Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKttail
DragonDreamer
Male

Loc: S. Oregon Coast , USA
Mushroom Entity?
    #2128827 - 11/22/03 09:02 AM (13 years, 17 days ago)

It's been quiet around my place lately and I have a thought that has been on my mind.
In the book I was reading by Carlos Castanedo, the old indian kept referring to peyote as Mescalito...an actual entity. The belief was similar to the Catholic version of consuming the flesh of Christ. It seems that peyote was ingested as a spiritual journey in which the person often came in direct contact with Peyote/Mescalito as an actual embodiment of the cacti, the spirit of, not for entertainment purposes only. Almost like a minor god.
I can't say this with any assurance as I haven't finished reading the text. The wife missplaced it during a cleaning spree in which my stuff was the only things moved, heh heh.
Anyways.....has anyone ever heard anything similar about mushrooms? It seems that with all of the cultures that have ingested mushrooms throughout the centuries that there would be some indigenous tales/beliefs regarding this in a spiritual manner. I'm particularly interested in North American or Scandanavian versions, but am curious about all of them.

--------------------
"Do not meddle,
In the affairs of Dragons.
For thou art crunchy,
and tasty with catsup."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
Re: Mushroom Entity? [Re: Kttail]
    #2129228 - 11/22/03 04:05 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Keep reading on. Later Don Juan will let you in on a few secrets about mushrooms/allies. Watch out though, most people will bust your balls if you say that you believe what Carlos wrote down. Personally, I believe that don Juan was a couple of different people all rolled up into one. But the lessons in his works are worth understanding and appreciating. I will probably get the fith degree for coming out of the Carlos Castenada Closet.LOL> However, Regardless of what his skeptics say, I live by allot of what was written down in those books. I have witnessed several things that are considered supernatural. I have "seen" only for a glimpse. Then I lost my attention. It's like holding your attention on that which we usually do not believe exists. I have read almost all of his works. Not the eagles gift. I assume you are reading the first or second book? The difference between mescalito and little smoke is that mescalito can't be conquered. He is a teacher/protector. Not an ally. Meaning, you can't use mescalito for your own purposes. He exist to teach not to help with a battle. Little smoke will help you in a battle, if you have conquered him. The evil eagle or devils weed will help you but she is harder to conquere. She has a temper and wants allot in return for her services, little smoke or the mushroom will be your friend without a whole lot of demandment. Hope that helped. later.

Edited by medicinebag (11/22/03 04:13 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology