Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Synchronicity
    #2130727 - 11/23/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What happens when you experience it.

On the way to work yesterday, I saw the back of a WV Bug, and I instantly started thinking of this girl i saw for maybe 5 seconds leaving the mall parking lot 2 months prior. These cars are pretty common, and i dont know why i thought of her, but as i passed...it was her. Does that count?

Alot of other little things have been happening, and as I take notice, its kinda like "whoa"

Am i supposed to follow these things, or just take notice of them, or what.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Synchronicity [Re: tak]
    #2130733 - 11/23/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Am i supposed to follow these things, or just take notice of them, or what.

My general rule is don't go looking for them, the ones that are really meaningful come looking for YOU.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinekarmabeacon
the enginedriver

Loc: on a long run.
    #2130743 - 11/23/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

synchronicity is meaningful coincidence.

'its kind of like nature throwing you a bone.'

can't recall who said that..

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Synchronicity [Re: karmabeacon]
    #2130805 - 11/23/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Snoop Dog?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Swami]
    #2130811 - 11/23/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That was The Police I believe.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinekarmabeacon
the enginedriver

Loc: on a long run.
    #2130830 - 11/23/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

shrug.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Synchronicity [Re: karmabeacon]
    #2131180 - 11/23/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it's fun to notice them. if you feel you should go after her, do it man!! by all means, give them the wat for, and the what have you :grin: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2139485 - 11/27/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I was just over at a friend's house, he was playing Mario Kart with another friend, and there was a movie on another television..

In the movie, this car went smashing into a building, and RIGHT when it did, my kart-playing friend yelled "BAM" as something happened in the game he was playing....

The more one looks for synchronicity, the more one will find. It gets maddening :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Strumpling]
    #2139497 - 11/27/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Synchronicity is externally meaningless pattern association. With billions of stored patterns and countless events / inputs, there is no way that there would NOT be occasional match-ups. But so many just l-o-v-e to turn a non-happening into something mysterious. Have fun, but don't take it seriously.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2139592 - 11/27/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

right..... recognizing this stuff can become quite distracting :wink:

let it flow

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (11/27/03 02:41 AM)

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Strumpling]
    #2139726 - 11/27/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

the only meaning in a synchronistic event is the meaning you infer. By itself, as a physical occurance, it is meaningless. But, I dont think there is anything wrong with taking a mystical approach to synchronous events, you have to make decisions somehow, and rationality doesnt always suffice.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Positronius]
    #2139729 - 11/27/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
the only meaning in a synchronistic event is the meaning you infer. By itself, as a physical occurance, it is meaningless. But, I dont think there is anything wrong with taking a mystical approach to synchronous events, you have to make decisions somehow, and rationality doesnt always suffice.

Yep. The only meaning that ANYTHING has is the meaning that we ourselves imply. It only has meaning if you let it have meaning. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: Synchronicity [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2139732 - 11/27/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I used to be really interested in synchronistic events, and I would take notice of them as positive indicators regarding the choices I made. If an amazing coincidence occured, I would assume that I was on the right path.

Lately, the past year or so, Ive lost interest in such a philosophy, but it was enjoyable at the time.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2142974 - 11/28/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Good question.
Whether you should "follow these things" depends upon what value you place upon them. The religious person, in the most essential meaning of the word, DOES follow them because each one offers a glimpse of how 'It All works,' or 'The Great Work,' or how GOD interfaces with humans. Synchronicities are my "manna from heaven.' My faith is strengthened by these events, which in turn allows me to perceive them more frequently. I used to log them in my journal, but they became everyday events and numerous at that. Originally I noticed them mainly while on acid. Synchronicity is a Jungian psychological word (based upon the workings of the I Ching), but could just as well be considered to be 'the miracles of everyday life' - moments of connectivity that seem to stand outside of the space-time-psyche that we are usually submerged in - an "acausal connecting principle.''

Of course, one can merely shrug these events off with an agnostic 'who knows?' attitude, or reduce the entire psychophysical coincidence as mathematically chance events of unrelated physical movements (simple materialism), but having experienced Life in both of these ways (albeit, in my adolescence), I can tell you exuberantly that the 'Magical Mystery Tour' of Life has been a whole lot more rewarding physically, mentally and spiritually over the past three decades, not to mention (like the book title) 'a joyous cosmology.' I hope you'll consider living the Life Miraculous.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2143024 - 11/28/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Synchronicity is, for me, signs from God. I have learned to watch for patterns. Synchronicity to you, but "signs" to me. But, not everything that appears to be synchronicity are "signs". Sometimes it's just coincidence, or an accident. You have to pay attention.

Synchronicity for itself is fun. Signs are an indication that God is talking to you.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2143066 - 11/28/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Synchronicity is externally meaningless pattern association. With billions of stored patterns and countless events / inputs, there is no way that there would NOT be occasional match-ups. But so many just l-o-v-e to turn a non-happening into something mysterious. Have fun, but don't take it seriously.

I'm gonna have to second that. Actually,a large amount synchronicity from daily events is a major sign of psychosis.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2143134 - 11/28/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Terence McKenna predicted that synchronicity will keep happening more and more often as we get closer to 2012. Personally, I haven't noticed and particular "Increase" over the last year, but I do recall a time about 5 months back where about 7 major coincidences occured, I'll give you an example of one: Me and my friend were walking by a local bowling alley and he said he wanted to go 'glow in the dark' bowling at this other place called Classic Bowl (the name is relevant). I said that would be fun but it's a bit more expensive than I'm willling to pay to go for bowling; he agreed. So then 30 min later I get home and decided to go get the mail. In the mail is a $5 coupon for "glow in the dark" bowling at Classic Bowl. He got the same coupon when he checked his mail later that day. We decided to go bowling  :smile: 

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: Synchronicity [Re: chodamunky]
    #2143355 - 11/28/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

2012, riiiiiight. What a fantasy.

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Positronius]
    #2143378 - 11/28/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I second that

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2143383 - 11/28/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I second that

Woah...we both said the same thing. The universe must be perfectly alligned and trying to tell me something.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom