Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
A felony for shroom hunting on WA state land?
    #2130447 - 11/23/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Imobiletoe just got busted for hunting shrooms in Oregon.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...art=15&vc=1

Looks like Astoria is becoming a shit trap for hunters. This is the 3rd story I've read on the shroomery about hunters getting harrassed/arrested in the area. Hopefully no one else down there had trouble.

PS. Would adding a "legal advice" section to the FAQ be a good idea?

Edited by Stymee (05/23/04 03:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebcustom
three short ofone-hundred

Loc: Grrreat Pac NW
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Stymee]
    #2130517 - 11/23/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ugh, that's an incredibly shitty situation and an even shitier outcome... Why is picking fungus a crime anyways? It isn't like they want it there...

--------------------
Don't you look at me in that tone of voice!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2130665 - 11/23/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:\ That's the suck.

Just kinda confirms our no specific locations rule. Imagine how many people would be getting busted if we allowed people to say exactly where they were picking mushrooms. The cops would read it and know exactly where to go to bust people... no good.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Gumby]
    #2130676 - 11/23/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Where is the post to that bust?
muj.. There are 25 pages at that site or is it 15?

mj

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2130709 - 11/23/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Here ya go MJ

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post2129820

Quote:

Imobiletoe said:
Actually everything got fucked... although the friday night was absolutley awesome... today almost everyone got kicked out of the park. my self included carrying a felony for shroom picking! I sincerly apologize to everyone this has effected. Although I am not the sole person to blame, I got the biggest kick in the ass. I feel rather responsible. And sincerly apologize to those who hold me responsible in one way or another.

So like how it all happened was that Nirvhead, Lyle (friend of mine) and I were all out picking off one of the roads to the beach. And I had a shitload of shrooms in a macdonalds bag in my pocket. I'm walking along back towards my car and a ranger pulls up and tells me that I need to be heading back to my car and that some friends were there in trouble or something. So as she leaves down to the beach I waited to she was as far out of sight as possible and I ditched my shrooms in the brush. But that wasn't good cause somehow she saw me ditching them. when she came back she and another ranger went looking for the bag and shit. So then pretty much I was caught and they sent all the info and shit into the sherif or whatever the fuck.then we get back to the car and they wanted to search my car, my friend got searched and they found shrooms on him but didn't bust him for shrooms the busted him for "abstructing habitat?" "brush picking?" in a state park. somthing like that I don't know about these laws enough. but basicly the fuckers let him go even though he was a bastard and raised a fuss when they searched him. What the fuck is with this world? So then they ended up not searching the car which was good because nirvhead had more shrooms in there plus I believe there was some weed in there also. Nirvhead got off clean and I'm glad he didn't get fucked as well.

Anyway again I'm truely sorry for playing a part in fucking up a perfectly awesome baddass tripin trip. I'm sick of this mother fucking cock sucking government forcing unconstitutional laws upon us. fucking with our free will of ingesting the beautifull sacriments this world has to offer.

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineImobiletoe
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2130752 - 11/23/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know what I'm gonna do. I hear with a felony on your record it can be hard to make it out of the country. And I'm moving to spain next year. Any suggestions anyone? I have not the money for a lawer at this time.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2130753 - 11/23/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

dudes tripping he aint getting shit anything they say we are gonna mail you your felony citation they are most likly bullshitting

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineDAK
Not you
Loc: SW Washington
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Dobie]
    #2131262 - 11/23/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think they're BSing. Most likely you'll get a letter from the prosecutor within the next week. Get a lawyer, you don't want a felony on your record. Scrape some money together it'll be worth it in the long run. Good luck!

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: DAK]
    #2131397 - 11/23/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ps this was in washington not oregon

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Dobie]
    #2131531 - 11/23/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

did they confescate any mushrooms?

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineImobiletoe
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: canid]
    #2132757 - 11/24/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes they did.

OfflineImobiletoe
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Imobiletoe]
    #2132851 - 11/24/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If I had the money I would fucking really try to make a big case out of this like the one that happened down in florida. Somehow some way this country is going to have to finally accept drug use. I should be the regulator of what I consume. Not the government.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2132954 - 11/24/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

they do not have to accept drug abuse, as long as they acce[pt the need for substance *use* within a cultural or spiritual context, or even in cases where theere is neither, but no harm is being done.

on the other hand, if you got cought on state park, or wildlife preserve land, they are well in their rights.

i try always to accept that i could get arrested on any given hunt for actiuves.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineHefex78
Male
*DELETED* [Re: canid]
    #2133006 - 11/24/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted. Reason for deletion: Confidential.

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 08:40 AM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Hefex78]
    #2133086 - 11/24/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wa7sum said:
I can't bring myself to understand the psychology of a cop or anyone who busts someone for mushroom hunting. Yes, I know cops must abide by every damn law of the land as they're brainwashed to do so, but how can they sleep at night knowing they caused such trouble to so many non-violent, non-criminal, fully decent people?

Probably cause most of them don't see it that way. It probably falls under the "all illegal drugs are bad" umbrella.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #2133309 - 11/24/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Question for Imobiletoe: Did you ever actually admit that the bag on the ground was yours?

Question for the shroomery population: Are their any edible Azure look alikes?

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2133336 - 11/24/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah we found some that were very close to azure lookalikes, more orange stem though. hard to tell from the cap, more orange bruising in the stem than the real thing

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinefalseaddiction
There's agoldmine up onthe mountainside

Loc: Where the nugs flow like ...
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2133515 - 11/24/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

man, if they don't know the bag is your FOR SURE, then say it wasn't. just deny everything and go with it. get your appointed lawyer and make them see that they can't say the bag was your FOR SURE. any doubt will get your off the charge hopefully.

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2133666 - 11/24/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

>Question for the shroomery population: Are their any edible Azure look alikes?

Pluteus cervinus looks a good bit like it to the untrained eye. Habitat kinda matches up too... they grow on wood.

OfflineImobiletoe
Re: A felony for shroom hunting on Oregon state land ... :( [Re: Gumby]
    #2136863 - 11/26/03 05:10 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

those are both good Ideas you think I could run with that? I don't know wheather I ever actually admited to it being mine. Would the ranger be a whitness on something of this sort or what? or do they go simply by the police report? cause I never talked to no police.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom