Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits
    #2128727 - 11/22/03 05:04 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Every person who makes the decision to have a mushroom experience has a reason for doing so. To simply get fucked up, to see what will happen... To have a fun time and to laugh your ass of for hours at a time... or to search through a different level of consciousness for insights and inspiration which can be used to enhance everyday life.

I believe that each of these uses can be justified, and there is nothing wrong with experiencing mushrooms for any of these reasons. A newcomer to the world of mushrooms will likely try them out just to see what it's like... simply to explore a different state of consciousness. After a trip or two, perhaps they will realize that a mushroom trip can be a really good time, and can enhance activities and practices we normally enjoy in our sober or otherwise altered state.

Some people are quite content with enjoying mushrooms on the levels of pleasure enhancement and entertainment, and I am quite alright with that, however, I must recognize, having once used mushrooms for these reasons, that the value of the mushroom experience is precious. Eating mushrooms is not something I do very often, thus, every time I eat them, I want to have the best experience possible. And to have the best experience possible, I must take some time during the trip to connect with the awesome power that is coming from the "spirit" of the mushroom.

Some people believe that the effect mushrooms have on our perception and consciousness is due merely to the prescence of the psilocybin molecule in the brain. What is imporant for us to realize is that it is not the mere physical effect of the molecule in our brain that is valuable. It is the state of mind that the psilocybin molecule allows us to reach... the insight it connects us to. The higher intelligence that becomes accessible when we allow it to flow through us... some people call this the "spirit" of the mushroom. I say, call it whatever you need to call it, but for your own benefit, do not ignore it!

To those who wish to use mushrooms merely for the enjoyment and the good time, I do not condemn. In my mind there is nothing wrong with it, because if you just want to have a good time and are not interested in learning, the mushroom will give you a good time and not bother teaching you because it knows you will not pay attention! The mushroom "spirit" is very generous, and can give, at the very least, a good time and a therapeutic experience without expecting much in return.

To those people who have not experienced the great insight that the mushroom can provide -- the insight which is very REAL and very powerful -- I can only reccomend that on your next trip, you spend some time observing the inspiring experience unfolding before you, undistracted by entertainment. If you thought mushrooms were great for having a good time, you will be amazed at the valuable lessons you can learn if you simply pay attention.

The best, simplest way to have this kind of insightful mushroom experience is to take one or two good friends to a place where you can appreciate nature, and discuss everything and anything that comes to mind. And of course take some time to just sit quietly, listen, and enjoy the magic.

Not every mushroom trip has to be a 6 hour meditation on the meaning of life, but if you have respect for the awesome gifts the mushroom brings, and are grateful to all that it has to offer, then at least take SOME time to meditate, and prepare to be challenged and awed. And it wouldn't hurt to take a moment, even a split second, to acknowledge and thank the source of your beautiful experience, whatever you believe that source to be.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
Re: The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits [Re: Amnesiac]
    #2128736 - 11/22/03 05:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2128737 - 11/22/03 05:17 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sweet dude!  and I like how you put at the end that it doesn't have to be 6 hours of meditation.  why not use it for all reasons on the same trip?  that's what I do.  if i want to do something I will, if I want to sit in the dark and feel how empty (and thus clear) my head can be, that's cool too.

you're right about paying attention, because it is about the mindset.  jsut keep in mind to leave judgement at the door when you shroom, paying attention becomes al ot easier and without judgement, we have clarity.  clarity would mean that we can see the world as it is, not from a limited point of view :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineAmnesiac

#2128738 - 11/22/03 05:20 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

On a further note, it takes time to develop a meaningful relationship with the mushroom spirit. For most people, you and the mushroom will just sort of "play with each other" for a while. This is a necessary step for some to eventually realize the true power, and the most beneficial ways to use mushrooms.

I also believe that anyone who at first plays with the mushroom should develop the relationship further and listen to what the mushroom has to say.

The mushroom should be respected, and the simple way to show respect is, as I have said, to pay attention, as you would to any teacher.

When a teacher is spending their time and energy attempting to teach you something, and you respond by throwing paper airplanes across the classroom, you are being disrespectful to the humble offering of your intelligent friend.

Expanding on what I said in the first post, the spirit of the mushroom is patient, forgiving, and very generous. Reward it, and reward yourself by allowing it to expand your mind.

OK, I'll shut up now!

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2128741 - 11/22/03 05:24 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

famous last words after eating magic mushrooms

I've got the giggles..... :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits [Re: kaiowas]
    #2128742 - 11/22/03 05:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

How about, "I think I just pissed my pants" :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2128746 - 11/22/03 05:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i only said last words because most of the time, i have nothing to say when I'm on shrooms.  actually talking on shrooms kind of bothers me.  the less I talk, the better the experience is :smile:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits [Re: kaiowas]
    #2128786 - 11/22/03 07:24 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My favourite quote that I said on mushrooms was "So yeah, John's dog is dead, what's up with that?" He was sleeping and it looked like he was dead. Anyways, everyone laughed and it sparked something inside me that I couldn't handle, and I bolted out the door. I stood outside for awhile and realized I had to go back inside, so I did, and you know, of course no one says anything.

I ended up having a descent into this really horrible trip, where I took every negative thing I had within me and used it as a weapon to destroy me. After I had no energy and not one thing to hit myself with, I realized that I was still alive. I felt like shit, physically and mentally, but I at least realized that the only thing left now was to start rebuilding myself positively.

It was complete Hell, and also a turning point in my life. I have always believed that the mushrooms give you what you need at that point and time. It gave me it, and it had to be something as negative as it was. It was highly effective and I treasure the fact that it happened, although it was by no means pleasant.

And, after six months, I will soon be having a mushroom trip! Huzzah! :grin: I really am looking forward to it, in lite of my recent change in mental state. I am just going to let what happens happens, I have nothing to take into the trip. Just as long as I get to play some bass guitar as I am coming up and possibly after I peak, the mushrooms are free to move through me and carry me to whatever end they wish. :mush:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2128793 - 11/22/03 07:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

How much will you be taking?

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits [Re: sirreal]
    #2128795 - 11/22/03 07:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
How much will you be taking? 

An eighth. And from what I hear, from someone that has already done these, they aren't your normal mushrooms.  :shocked:

I am just glad I got a lot of stuff worked out with that E roll, because I now feel like I am finally ready for such a mushroom trip. Only one more week.... mmmmm.....

Getting some marijhooah, too! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2128799 - 11/22/03 07:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Cool!

I just posted a trip report in trip tips. 82 fr. grams. Pretty fuckin' intense!

It is amazing what mushrooms do to your perceptions. I am in awe of these things.

Even the bad experiences are good, kind of like you said.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The reasons we use mushrooms, and corresponding benefits [Re: sirreal]
    #2128804 - 11/22/03 07:53 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'll go check it out when I get done catching up in here. I haven't had a lot of experience with mushrooms, really, just a few trips here and there. I am really looking forward to this one. :grin:

If there is one thing that we can all agree on in this forum, it is that mushrooms are definitely something else and that our life is greater for having them. :mush:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here