Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHeavenlyBlue
Stranger

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dealing with bad-trippers
    #2129911 - 11/23/03 02:54 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

I know it's not their fault, I know it's an accident and you have to help, but sometimes it just pisses me off.

To shorten the story, I gave my girlfriend half a pot cookie, she ate a full one last Friday, same batch, she was fine last Friday. This Friday before she ate, she was telling me a story about girl who drank a tiny bit of alcohol last night, a very small amount and ended up puking a bunch and having her boyfriend take care of her for three hours, she was laughing, kind of ridiculing her. I listened to the story, didn't really make any comments. Anyways I was drinking a bit, I wanted to eat the half cookie and have her drink because I figured it'd just be better.

Anyways about half an hour later she was telling me how weak it was, how she wasn't even feeling anything and that she probly wouldn't.

I had to comfort her for the next two hours, she was tripping pretty bad, and she said she really didnt like it, I had to watch her sleep for the next three.

I know I can't be mad at her or anything, but I think the lack of respect she gave to the drug and to other people is just ridiculous, if you disrespect a drug it will kick your ass! I don't her that after she commented on the cookie's weakness, I said don't underestimate it.

I know it's not her fault, but the lack of respect really got to me. If she had eaten a full one, that would be understandable, but it's not like this is a HUGE amount that she really wasn't used to. I didn't get a thank you or anything and she insisted I stay. I just had better things to do tonight.

Just sort of ranting, I honestly think the lack of respect she gave is the reason she had a bad trip.

Any similiar situations?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #2130004 - 11/23/03 04:24 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

I agree that in at least some situations a lack of respect for a drug would cause a bad trip. Of course there can be other reasons for bad tripping, but that's probably a significant one, and likely a factor in your girlfriend's bad time.

At the same time I know people who've disrespected far more powerful drugs (acid in particular) and have had good times.

I bad tripped from eating pot once, but that was the first time I did it, I was alone at home, by the time it kicked in I had about an hour until my mom got home, and I had no idea it was going to be as strong as it was. It was more of an experiment than anything.

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2130204 - 11/23/03 10:33 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

I had that happen i was at a party and i was talking to a guy about legal high i had some HBWR and he offer to buy some. Why not i thought so i told him about the stuff what it does and such.
Well he took 2 seeds 20 min later he took 3 more. Later on i met up with him about 1 hour latter he told me he wanted his money back!
I said No. At this point he was mad and drinking. I did not want this so i said just wait if nothing happens ill give you the money back.
Later i found him on the ground laying on his side throwing up.

Well the guy was young, not so bright and just wanted to get fucked up. The total oposite from me when i take drugs. There are some thing you cant tell them and hope they understand.

--------------------
DO what I Would

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: HeavenlyBlue]
    #2130492 - 11/23/03 02:32 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

tripping off of pot?

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: motaman]
    #2130499 - 11/23/03 02:39 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
tripping off of pot?

It's possible.

My sister cannot handle pot at all. She becomes overly emotional and contemplative. She let's everything bother her and it freaks her out.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: sirreal]
    #2131800 - 11/24/03 06:49 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Yes. The cannabis Spirit can kick your ass if disrespect is shown. The spirit can also show you many great things if respect is shown. Good luck meeting the spirit. Later.

Offlineenergy_ball_within
All thatis....Our mind
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: medicinebag]
    #2131831 - 11/24/03 07:26 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

i had one bad trip in all my experiences and it humiliated me that some of my friends had to endure my cries for help during this time. im sure its very irritating to have to sit there and help someone cope with thier own reality as you are with yours at the time, but good friends stick together and are there for one another even through such tough situations.
i had to be a guide to 2 people this last weekend after they took some mush and i was on a very small bit of it, but non the less i was there for them without hesitation. i dont see it as them bringing me down, but me being accepted into thier reality and helping them see they arent alone. learn from others and chalk it all up as experience instead of a bad time.
i only wish my friends would have told me on that one trip that i was "here" and i was "ok" instead of asking for the number to my moms work, so they could call her(luckily i spouted out jibberish to them, so she never showed up or it would have been way worst). i also wish they werent inviting all thier friends to my place to smoke herb in my backyard while i was out of it the whole time. they are good people regardless, but i would have been there 100% of the time guiding "me" through it all instead of letting me journey to hell and back. its alright though, cause its make me reflect more on certain things that are important and dismiss those that are of no concern to "life".

---------------

tripping off pot is a placebo-effect. people freakout over the smallest things. sure pot can be strong depending on the strain, how its grown, people reacting to it, etc.... but by no means does it make you trip(maybe it does or maybe thats just the mush i took with it? haha).

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: energy_ball_within]
    #2131836 - 11/24/03 07:40 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

> tripping off pot is a placebo-effect.

Bzzt... incorrect.  Try eating a gram or two of strong hash and then tell us about placebo effect with respect to tripping on cannabis.  :grin:

Large doses of cannabis will cause you to trip... and it isn't fun.  Depending upon how much you eat, the trip/hell can last for several days.  This is much different than the paranoia that sometimes comes from smoking.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

All thatis....Our mind
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: Seuss]
    #2131844 - 11/24/03 08:15 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

oh ive eaten many grams of some dank. been good too, but i never once tripped.

when you say trip and high. they are two different things. i would never compare weed in anyway ingested or smoked as causing a trip. instead it might have similarities, but theres no tripping involved.

oh and i wouldnt waste hash just to eat it. its rare round here, so id rather smoke it up. i would waste a couple grams here and there of some nugs, but even then its a stretch. id rather get some schwag even know it sucks and bake a batch of good ol brownies.

Edited by energy_ball_within (11/24/03 08:17 AM)

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2132165 - 11/24/03 12:13 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I am a bad tripper. On mush, it is rare for me not to paranoi-freakout. so i dont do it much anymore.

If I take any kind of a break from weed, like a week or two, and then come back to it, especially by hitting a bong pretty hard, I definately trip. It's a very similar paranoi-ic freakout. My heart a-thumps and my mind a-races.

And if I am around ppl I don't want to be around, or doing something I dont want to be doing, I am UNABLE to grin and bear it, as they say. It's like when my mom sees a bird. Have you ever seen a Maury Povich show where they bring on those ppl who need to deal with their phobias? THats how I can get sometimes.

And I hate that. plz help.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2132192 - 11/24/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

> On mush, it is rare for me not to paranoi-freakout. so i dont do it much anymore.

If it doesn't sit well, don't do it.  :smile:

> And I hate that. plz help

If you're gonna do it, you have to view it like weight lifting or training for a sport.  Start with an ultralow dosage... maybe 0.5g dry.  Take it when you are ready and kick back and listen to some music, or do something that you really enjoy by yourself.  Repeat this every few weeks, until you no longer get worried before taking a 0.5g dosage.

Once you can handle the 0.5, bump it up to 1.0g dry.  Again, do things that you like and enjoy.  Trip alone (with a sitter) or with other people that you enjoy being around.  Don't venture away from your safe area that you are used to tripping in.  You are trying to learn how to enjoy the trip, which takes time and practice.

Each time you get comfortable with a dosage, up the dosage another half gram.  If you ever get to an uncomfortable dosage, then back off the next time.  Don't push yourself... slow is the key.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: Seuss]
    #2132511 - 11/24/03 02:55 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

you CAN trip off pot

on 4/20 of my senior year in hs I went to a party where all they had to eat was pot brownies, I was young and stupid, so when the munchies came around and all we had to eat was brownies..... well in the end I had about 7 STRONG brownies. I was tripping, no question about it.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: Turd]
    #2132838 - 11/24/03 05:33 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

So...when you people claim to "trip" off of pot you are having a psychedelic-like experience?! I have eaten good mid-grade pot before and got HIGH as hell, it was a lot better high then smoking it, but I just can't imagine full blown hallucinations from somthing like marijuana, I'll have to try sometime.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
Trippin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine Coast of BC
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2132961 - 11/24/03 06:41 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

It is totally possible to trip on THC.
I have many times. Never from straight bud, but from highly refined oil, or honey oil. I quit puffin for 2 weeks, smoked a large bowl of some nice golden brown oil, then tripped off my ass for about an hour. I got really high at first, then it just kept going up like shrooms do.
I walked outside and the whole world looked like it does in "A waking life". I halucinated for about an hour then i was very stoned/burnout the rest of the day.
Ive smoked just a little honey oil and had pixilation and tracers before also.

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
Trippin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunshine Coast of BC
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #2132976 - 11/24/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

This one is to people who know they are bad trippers. If its your first time and you ate too much, well that happens and i have no problem with that. This is for the people who have tripped 5-10imes and always have a bad time. If you know you are going to have a bad time then dont do them at all, you will just bring down the whole trip level of the group.
I've got a few friends like this that tag along every once in a while and they just make it so much worse. I'll be tripping, loving life, having a great time and along comes X. X is paranoid, X wants to go home and wants everyone to go with him. You re-assure X that nothing is wrong and 10 minutes later he comes to you asking where you are, what you are doing, why you are, and when will you be headed home. X wants the whole group to do exaclty what he wants to do. He'll go from one to the other inturuppting your trip and trying to take you home so he can watch cartoons with you. And when you say no to X you feel bad, bringing down your trip. I have experienced this a few times. It is not fun. It didnt ruin my trips, but wasting half a trip explaining things over and over again is not fun.
If you are X then stay away. If you want to do shrooms, do em alone or with someone willing to take care of you. Dont ruin many other ppls trips.(especially if you know you have done it before)
Shrooms arent for everyone

--------------------
Then why did i have the bowl Bart? Why'd i have the Bowl???

OfflineDiemos
Stranger
    #2133159 - 11/24/03 08:13 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I dunno man, I am a fairly seasoned smoker. I've never heard of anyone tripping from marijuana. And I've consumed over an ounce of hydro in one setting. All it did was make me fall asleep. What do you consider a trip? Seeing visuals? Because if you stare hard enough at anything you will see visuals, its called day dreaming.

All thatis....Our mind
Re: Dealing with bad-trippers [Re: Diemos]
    #2133188 - 11/24/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Diemos said:
I dunno man, I am a fairly seasoned smoker. I've never heard of anyone tripping from marijuana. And I've consumed over an ounce of hydro in one setting. All it did was make me fall asleep. What do you consider a trip? Seeing visuals? Because if you stare hard enough at anything you will see visuals, its called day dreaming.

exactly.

Anonymous

#2133200 - 11/24/03 08:26 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I never tripped off weed.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #2133258 - 11/24/03 08:49 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Luv_The_Cyans said:
And when you say no to X you feel bad, bringing down your trip.

Hahhhaehehe!  Nice  :thumbup:

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2133325 - 11/24/03 09:26 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Isn't pot classified as a psychedelic? anyway, I've encoutered so many people like that before, some were even my own friends. I just try to talk some sense into them, make them realize that maybe their distorted view of the world at that moment is conjured up in their heads and that the pot is just acting as a catalyst by making you high enough to not give a fuck what anyone else says about what you think. At this point they're so fuckin' confused it doesn't even matter anymore :grin:

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports