "i'm taking some for me and my girlfriend"

the hippy generation was a failure.

we have a better chance now of being a productive hippy generation, but we still aren't productive.

so basically hippies aren't productive and Steve Jobs is like the prototypical hippy.

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #21336030 - 02/26/15 11:07 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

To get to that sort of position, it pays to be a hedonistic narcissist.

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
    #21336037 - 02/26/15 11:09 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
God damn this is a terrible movie, not because it's poorly-structured, but because Steve Jobs was an absolutely terrible person if this is really how he was. I'm sorry to hear it took him as long to die as he did. What a loser.

Yea. The movie itself was pretty good I thought as far as cinematography and direction but they indeed depicted Jobs as a total douche. I hope he wasn't like that in real life. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's dead.

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

OfflineHellogoodbyedeath

Loc: Flag
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: kr0nik0] * 1
    #21336050 - 02/26/15 11:13 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
. I'm sorry to hear it took him as long to die as he did. What a loser.

Quote:

kr0nik0 said:
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's dead.

:loldongs:

These sentences sounded so hilarious in my head.

InvisibleZonk

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath] * 5
    #21336054 - 02/26/15 11:15 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Bill Burr says it best..

"New phone can't fit the old charger? That's your hero?"

:lol:

Edited by Zonk (02/26/15 11:20 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Zonk]
    #21336066 - 02/26/15 11:19 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:highfive::lolsy:

fuckin' excellent.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21336270 - 02/27/15 12:42 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I lieked old macs... Power PC's and the likes. Definitely a far cry from the neo-plastick hipster sheit they sell now.

So likewise, I'm sure he was a super bright innovative, slightly sheisty guy who started strong on his former characteristics - but business and money started to bring out the latter more with time.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: twighead]
    #21336842 - 02/27/15 06:23 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Jobs was very ambitious and competitive, also highly focused. That probably didn't make him the nicest person for all the people worked with. But at the end of the day, he did get the job done. That's the other side of the same coin.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: koraks] * 2
    #21336866 - 02/27/15 06:31 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Here's some objective information about Steve Jobs from an utterly reputable news source.

Quote:

Steve 'Rim' Jobs (Steve Jewbs) was the world's second greatest douchebag, the bearer of the Reality Distortion Field, he was the Antichrist, the man who broke Woz's heart, and the man whose company (Apple) has had to be paid by Microsoft to stay in business. He is also the great messiah of Apple and the mysterious power behind homosexuals. Steve Jobs was the world's most lovable asshole. His real name was Berkley Blue until 1976, when his co-workers renamed him "Jobs" due to him being handy or something, in more ways than one...

On September 14th, 2010, it was revealed that Mr. Jobs was in fact a ninja as well.

On August 24, 2011, a gaunt Mr. Jobs resigned as Apple CEO, heralding the death of the company (and his own). He will be re-buried in 3 to 4 months when a newer, better coffin is released.

On October 5, 2011, Mr. Jobs died after catching a bad case of death. Some argue it was the reaction of God, being disappointed by the revelation of the iPhone 4S instead of the iPhone 5. Others argue that it was his own damn fault for being too hipster for mainstream treatments like chemotherapy, medicine, heterosexuality and any treatment that was managed by a non-apple computer. He instead opted for much trendier and colorful crystal therapy, homopathy, acupuncture, and chiropractic treatment.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Steve_Jobs

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleDistorted Vision
The best. Of the worst.
Male

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: EllisDSox] * 1
    #21336914 - 02/27/15 06:50 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:lolsy:

:highfive:

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

InvisibleFantastic Mr. Fox
Grass Seed Connoisseur

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: koraks]
    #21336921 - 02/27/15 06:53 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Jobs was very ambitious and competitive, also highly focused. That probably didn't make him the nicest person for all the people worked with. But at the end of the day, he did get the job done. That's the other side of the same coin.

This is all tht matters. :cool:

--------------------
Giving is all we have, for we're just grateful to be alive

:kratom:

InvisibleDiscoBiscuitsTrip
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Fantastic Mr. Fox]
    #21336953 - 02/27/15 07:03 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Never been a fan of apple or jobs, only cool thing he did was be open about his lsd use.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #21336955 - 02/27/15 07:04 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

From what I understand he was in fact a douchebag but I wouldn't take the movie as being 100% factual necessarily.

I saw a parody of this movie called "iSteve" that was pretty funny. A good tv show in a similar vein is "Halt and Catch Fire," about a fictional company making one of the first IBM clones around the same time the original Macintosh was introduced. There is only one season of it so far though.

The best. Of the worst.
Male

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: psi]
    #21336964 - 02/27/15 07:06 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I've read about him and he was that way. He'll ridicule people and single them out and tell them they fucking suck and fire them on spot.

I couldn't finish the movie because it pissed me off.

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #21336968 - 02/27/15 07:08 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i recently saw that movie for the first time. wasnt that good of a flick and def made jobs look like a dick

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: psi] * 1
    #21336969 - 02/27/15 07:08 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I think he wasn't necessarily a douchebag. I think he was just focused, demanding and quite inflexible when it came to altering his vision or his approach to things. Working with Jobs must have been stressful, as recognized by many who have spent time with him, but others also attest to the fact that Jobs' circle could also be very energetic, productive and stimulating. Different strokes for different folks. I doubt I would have been happy working directly for him, but others certainly have enjoyed it - at least at times. Putting the guy down as a douchebag because of his demanding management style doesn't do justice to his character, I think, just as it doesn't do justice to him by portraying him as a demigod.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21337021 - 02/27/15 07:19 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:
yeah i recently saw that movie for the first time. wasnt that good of a flick and def made jobs look like a dick

that's probably because he is a dick, he was into holistic medicine and believed all
that good vibes and crystal energy shit but to illustrate my point, whe is the last
time you've heard of someone that is nice becoming mega wealthy? yeah, that's
because it doesnt happen. complete assholes get rich

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: koraks]
    #21337030 - 02/27/15 07:22 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Working with Jobs must have been stressful, as recognized by many who have spent time with him

working with assholes is stressful

Quote:

but others also attest to the fact that Jobs' circle could also be very energetic, productive and stimulating.

because he paid them millions to be his yes men, it's what wealthy assholes do

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: koraks] * 1
    #21337031 - 02/27/15 07:22 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

He certainly achieved a lot in his life and that itself is impressive, but I think that's kind of a separate issue from the question of whether or not he often acted like a shitty person. IMO he was more than just a douchebag, but he was still a douchebag (both personally and professionally.)

The best. Of the worst.
Male

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: psi]
    #21337052 - 02/27/15 07:29 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

OfflineRobbieDMonroe
Stranger
Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #21337069 - 02/27/15 07:35 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I saw an interview of Steve Wozniak and he said that in some situations Jobs was even worse than the movie show.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: kr0nik0] * 1
    #21337120 - 02/27/15 07:51 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kr0nik0 said:
I hope he wasn't like that in real life. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's dead.

Would you do the same with Hitler? :hitler:

A douche is a douche.

You can websearch, see what people he was around said about him, find out your own truth about him.

But he probably was a bit of a douche yeah.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: RobbieDMonroe] * 1
    #21337129 - 02/27/15 07:55 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RobbieDMonroe said:
I saw an interview of Steve Wozniak and he said that in some situations Jobs was even worse than the movie show.

Wozniak seems like a fucking hero. Jobs was a gigantic fuck face, but evidently very good at making people think excessively thin, shitty computers are good.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: koraks] * 1
    #21337178 - 02/27/15 08:18 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
I think he wasn't necessarily a douchebag. I think he was just focused, demanding and quite inflexible when it came to altering his vision or his approach to things. Working with Jobs must have been stressful, as recognized by many who have spent time with him, but others also attest to the fact that Jobs' circle could also be very energetic, productive and stimulating. Different strokes for different folks. I doubt I would have been happy working directly for him, but others certainly have enjoyed it - at least at times. Putting the guy down as a douchebag because of his demanding management style doesn't do justice to his character, I think, just as it doesn't do justice to him by portraying him as a demigod.

He yelled at his girlfriend and kicked her out of the house when he found out she was pregnant with his baby, he's a douchebag

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Steve Jobs was a completely douchebag?? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #21337545 - 02/27/15 10:03 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

kr0nik0 said:
I hope he wasn't like that in real life. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's dead.

Would you do the same with Hitler? :hitler:

A douche is a douche.

You can websearch, see what people he was around said about him, find out your own truth about him.

But he probably was a bit of a douche yeah.

That's a very good point.

To answer your question, no. Hitler does not get a pass from me.
I've never been interested in Jobs enough to do any real research on him as a person.

Everything I know about him comes from the media, this movie, and a netflix documentary about Apple.

The pass I said I was giving him is based solely on lack of knowledge and/or interest in the guy.

--------------------

mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Steve Jobs was a complete douchebag?? [Re: Sheekle]
    #21337552 - 02/27/15 10:05 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
I'm watching the movie "Jobs" which is supposed to he an accurate depiction of Steve Jobs' life

If this movie is on point, then jesus fuck Jobs was a complete fucking tool. I'm suprised nobody killed him before he went big

Intelligently discuss

I was honestly surprised as to how much of a dick he is in that movie.  Never knew he could be such an asshole.  If thats truly how he was?

The movie made it seem like Apple was never even his idea, he just came up with the name and innovations to build off of someone elses work

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Steve Jobs was a complete douchebag?? [Re: Herbologist] * 1
    #21337573 - 02/27/15 10:09 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

That'd be pretty funny if he was actually a really nice guy and that entire movie just basically made him look like a douche and disgraced his public image after his death

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
    #21337585 - 02/27/15 10:12 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
That'd be pretty funny if he was actually a really nice guy and that entire movie just basically made him look like a douche and disgraced his public image after his death

wouldn't surprise me

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

#21337594 - 02/27/15 10:14 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know about funny, but it'd be quite ironic.

I can just see the future now. We'll be celebrating Steve Jobs' day as a national holiday. We'll eat chocolates shaped in the form of 1st gen Ipods on that day, and whack old IMac computers with a stick until candy falls out.

We've celebrated and revered many douchebags in the past and present. It's only natural we immortalize Jobs by celebrating his douchiness in the future.

:derp:

--------------------

mad to be saved,

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order