Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: afoaf]
    #2139423 - 11/27/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

afoaf writes:

as for the clauses being violated, I'll answer again,
I DON'T KNOW and I don't care. principally, we are
still pursuing nuclear weapons while expecting others
not to.

The US is not "pursuing" nukes, the US already has nukes. Lots of them. Great big ones. I don't know about you, but if there ever comes another time when the US decides to use a nuke against another country (the last time being almost six decades ago) I'd rather it be a 5 kiloton bunkerbuster than a 5 megaton hydrogen bomb.

And while I realize that international treaties mean nothing to you, you should realize that they do have meaning to others -- specifically those countries who sign the treaties.

There's not many places for nations to go for loans, especially
the types of nations trying to get a little love from the IMF and
WB.

And this is the fault of the US how, exactly?

So, unfortunately, the repurcussion you mentioned is
doubly painful as there are not many other 'elsewheres' to
look.

If someone is looking for a loan, and can find only one lender willing to make that loan, and that single lender has conditions attached to the loan, then the choice for the borrower is pretty clear, no? It's not as if these conditions aren't made crystal clear before the loan is finalized. If the money from the loan is judged more valuable than keeping utilities under the thumb of government, then the loan is made.

Everything in life is a trade-off. As the Rolling Stones so eloquently put it, "you can't always get what you want."

Equally ludicrous is
the fact that the conditions that they foist onto these countries
have proven historically disasterous for previous client states of
the IMF and WB, environmentally, economically and socially.

If that is in fact the case (source, please), then it is obviously better for those countries to look for loans elsewhere. If they can't find other lenders, they'll have to do without.

just not sure whey they insist on kick them when they've already
got them over a barrel.

What "kicking" are you talking about? They tie them up, glue a pen in their hand, then guide the hand over the contract and call it a signature?

pinky

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: afoaf]
    #2142316 - 11/28/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So, the Brits are upset that we stepped in an attacked a nation that hadn't attacked us. Interesting. Perhaps they should read what us blokes in America refer to as a "history book", and see that if we hadn't done that a few years back, they'd all be goose-stepping under the svastika. Whiny liberals make me wish that Hitler had won...

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: Xlea321]
    #2142322 - 11/28/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Even the claim Bush is "hated by a majority of Brits" was proved false. The American leader was welcomed by 43 percent of those polled, as opposed to 36 percent who said they would have preferred him to stay away.

What bullshit. This is a classic example of "interpreting" whatever you want from polls. There's a helluva lot of reasons why someone who didn't like Bush wouldn't mind him visiting Britain. Welcoming someone to visit your country certainly doesn't mean you "love" him. I didn't even mind him coming to the country until all those people died in Istanbul. Must be one of the most bloody and expensive re-election photo opportunities in history.

Actually old boy, he was entirely correct. He didn't interpret it incorrectly, nor state that the masses wanted him there. His statement was (as you can read above) "Even the claim Bush is "hated by a majority of Brits" was proved false." He then gave evidence that clearly showed that he wasn't hated by the majority of Brits. How about you show us all where he said that brits "love" bush, the word that you used?

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2142371 - 11/28/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No Johnny, read what the poll question was. Then explain how it relates to "all brits hate bush".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2143983 - 11/29/03 09:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Theodore, can you please post a link to the poll?

--------------------

Offlinemescalinemark
journeyman

Loc: texass
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: ]
    #2144009 - 11/29/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They view bush as the greatest threat to life on earth theyve seen, they didnt necesarily see hitler, that doesnt mean america is as bad as nazi germany yet. Im not quite sure which is scarier nazi germany or america but theyre more similiar than different. unlike nazi germany it seems bush is taking steps to completely destroy the enviroment.At the risk of sounding ignorant, america sucks, they are the only country in the history to have the power to stop all the stupid bullshit thats been going on for hundreds of years, but rather they feed the fire. I used to follow this forum untill i realized that all it is was a bunch people flaming each other. Some of you are prety dillusional and some of you work at big corperations and have golden handcuffs, well theyre still handcuffs. I wish that some of you would actualy argue about issues in a factual manor, i know thats to much to ask of the right wingers but the liberals here dont do it either.  :rolleyes: I actually thought the toppeling of the bush statue was  pretty cool, and even if you did manage to suport your argument that their hate was blind, ha an american calling others blind, it doesnt really matter there are alot of reasons to hate bush, Id say that almost anyone that suports that ape is blind. 

Edited by mescalinemark (11/29/03 09:35 AM)

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: mescalinemark]
    #2144077 - 11/29/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mescalinemark said:
They view bush as the greatest threat to life on earth theyve seen, they didnt necesarily see hitler, that doesnt mean america is as bad as nazi germany yet.

I think that Britian did see Hitler as an enemy. Since london was bombed by hitlers forces, and they participated in removing him from power, I'd just think that maybe the Brits did see Hitelr as an enemy. How does them not seeing hitler have any weight on the "America as bad as nazi germany" issue?
Quote:

Im not quite sure which is scarier nazi germany or america but theyre more similiar than different.

Why don't you ask some Jews, homosexuals, or other minorities?
Quote:

unlike nazi germany it seems bush is taking steps to completely destroy the enviroment.At the risk of sounding ignorant, america sucks, they are the only country in the history to have the power to stop all the stupid bullshit thats been going on for hundreds of years, but rather they feed the fire.

I think that a "what the fuck" is in order here, what "bullshit", how should 'we' stop it, and how are we feeding the fire?
Quote:

I used to follow this forum untill i realized that all it is was a bunch people flaming each other.

If those posts matched these qualitativly, I'm not sure you should be surprised about that.
Quote:

Some of you are prety dillusional and some of you work at big corperations and have golden handcuffs, well theyre still handcuffs.

Uhhuh...
Quote:

I wish that some of you would actualy argue about issues in a factual manor, i know thats to much to ask of the right wingers but the liberals here dont do it either.

Perhaps we should talk about the bullshit thats been going on for hundreds of years, and our ability to stop it, but not narrow down what we are talking about? that soudns rather non-issue like...
Quote:

I actually thought the toppeling of the bush statue was pretty cool, and even if you did manage to suport your argument that their hate was blind, ha an american calling others blind, it doesnt really matter there are alot of reasons to hate bush, Id say that almost anyone that suports that ape is blind.

Brilliant. You are all that is wrong with America.

--------------------

Offlinemescalinemark
journeyman

#2144109 - 11/29/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i am? ok so if me and everyone like me was dead america would be perfect? Im sorry my post was kind of offensive and unfactual cause im drunk and atacking the brits for toppeling a statue when none of you atacked the toppeling of the stupid sudam statue seems stupid. Ya london has seen nazi germany in full efect but the mayor is at only like 53 years old or so i read somewhere, meaning he didnt see the nazis, london has but in the last 50 years america has been the biggest threat and still is to peace. There have been numorous ocasions where the us has had the oportunity to march directly into a safer future and have the world follow but decided not to and gone the other way. In the early nintys bush' dad could have stoped the nuclear programs of most of the key players everyone in the un including some middle eastern countries like saudia arabia agreed but america and isrial(speaking of the war on terror)were the only ones to not sign the treaty. America is the most powerfull country the world has seen, thus they have the ability to change the frameworks and paradigms of structures that have been unsucesfull for years. This really refers to capitalism, if you believe it works than you probably dont agree with me but my family owns very large companys and i see the reprecutions of capitilism everyday, it is not a good economic form especially in the long run. peace

Edited by mescalinemark (11/29/03 10:24 AM)

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2144226 - 11/29/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mescalinemark said:
i am? ok so if me and everyone like me was dead america would be perfect?

Are you a fourth-grader?
Quote:

Im sorry my post was kind of offensive and unfactual cause im drunk and atacking the brits for toppeling a statue when none of you atacked the toppeling of the stupid sudam statue seems stupid.

I assume you mean "saddam", the deposed leader of Iraq, rather than "sudan", a nation in Africa. I couldn't care less if it was staged or not. Bottom line, a dictator that murdered thousands is out of power. Is that a bad thing?
Quote:

Ya london has seen nazi germany in full efect but the mayor is at only like 53 years old or so i read somewhere, meaning he didnt see the nazis, london has but in the last 50 years america has been the biggest threat and still is to peace.

Read: Run on sentance. No American living has seen the "full efect" of slavery, but we seem to still remember the downside of it. I can't even tell what you mean by the last fragment, so I'll leave it be.

Quote:

There have been numorous ocasions where the us has had the oportunity to march directly into a safer future and have the world follow but decided not to and gone the other way.

How about you list the "numerous occasions" where we could have marched to a "safer future"? How about WWI? WWII?

Quote:

In the early nintys bush' dad could have stoped the nuclear programs of most of the key players everyone in the un including some middle eastern countries like saudia arabia agreed but america and isrial(speaking of the war on terror)were the only ones to not sign the treaty.

Uh, is that to say we could have stopped people in the UN from making nuclear weapons, or we could have stopped nations like saudi Arabia, or does it mean nations like america and "isrial"? What referendum are you refering to?
Quote:

America is the most powerfull country the world has seen

Which is the #1 reason that people hate us so much!
Quote:

thus they have the ability to change the frameworks and paradigms of structures that have been unsucesfull for years. This really refers to capitalism, if you believe it works than you probably dont agree with me but my family owns very large companys and i see the reprecutions of capitilism everyday, it is not a good economic form especially in the long run. peace

I strongly doubt that your family owns numerous large companys. However, if they do, your education (well, obviously not, but in theory) could have been paid for with that money. Your parents would pay huge amounts of taxes, and the computer that you are using was bought with money won from a capialist government. How about you go live in some ignorant non-capitalist nation, you'd fit right in.

--------------------

Offlinemescalinemark
journeyman

#2144469 - 11/29/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

my parents/family used to use tax lawyers, but now that bush has imposed all these tax cuts they really dont have to do that anymore.The rich dont pay taxes.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2144591 - 11/29/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The rich dont pay taxes.

Moronic.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2145734 - 11/30/03 01:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Have you ever considered that perhaps real life experience is more valid than all the stats in those neocon pamphlets you skim through?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2146040 - 11/30/03 05:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Have you ever considered that perhaps real life experience is more valid than all the stats in those neocon pamphlets you skim through?

I've never skimmed through one so I don't know. I am going by real life experience and statistics. I've already explained to you that I deal with many low income people. They not only get back all the federal income taxes they pay but receive payments in excess of the amount they initialy pay, ie the "Earned Income Credit" and others.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2146445 - 11/30/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

Alex, you seem like you are somewhat intelligent, but you are so radically liberal that you blind yourself to the truth. The inital statement made by MescalineMark was that the "rich do not pay taxes", which merited the reply from LDS "Bullshit". You can't possibly be contradicting LDS and stating that you belive that hte rich do not pay taxes as well? It's quite obvious that the rich do indeed pay taxes. Maybe not as much as you'd like them to, but they do pay taxes. When you select an extremely radical position, your ego clings to it as your identity, and you fight for it even tho it's entirely illogical. Yea or Nay, do the rich pay ANY amount of taxes whatsoever? If you agree that the entire "rich " population has ever paid any taxes, you should apologize to LDS for contradicting and insulting him.

--------------------

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2146878 - 11/30/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, the so-called rich pay a hell of a lot. My father is in the top 1% earners, and after taxes he only gets about 50 cents of every dollar, which is not much when you work in an area with high living standards. Maybe the super rich are making out, but the people that make 200,000-500,000 are getting screwed.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2147036 - 11/30/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The inital statement made by MescalineMark was that the "rich do not pay taxes",

He made a statement based on his own real-life experience with his parents over the period of the Bush presidency. If you don't like it, tough.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2147062 - 11/30/03 03:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
The inital statement made by MescalineMark was that the "rich do not pay taxes",

He made a statement based on his own real-life experience with his parents over the period of the Bush presidency. If you don't like it, tough.

I'll ask you again, do you belive that the rich pay ANY taxes? That is what you said, don't get mad at me for having the intellectual ability to read what you actually say. Say what you mean, mean what you say. This isn't a psychic process. Since I make a higher-than-average salary (mainly from commission), I know how it feels to pay 40% of my money in taxes. Also, every internet trade I do (stocks) falls under what is called "short term capitol gains tax". This is a 43% tax. If programs are so pro-rich, why are things like stock trading taxed so heavily? Jamira and Mohammed in the Ghetto aren't doing that much trading, me thinks.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2147066 - 11/30/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

Wrong yet again Alpo, he made an obviously false blanket statement.

He didn't say his rich parents don't pay taxes.

--------------------

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: Bush Statue toppled in London [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2147071 - 11/30/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

LDS, Why do intelligent people like ourselves waste our time with liars who lack the ability to read, let alone think?

--------------------

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2147089 - 11/30/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

Since you lack the ability or the courtesy to answer my question of "Do you belive that the rich pay no taxes", how about this, i won't accept it as TOTAL proof that the rich pay no taxes because that is entirely absurd, but how about you find me an instance of a person making more than 750,000$ a year paying ABSOLUTELY no taxes. I'd love to see that, alpo old boy.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom