Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBlueTalon
Effects of Marijuana on the Brain.
    #2126123 - 11/20/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hello. This is something I read online...felt like posting it since it's short...

Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. Researchers have found that THC changes the way in which sensory information gets into and is acted on by the hippocampus. This is a component of the brain's limbic system that is crucial for learning, memory, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivations. Investigations have shown that THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus. In addition, researchers have discovered that learned behaviors, which depend on the hippocampus, also deteriorate.

Effects on the Lungs. These individuals may have daily cough phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, & more frequent chest colds.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: BlueTalon]
    #2126175 - 11/20/03 09:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Whatever.

Smoking pot doesn't suppress nuerons in the hippocampus. I don't think smoking pot has any effect on the... uhmmm... what was I saying...

*cricket cricket*

I think it was something about the part of the brain...

Oh LOL remember that one adam sandler movie where he's all like 'alligators are onory becuz of they're meledusa!' or somethig like that...

heh heh

:stoned: 

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2126181 - 11/20/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Marijuanna has been linked to the reduction and in some cases the elimination of certain cancerous brain tumors in rats.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #2126207 - 11/20/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I certainly don't do drugs because they're good for me!

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: Sheepish]
    #2126249 - 11/20/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Oh my god, an anonymus research proving without any doubt that pot is bad for your health! Now Im quitting! RIght Now !

Well... Perhaps not

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2126289 - 11/20/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Researchers have found that THC changes the way in which sensory information gets into and is acted on by the hippocampus.

Any drug effects the way sensory information is processed.The hippocampus is a major part of the brain and it's well studied.

Quote:

Investigations have shown that THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus.

Every psychoactive drug either speeds up or slows down certain neurons.That's how psychoactive drugs do their magic.
Slowing of the hippocampus by THC and other cannabinoids is temporary and is not necessarily a bad thing (especially if you have an overactive hippocampus.) Other drugs that probably slow the hippocampus are:alcohol,benzodiazepines,barbiturates,DXM,ketamine.

Quote:

Effects on the Lungs. These individuals may have daily cough phlegm, symptoms of chronic bronchitis, & more frequent chest colds.

Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. Just don't burn 20 doobies a day and you probably won't run into any major problems.

Basically,the information you gave me which is often spouted in anti drug literature isn't really untruthful,just somewhat misleading. The information is so general,you really can't ascertain much from it.

If you are truly interested in the physiological effects of marijuana,read the book Marijuana Myths,Marijuana Facts.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offline_I_
Stranger

Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: monoamine]
    #2126482 - 11/20/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hahaha,fucking anti weed nazis. DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!

yes. is true. is very very true.

--------------------
Motherfucker stop reading my sig goddamnit

OfflineoDin
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: _I_]
    #2126495 - 11/20/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ill smoke to that :smile:

thank you..thank you very much (fat elvis voice)

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: oDin]
    #2129288 - 11/22/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

everything hurts you.... so smoke a bowl and forget about it!

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: abhi]
    #2129790 - 11/22/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It does fuck with my lungs though. :frown:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2130059 - 11/23/03 03:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This just in.

A new research done by special ed has proven that marijuana produces euphoric effects and makes people forget about life's problems.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2130089 - 11/23/03 04:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i cant remember what it does...where did i put the bong?

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: Hanky]
    #2130131 - 11/23/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

New research. It does not help you forget, but instead, helps you to deal with problems, without becoming a lunatic. It also relieves stress associated with your dismal reality. Helps us pull out of robot mode, because we all(except you jobless bums) have to work, and fall in line to the tune of monotonous repetitiveness.
As for the lungs, it has been scientifically PROVEN, that the 'tar' from Marihuana does not stick to the aveoli, like the 'tar' from a cigarette does. It is actually absorbed by the blood stream, leaving no residue. The reason cigarette tar sticks, is because of all of the additives. Pot is perfectly SAFE & HEALTHY.......................................................

that's why it is illegal! Fuck, if it caused marriages to crumble, innocents to die in horrible accidents, or made you violent, then it would be perfectly ok to use and abuse.........................like say................alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs, etc.

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: DMJ]
    #2130443 - 11/23/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

that's why it is illegal! Fuck, if it caused marriages to crumble, innocents to die in horrible accidents, or made you violent, then it would be perfectly ok to use and abuse.........................like say................alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs, etc

Because the government stays in business by telling everyone they are solving their problems for them. Marijuanna is a CURE, thus is illegal because..... something happened....wait...hold on...

...hold that shit in man...

...ahhhhhhhhh

...what were we talking about again?

:bong: 

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2130900 - 11/23/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DMJ said:
As for the lungs, it has been scientifically PROVEN, that the 'tar' from Marihuana does not stick to the aveoli, like the 'tar' from a cigarette does. It is actually absorbed by the blood stream, leaving no residue. The reason cigarette tar sticks, is because of all of the additives. Pot is perfectly SAFE & HEALTHY.......................................................

Do you have a source for this? I'd be really interested!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: Twirling]
    #2131424 - 11/23/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"As for the lungs, it has been scientifically PROVEN, that the 'tar' from Marihuana does not stick to the aveoli, like the 'tar' from a cigarette does. It is actually absorbed by the blood stream, leaving no residue. The reason cigarette tar sticks, is because of all of the additives. Pot is perfectly SAFE & HEALTHY....................................................... "

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllshit.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#2131426 - 11/23/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hate to say it man, but I've seen marriages crumble from MDMA. Not saying it's all bad, but it's certainly not as benign as most people think.(i'm not talking about all that neurotoxicity stuff, that's still uncertain, talking about the psychological issues arising from it). But in general, marijuana is quite a good substance as far things go. it's my personal fave :wink: 

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Effects of Marijuana on the Brain. [Re: SuperLazy]
    #2131666 - 11/24/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Note to self: don't get married on X.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale