Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2128550 - 11/22/03 08:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I was afraid of death, from about 18-27. Then in the same year my father and grandmother passed. What do I have to be afraid of, now?
I guess nothing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: Swami]
    #2128568 - 11/22/03 08:56 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Body fear of impending death.

What if you could feel impending death, and as well see future death, and or worry about that future death?

I dont think i could help being afraid, its like it just jolts my system, its like coming to grips with everything ending in a single second. I dont know if one could experience this, but i feel that i have, i couldnt explain it, but ive been there in my dreams, and been there high.
------
Am i afraid of it in the future or at any point without my body interfering? Yeah, i have to say i fear it a little bit, maybe cause i feel/think i felt it before... but being able to see it as a process of all things makes me feel less anxious. But i worry that my life will have been meaningless if i were to die when i was not ready, and i think that would scare me the most, and that i had let people down.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2128586 - 11/22/03 09:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

[quote

I dont think i could help being afraid, its like it just jolts my system, its like coming to grips with everything ending in a single second. I dont know if one could experience this, but i feel that i have, i couldnt explain it, but ive been there in my dreams, and been there high.
------

Yeah, a really high dose makes you real afraid. I remember the first time I really took a high dose of psilocybin. I was afraid, very afraid. I asked my buddy to take me to the hospital, I was dying. I know, there are plenty of arguments here that state it's all in your head. Thats my point, "it" is all in our head. Until "it" leaves our head. Then "its" out there. "It" = I

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: medicinebag]
    #2128594 - 11/22/03 09:11 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

tee hee

Today I saw somebody on TV talking about how some chamber that messes with your brainwaves through the use of sound has produced really profound experiences in people where they talk to dead relatives and stuff, so now they no longer fear death.

But hold on a second, those people still fear death, they just no longer believe it happens. Some of you seem to be doing the same thing. Saying stuff like "death is not the end, so I do not fear it." But.. yes, you do fear death as an end to your existence, but you've found some appealing but ultimately poorly assembled belief to hang over your window on reality as you would a curtain and it shades you from the truth, blindingly obvious as it crosses the sky like the ... This analogy require some assembly, and you can all take it from here I'm sure.

So, what have we learned today? 99% of belief in the afterlife is inspired by fear of death. This fear is so strong that we tend to make huge leaps of faith in building our "understanding" of life after death and we find ourselves incapable of being honest with ourselves about how we came to these conclusions. My reccomendation: Prepare for the worst. Come to terms with death being the end of you.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2128605 - 11/22/03 09:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

99% hell probably 100%.

But what about when you were a kid. No one really feared death when they where a kid. You didn't think about it, not until you were confronted with it did you first fear it. Then you learned to recognize that fear as pure instinct, and yes we do come up with crazy ways to avoid personality death. Reincarnation, heaven, hell, this that. Or Nothing. I don't know about that nothingness. What about mind being energy. How do some seperate the mind from the body. Like the bhudhist who set himself on fire in with gasoline. I didn't see a grimace on his face. Only bliss.

Edited by medicinebag (11/22/03 09:22 AM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2128629 - 11/22/03 09:34 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah what was I thinking? 100%.

What does that buddhist have to do with what you're saying?

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2128644 - 11/22/03 09:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How did he disconnect the body from the mind? Where did his mind go?

What about the kid issue. Fear? we only learn what it is from others until we experience it personally. I didn't fear death as a kid, I knew about death but didn't fear it until I was confronted with it on a personal level.

Edited by medicinebag (11/22/03 09:55 AM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2128652 - 11/22/03 09:54 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not afraid of death as long as it isn't too painful or drawn out. But then again I sometimes the moments before dying and what it would be like and I get a little uneasy. I might be more afraid of what I am leaving behind. Not being there for my daughter, things like that.

I am sorry that you think this reality is hell. I think it is unfortunate that some people think that the perfect world would have no pain. Dualism is reality and perfection. Reality can't be any other way IMO. I always like to say that I am confident that the universe is unfolding exactly as it should.

I am also worried for your future. With you outlook on life I think you are a prime candidate for a suicide attempt the first time you are truly tested by life.

If I could life for 1000 years I would. One of my favorite books is "Time Enough for Love" by: R.A.H.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2128656 - 11/22/03 09:59 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

..and his mind was never seen again.. until now!

RETURN OF THE BUDDHA'S DETACHED MIND PART III

I don't see why his mind would have to go anywhere. What do you mean?

As for the kid issue: kids are afraid of lots of things long before they know what death is. That fear is a fear of death. Eventually they make the connection consciously .. "ah, I'm afraid of the monsters because they might KILL me and I'd DIE." What's your point with the kid? Are you saying that kids could be brought up to not fear death? I disagree if so.

Anonymous

#2128659 - 11/22/03 10:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i've been thinking about this one... and i've realized that at this point in time, if i was suddenly made aware that i was about to die, i think i'd be very afraid.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2128660 - 11/22/03 10:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

there are religious people all over the planet shaving their heads and not having sex who believe this is hell.. they haven't killed themselves yet

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2128668 - 11/22/03 10:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

there are religious people all over the planet shaving their heads and not having sex who believe this is hell.. they haven't killed themselves yet

So, your saying this sums up me? laughs. I have sex regularly. I do shave my head but not down to the skull. And I don't know where the suicide thing came from. I used that bhudhist as an example of someone who apparently believed that his mind would leave his body and they are not the same thing. He believed this because it wasn't the first time he had detached the mind from the body. Some here would argue delusion. That is their viewpoint. I can't prove anything with my small vocabulary. Dualism. What if those that argue that dualism is perfection lost thier loved one tomorrow morning. Would they have that same outlook on dualism. Is everything perfect in this world? I do not think so. Yes. This world is what we make of it. But look at what we as a whole have made of it. \

Kids: Remember when you were a kid and you thought you were going to live forever. Then wham, something, changed that thought.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2128672 - 11/22/03 10:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I can't remember.. what are you getting at?

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2128688 - 11/22/03 10:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Did I just say that?

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2128859 - 11/22/03 04:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

medicinebag said:Yes. This world is what we make of it. But look at what we as a whole have made of it.

This thought is what gives me a positive outlook on life. You say that what we have accomplished as a species is nothing to be proud of. I totally disagree.
Just consider how humans used to live before thechnology and culture. Some people think life was good then. But that's bullcrap. Our whole existance was filled with just surviving. Constantly looking for food, watching our relatives die before they reached thirty. Weaker people dying in their childhood.

Just think of what a large way we have come. Many people in the world aren't sturggling to survive anymore. People can decide what they want to do with their lives when they are young.
There is still a lot of suffering in this world, but fundamental changes just don't come easy.
But if we continue to culturally, mentally and scientifically evolve as we have been doing increasingly faster through time, we have a bright future ahead of us.

People will probably always be suffering to some degree, because that's just what we do. We always find a way to suffer, even when we have it good. It's just a part of life.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinebigfatdork
Now I Have Teeth

Loc: North PoLL
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2128873 - 11/22/03 04:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The first time I took Acid it made me confront a fear of death I didn't even know I had. The only thing I fear now is life, and that's only because every time I try and look at the guy and I can't stop staring at that neon sign over his head:

Better Luck Next Time

--------------------
"But it was alright, he had won the battle against himself, He Loved Big Brother"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom