Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Psychedelics as a short cut * 2
    #21275547 - 02/15/15 12:48 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Why is it that people are accepting of sexual magic/yoga/tantra/whatever, but view psychedelics as a somehow "less than pure" spiritual experience, like cheating or some shit?

If jerking off and directing my orgasm inward can be spiritual, so can acid. The brain reacting to chemical experiences is literally what's happening during sex in the first place!

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: LSDXM]
    #21275559 - 02/15/15 12:53 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

no psychedelic experience has ever been par to sexual experience.  two different things.  hence the name.

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?

Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #21275585 - 02/15/15 01:09 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree. What do you mean "hence the name"?

LSD and mushrooms are "two different things" two. They're both psychedelic experiences that can facilitate spiritual revelation.

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #21275616 - 02/15/15 01:32 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Well, cuz taking a chemical is the easiest and requires less prerequisites. Finding an attractive girl, by contrast, with whom to engage in tantric sex can be quite a difficult process and you don't know how soon it will happen. Obtaining psychedelics, by contrast, is guaranteed and you know exactly when you will obtain them, e.g. your mushroom grow will take 5 weeks. People dismiss it because they think it's "too good to be true," and they're fools.

InvisibleChronic7
    #21275682 - 02/15/15 02:18 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

With practices like yoga, meditation, fasting, mantra etc... people can work hard for months or years to have a taste of similar states to psychedelics, so psychedelics are a short cut, which is a miracle and a sign of the times not a reason to see them as 'less than pure' at all

The problem is if you don't then take up practice and learn how to wake up without the shortcut then the shortcut can potentially hold you back

I found that if you truly have spiritual experiences with psychedelics then you will naturally seek out how to get there without them because it's a state worthy of having at hand all the time not for just a few hours a few times a year, so then it's good to have a break from psychedelics and really manage to wake up without anything except yourself, then if you try psychedelics again they can be even more powerful and more of a genuine tool, a few glimpses over a 7 hour dreamy trip compared to 7 hours of full power clear seeing is a huge difference, and the difference between the two is sober sadhana

--------------------

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #21275782 - 02/15/15 04:22 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

WhoManBeing said:
no psychedelic experience has ever been par to sexual experience.  two different things.  hence the name.

This is a ridiculous things to say. For a start there are so many types OF sexual experience and YOU haven't experienced all of them and no one can

And the same goes for psychedelic experience

One thing I discovered very early  --15-- with psychedelics is that experience of orgasm can be had by touch, seeing, healing, smelling, feeling. AND that these insights I have integrated into my day to day life AND was later to discover them talked about in Tantra etc.

I was listening to this guy on Youtube talking about how magic mushrooms experienced him in Tantric sex so that now he does not HAVE to cum, and can go months with out cumming and yet have orgasms

I am not anti-ejaculation--for a male--but one thing you notice with many people is as SOON as the 'money shot' lol happens, they roll over to sleep or shut the cam off!

I have also found it virtually impossible to cum after taking psychedelic mushrooms. After all the whole experience is orgasmic so the goal of 'having an orgasm' may very well be superfluous?

Offlineyouknowyou
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: zzripz]
    #21275901 - 02/15/15 06:06 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

sure, they do help for spiritual revelation. but after the experience, you have to do the work in your life.
but its indeed very helpful but as you cannot always be high, you must find that contentment in other ways

OfflineAero
Orea

Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: youknowyou]
    #21276104 - 02/15/15 07:56 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

High on psychedelics shows you a picture of something on the top of the mountain.
You still have to climb it otherwise u are staring at a picture telling people I've been there..and u never really gonna find it out what's really there. Dont forget its a picture its not what u think it is..
People tend to forget about this and get waved away by thinking they got enlightened being God or what not.. These are experiences to open up your mind into the possibilities

You cling onto something that's not as real as u think it is

Reality is beyond the consciousness. If u think u are one with everything and one with God. U aren't there yet..

--------------------
SPREAD THE SPORES

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: Aero]
    #21276164 - 02/15/15 08:37 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I would pick psychs>sex all day everyday

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

Offlineyouknowyou
Stranger
    #21276165 - 02/15/15 08:38 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aero said:
High on psychedelics shows you a picture of something on the top of the mountain.
You still have to climb it otherwise u are staring at a picture telling people I've been there..and u never really gonna find it out what's really there. Dont forget its a picture its not what u think it is..
People tend to forget about this and get waved away by thinking they got enlightened being God or what not.. These are experiences to open up your mind into the possibilities

Reality is beyond the consciousness. If u think u are one with everything and one with God. U aren't there yet..

yeah, if you think you are something different then the rest,a entity independant and with a core, you are not there yet.

but if you realize the unity in life and how related you are to your environments, your getting closer.

OfflineAero
Orea

Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: youknowyou]
    #21276183 - 02/15/15 08:44 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

youknowyou said:
Quote:

Aero said:

yeah, if you think you are something different then the rest,a entity independant and with a core, you are not there yet.

but if you realize the unity in life and how related you are to your environments, your getting closer.

That unity eventually breaks into parts as u go deeper :wink:

--------------------
SPREAD THE SPORES

Offlineyouknowyou
Stranger
    #21276196 - 02/15/15 08:49 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aero said:
Quote:

youknowyou said:
Quote:

Aero said:

That unity eventually breaks into parts as u go deeper :wink:

absolutely but it comes back doesnt it?
theres the absolute reality and sadly, the reality we create right now within ourselves...

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: s240779]
    #21276210 - 02/15/15 08:52 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Last night I started reading Journeys into the Bright World (1978)* and they provide some good arguments against that idea that psychedelics aren't "natural." They ask, what is natural? They certainly need the arguments..the book's about ketamine. :lol:

You can read it here: http://enthea.org/library/journeys-into-the-bright-world/

*Marcia Moore & Howard Altounian, MD.

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?

#21276512 - 02/15/15 10:06 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Da2ra said:
Well, cuz taking a chemical is the easiest and requires less prerequisites. Finding an attractive girl, by contrast, with whom to engage in tantric sex can be quite a difficult process and you don't know how soon it will happen. Obtaining psychedelics, by contrast, is guaranteed and you know exactly when you will obtain them, e.g. your mushroom grow will take 5 weeks. People dismiss it because they think it's "too good to be true," and they're fools.

Really? Have you tried buying real acid lately? I mean holy shit. It's not exactly something I'd call "guarenteed". Sure, guarenteed once you finally procure the real thing, but you could say the same about pussy.

--------------------

OfflineHierophant
Ritualistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

#21276551 - 02/15/15 10:11 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Patanjali lists aushadhi (light bearing herbs/medicine) as a viable means of awakening dormant potentialities within oneself and there is no doubt in my mind that psychoactive substances of all classes can be utilized to this extent, psychedelics in particular.

Communing with psychedelics and working with the experieces is a valid spiritual path, one out of many. All paths lead you towards the destination, some intersect, and each one you tread will provide unique scenery, obstacles and advantages along the way.Psychedelics are a "short cut" but so is every other path, that's the whole point of a path otherwise you're just wondering aimlessly through a wilderness you may or may not ever leave.

Psychedelics can accelerate the process of self realization by expanding consciousness, bringing greater awareness to oneself and ones surroundings. They dissolve the egoic barriers that often limit our ability to self identify with the universe beyond the subjective experience of the body and mind. They can expand the parameters of self and lift you into the realms of psyche/soul, showing you your place within the great chain of unified being, providing knowledge through direct experience.

The experience itself is fleeting but can create lasting impressions which take discipline in order to integrate and can act as stepping stones leading one towards sustaining such a state of awareness naturally before progressing further.

Because of the impact they have had on my personal journey I will always hold them in reverence and advocate them as invaluable tools of self discovery.

Happy trails fellow travelers  :mushroom2: :vibin: :mushroom2:

Edited by Hierophant (02/15/15 12:44 PM)

OfflineGreentality
Observer of Life

Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: Hierophant]
    #21276960 - 02/15/15 11:16 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I like what The Chronic had to say.

Look at your  spiritual journey as a fire...
I think if psychedelics as a (not thee) SPARK to creating a spiritual life. You can catch a glimpse of these higher states, but you cannot build a fire with only a spark. I look at things like yoga/meditation/visualization as the KINDLING to realization (or FIRE). And as Aero said, you cannot cling to experiences that have passed. When you start to understand, you see that one isnt more important that the other. No spark- no fire, no kindling, no fire.

I see alot of people have mindset like "well my trip is over, back to reality." Things can only be integrated NOW. If you perceive things in your life with beginings and endings, you havent used enough kindling. Tend to the fuel often enough and your fire will never go out.

I dont see myself giving up the psychedelic experience, but I do believe that you can keep a fire going forever with just one spark.

^^I hope that metaphor made sense lol

OfflineHierophant
Ritualistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: Greentality]
    #21277270 - 02/15/15 12:16 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:well put

--------------------
There is a golden book kept in my heart and guarded by my soul, written in Divine Light and bound with the veins of the Earth.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: Hierophant]
    #21277303 - 02/15/15 12:25 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Just look around. How many people that have been tripping or meditating for 20+ years are actually liberated? Neither works.

Offlineyouknowyou
Stranger
Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: Middleman]
    #21277358 - 02/15/15 12:36 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rev. Morton said:
Just look around. How many people that have been tripping or meditating for 20+ years are actually liberated? Neither works.

no tripping doesnt work, its a tool to bring insight but you have to do the work sober.
but those who meditates, yes there are some that are liberated.

I agree with everything greentality and hierophant said.

Edited by youknowyou (02/15/15 12:38 PM)

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?

Re: Psychedelics as a short cut [Re: Greentality]
    #21277784 - 02/15/15 01:44 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Greentality said:
I like what The Chronic had to say.

Look at your  spiritual journey as a fire...
I think if psychedelics as a (not thee) SPARK to creating a spiritual life. You can catch a glimpse of these higher states, but you cannot build a fire with only a spark. I look at things like yoga/meditation/visualization as the KINDLING to realization (or FIRE). And as Aero said, you cannot cling to experiences that have passed. When you start to understand, you see that one isnt more important that the other. No spark- no fire, no kindling, no fire.

I see alot of people have mindset like "well my trip is over, back to reality." Things can only be integrated NOW. If you perceive things in your life with beginings and endings, you havent used enough kindling. Tend to the fuel often enough and your fire will never go out.

I dont see myself giving up the psychedelic experience, but I do believe that you can keep a fire going forever with just one spark.

^^I hope that metaphor made sense lol

I get it, and I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think that if we were a society with out a psychotic drug war, those wouldn't be points worth making. People don't say "Well, yoga, meditation, drumming, chanting, creating mandalas, et cetera are great to *spark* a spiritual life, but you can't cling to those experiences like they *are* the spiritual experience itself..." and shit, because people know that. They're methods for attaining the experience. Psychedelics are exactly the same as every other method; a method. The distinct focus on psychedelics being just a method is just a reaction to our current world's view on them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate