Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Death? Who's afraid?
    #2127139 - 11/21/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I brought this subject up as one of my first posts. I offended someone though it. I stated that I found it funny that people are afraid of "dying". I also stated that I can't wait until my time here on this rock is over. We have infinity to live, this world is not how it is suppose to be. I feel this "realm" is as close to hell as it gets. Look at the dualism in this world. I know it's all about how you look at something. Someone else may state that this world is closer to heaven that hell. However, due to all the suffereing going on I think it is hell. I said that because I feel death is as natural as life. If someone is afraid to live then they are propbably afraid to die. It offeneded someone. The way I put my original words down was a little uncalled for. I admit my fault. Lets find out how many people here think that no one should be afraid about "death" for it is only another stage in our evolution to "something". Any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: medicinebag]
    #2127143 - 11/21/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Take your meds. Then post.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
    #2127144 - 11/21/03 10:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Not afraid of death, but I am afraid of the pain and sickness leading up to death....

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2127154 - 11/21/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am leary of dying, but I am not afraid of death.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: sirreal]
    #2127156 - 11/21/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am Leary of dying...

Tim, is that you?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: Swami]
    #2127162 - 11/21/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Timothy leery :tongue: 

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (11/21/03 05:36 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2127166 - 11/21/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lets find out how many people here think that no one should be afraid about "death" for it is only another stage in our evolution to "something".

Let's find out how many people here have a survival instinct. That is how many that are afraid to die.

Trust me on this one: you DO NOT want to take the "Swami Fear of Dying Challenge"!

--------------------

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: Sclorch]
    #2127167 - 11/21/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:
Take your meds.  Then post. 

Damn, I forgot to pop 10mg of methadone this morning.  No wonder I feel so wierd.  :lol: 

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2127172 - 11/21/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Lets find out how many people here think that no one should be afraid about "death" for it is only another stage in our evolution to "something".

Let's find out how many people here have a survival instinct. That is how many that are afraid to die.

Trust me on this one: you DO NOT want to take the "Swami Fear of Dying Challenge"!

Does it include dying

--------------------
-----------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2127178 - 11/21/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

All I know is that it includes a 15% discount at Wal-Mart.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #2127180 - 11/21/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Alot of times I find my self scared of what death could imply. Like perhaps we are born into sin with no way out or an implication of our consciousness is being stuck in a stange limbo or void or hell for all eternity after death. Something like that. Theres alot to about the physics of consciousness we have yet to understand.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2127181 - 11/21/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Correct. It is merely a survival emotion. So to overcome that, one must make a realization first. That "death" is not the end.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2127184 - 11/21/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It might - the Swam doesn't bluff. At a minimum it includes lots of uncontrollable shaking, sweating and heart palpitations. Think of Fear Factor without any safety precautions.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: billy cuts]
    #2127187 - 11/21/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'll take death over pain any day

but fuck suicide; this life is a square you gotta fill. If not this way, then some other equally painful way.

Its funny, cuz one of my grandmothers died recently, and everyone at her funeral was bawlin'. All I could do was smile. She was on an oxygen tank the last 2 years of her life! I don't know where she is now, but even nothingness is better than constant pain.

But anyway, I'm not afraid of death. I aint tryin to promote it, though- at least not directly and immeadiately. I want my funeral to be a big fuckin party with free drugs for everyone paid for by life insurance.

I been on this planet for awhile now, and I'm pretty sure my purpose here right now is to tie up a few loose ends from some shit that got started a long time ago. I hope and pray that I don't come back to this particular planet, which I consider the Galactic equivalent of the hillbilly backwoods

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2127201 - 11/21/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
It might - the Swam doesn't bluff. At a minimum it includes lots of uncontrollable shaking, sweating and heart palpitations. Think of Fear Factor without any safety precautions.

That is the part I want to skip. Right to the death, please.

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2127211 - 11/21/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
All I know is that it includes a 15% discount at Wal-Mart.
Peace. 

Count me in then! :tongue: 

--------------------
-----------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2127225 - 11/21/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not scared to die, but I am scared in how my death might affect others

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Death? Who's afraid? [Re: djd586]
    #2127241 - 11/21/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You are not scared to die sitting in front of your computer screen safe in your house. Put yourself on the 110th floor of the WTC on 9/11 where you will either burn or jump and then e-mail me the same statement moments before you decide.

--------------------

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2127263 - 11/21/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Good point. Is this what you are saying? When something unexpected/tragic/frightening happens, "we" disregard "our" beliefs and react on pure instinct. Or is it just because it was sudden and not known about before hand, i.e. you were told months before by a doctor due to illness,etc..Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Edited by medicinebag (11/21/03 11:46 AM)

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2127412 - 11/21/03 12:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

IMO a lot of people use religion to ease their fear of death. If I live good I'll have a beautiful afterlife.

I don't need that nonsense, science is my religion, and I think I don't have to fear death, because I will be able to choose death when I want to.
-long rant comeing up-
This is how I see it. I'm 18 now and the anti-ageing science is starting to speed up. There have been a lot of advance in genetics and medicine which seem to be promising for life-extension.
A recent example is Resveratrol (which you can buy online). It's a chemical found in red wine (grapes) which is supposed to be the reason moderate wine drinking is healthy (french paradox). This chemical in it's pure form and high doses has been shown to increase the life-span of small mammals by as much as 30%. My plan is to start takeing this at 21.
Now this could let me reach the age of 120. The 30% increase is along the entire lifespan, so that means that physically my thirties should last 30% longer, as should my 40s etc.
With a 120 years of science ahead of me, I'm sure there will be way more advances. These advances will boost my lifetime again, and in this time more advance could be made. Untill it reaches a point where you can be in your physical 20s for eternity.

Ofcourse I could still be killed by accidents, but that doesn't matter because they are over in a flash. I would also have to be reasonably rich to pay for all the procedures, but I think I can manage that if I get my engineering degree.
It could also very well be that later in life I really don't want to live to be 400 years, but then I could just kill myself.

Imagine what society could be like if people can decide their own time of death. This society would also require the prosperity of the earth to steadily increase. But I see no reason why that shouldn't happen, considering it has been doing that increasingly faster since industrialisation.

Currently I see my death as a peaceful ending when I'm a few hundred years old. I will arange a farewell party where all my friends gather. I will take a drug that slowly makes me sleepy and when I finally fall asleep I will be dead. This drug should be reversible at any time while I'm still awake.
As for death itself, I see it as just not being there, my mind will cease to stop, so I also couldn't mind the fact that I'm dead. No afterlife or anything.

My back up plan if everything fails, is to buy a shitload of heroin (or another drug that's availible at that point). I'll buy this when my body starts deteriorating fast and I know the end is near. Then I will live in heroin bliss, steadily increasing my dosage untill I die after a few weeks.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom