Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

The Challenge.....
    #2129315 - 11/22/03 05:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Someone gave me the idea to do this when they saw someone with a small bin with casings in it and suggested that they fill the bottom of the bin with 4 inches of poo and let'em go at it.....so here goes!
The plan is to take this bin filled to that black mark with poo and straw. Its already in there and pasterized.

Add these 2 pints of fully colonized WBS (Equadors)

Mix thouroughly and wait. Then when I go to fruit. Hang these "holiday" lights from the lid of the bin and put them on a timer, 7 hours a day should be enough.

The only thing im real concerned about is air exchange. Normally I have a jar sitting on the bottom of the bin with water, h202 and an airstone pumping fresh air in. IM goin to try to rig something that will hang on the side of the bin and hold water.

So whadda you think? Good? Bad? Not that big of a deal? Itll be my first attempt at a big grow. Been doing casings and spawn for a while now. Eventually, this should go into the grow log.

Somedays, you get lucky enough to deliver someone else's karma.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
lawn boy

Re: The Challenge..... [Re: pooskooper]
    #2129369 - 11/22/03 06:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

you and i are working along the same lines, i have 3 of those going now. #1 i lost to the green, #2 got a bit and i am working on saving it, looks good so far, #3 is looking fine.

the best advice i can toss out there is to use alot of spawn, i believe my contam came from a corner not colonizing fast enough. it took over 10 days. the one that was done quicker because i used more spawn has not seen the same problems. it is hard to tell from the pic but that looks as big or bigger than the ones i used and i used 2 quarts to each one, except the third with had 3 quarts. had about 3 to 4 inch depth in each.

best of luck to you, hope it turns out well.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation