Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinehybrIdlumm0x
still in thevortex

Question about mushroom coloration...
    #2126462 - 11/20/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This girl that I know can get ounces of good shrooms. I talked to her today and she said that she has purple mushrooms.. Being skepikal(sp?) I asked her to describe the coloration.. **she is employed by the same employer as me so we talk at work.. she says that its a deep purple/blue coloration all the way down the stocks. Wondering if anyone has seen or heard of purpleish shrooms. Thanks in advance.

-HL

--------------------
disconnect and self destruct one bullet a time... whats your hurry, everyone will have his day to die... ~ "The Outsider" - A Perfect Circle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Question about mushroom coloration... [Re: hybrIdlumm0x]
    #2126463 - 11/20/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 06:35 PM)

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2126464 - 11/20/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think there is such thing. Im thinking the shrooms she gets are just really bruised up.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Question about mushroom coloration... [Re: Osker246]
    #2126603 - 11/21/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

spores.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Question about mushroom coloration... [Re: Hanky]
    #2127105 - 11/21/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've eaten psychadelic mushrooms with a lightish purple-blue tint. Dealers sometimes like to damage there fresh msuhrooms so the Bluing will really show when they sell them. For a consumer this would ensure there "magic" credibiilty but according to MJ, bruising a mushroom actually oxidizes---releases the instable psilosin element and in turn become slightly less potent. If you know they are psychadleic, it is better to get ones that arent blue. Blue and purple are very close on the spectrum so it is possible they are just exagerating a bit on the apparent blue bruising unless they are just completely Lying.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Question about mushroom coloration... [Re: orizon]
    #2127320 - 11/21/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

or they're covered in spores

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Question about mushroom coloration... [Re: orizon]
    #2127332 - 11/21/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No psilocybine mushroom turns purple. There are chocolate to purple brown spore deposits ont he caps of some shrooms as seen in the photo posted below but the mushrooms turn blue when the flesh is damged either from oxidation due to human handling or to natural causes such as bugs eating the shrooms , slugs and/or squirrels.

Here are some purple to chocolate brown caps from spore deposits falling on the cap under another cap. I removed a few of the leaves to let you see the difference int he purple to the straw colored cap.

ANd here are two pictures of a new species I discovered in Thailand in 2001 which we are naming Psilocybe violacea. Workman has also cultivated this species which is non-psychoactive but you can see the deep violet-purple spore deposits ont he tops of the caps.

This shroom macroscopically resembles a small tiny P. cube or a small P. coprophila but is twice the heigh of the P. coprophila group.

And dfinally tewo bluing Psilocybe cubesis one with a greenish tinge in the stem, a mixture of the straw color of the hyfgrophanous change in the color when aged and drying which mixes with the blue oxidation caused by human handling or natural damages and the blue and straw yello color make a green tinge. Sometimes they can be a deep sea green color.

and the greenish tinged shroom

And again, the stems do not turn purple and neither do the shrooms. They stain blue or a blue-green.

have a shroomy day

mj

Hm SHould I move this to mushroom pictures or to hunting forum or is the question with pictures acceptable in this forum thread?

mj

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2129055 - 11/22/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

don't buy em!!!!!!! As beautiful as mjshroomers pics are most street shrooms you'll find are usually outdoors that have been handled way to many times. Unless you know where they picked it from then remain skeptical.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: Question about mushroom coloration... [Re: soochi]
    #2130105 - 11/23/03 05:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe they're blue meanies and she's guessing the colour.

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom