Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible_tenshi_
Stranger

Peeks of Samadhi
    #439019 - 10/28/01 01:47 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Dear friends of the shroomery:

According to many researchers, psilocibin/psilocin seems to have an effect on the pituatary similar to those experienced through DMT/tryptamine onsets to other worldly states of consciousness. Can it be possible then, that with proper spiritual setting, training in the ability to focus through quiet meditation, understanding the role of subtle energies like what the ancient Indians call Pranayama, the chinese call 'chi', the japanese call 'ki', and the persians called 'rho', and some knowledge of the occult, that one may be able to use the shroom experience to reach what many pilgrams the world history over have sought after... the state of 'enlightenment', 'samadhi', 'nirvana'.. that which has many names but one destination... the elusive at oneness with cosmic everything and dissolution of the ego, and bringing that calm centered awareness back into the daily sober conscious?

Any thoughts/comments are curiously appreciated...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: _tenshi_]
    #439102 - 10/28/01 04:06 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It certainly wouldn't hinder the process!
You have been identified

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
    #439116 - 10/28/01 05:17 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Bingo...

Now go dose yourself and get into some Tarot meditation and tell me what you come up with...

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

Invisible_tenshi_
Stranger

Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: ]
    #439945 - 10/28/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I guess there may not be too many people that are seeking the type of thing that I'm seeking on my path... but I believe that it is possible through thorough devotion and dedication to the spiritual path, that there is a way possible to fully tap into all of one's psi powers including telepathy, telekinesis, total control of universal energy to create miracles and the like. As a serious aspirant with entheogens, psilocibin seems to help one connect to the super-conscious, or god state, and as Level 5 on this site describes, a glimpse of 'satori' or complete ego-dissolution... beyond even the universal matrix itself... could it be possible that whilest we are there... that we can reprogram our own beings and physiologies so that we can re-hardwire our DNA and our etheric bodies to allow for the Jesus/Krishna/Mohammed/Avatar experience, as an example, as a minority group on this planet, for the next step in human evolution... the splintering off of the homo-sapien species to homo-noeticus (or homo-novus) stock?

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
    #440141 - 10/29/01 01:57 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Timothy Leary had much to say about reprogramming with chemicals....have you read anything by him?

Invisiblemr crisper

#441328 - 10/29/01 10:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

heading in the right direction
it seems to be a fast route, and not the safest, sometimes feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
i believe one needs a framework, a matrix, to interpret the experiences and to understand the visions as initiations, as lessons. for me tarot works very nicely but whatever suits you is best.
i think many would agree that a syrian rue/shroom combo is the best way to know thyself. although cant knock the dpt.
i doubt you will develop messiah-like qualities in this lifetime, but you wont waste your time by trying.
dont forget to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way.
regards

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: mr crisper]
    #2126234 - 11/20/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Freeky.

I accidentally hit the wrong button and this thread popped up. We have been thinking about Paramahansa and this happened. Medicinebags' Belive it or Not.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: medicinebag]
    #2126369 - 11/20/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well since this thread appeard, unexpectantly, I must address it.

I have read in Autobiography of a Yogi the accounts of his Teacher Sri Yukteswar, transmitting information without words to him, the disciple. I have also read many accounts about "shamans" in south america doing the exact same thing, during their Ayahuasca cerimonies. DMT resides in the pineal gland. Meditation is a way to cultivate ones "flowers/lotus/" into realeasing DMT/Serotonin/Norepinephrene/Endorphins/ect.. I believe the methodologies of the Eastern meditations were firts discovered via the power plants. I believe it was the Plants who were the first Gurus/teachers. Samadhi is the release of oneself, voluntarily, from the body. I believe DMT is the cause for both accounts. The transmision of information and the release of ones mind/soul/spirt. Anyone else think so?

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
    #2126403 - 11/20/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

the transmission of information FROM....?
  ...the unconscious?
      ...God?
          ...Where did THIS information originate from?
Infinite evolution up? or...expansion out?
God blinding self to death boredom of eternity?
novelty? boredom? novelty? blah? blahblah? blahblahblah?
Interesting synchronies abound. 
:lol: 

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: Elvish]
    #2126466 - 11/20/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I truly do not know where universal information springs. Like the mushrooms of old, "they come forth, from whence we know not". Mazatec.

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
    #2126613 - 11/21/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think some of the drug states basically are the same as many spirtual states, but a drug forces you to go there, it shows you the truth before you are ready, or it shows you lies, and makes you believe they are true, often a lil of both probably. I have experienced what can only be described as kensho or satori experiences both on drugs and through meditation, and i have seen trippier things meditating then i have on any drug. Did i experience a moment of enlightenment? am i enlightened? I honestly have no idea, and i honestly thing that is a good thing. If you proceed with meditation and similar practices then you only go as far as your ready to go. This probably would explain the seeming gap between the ability of a typical ethnogen user and someone who meditates or something, to integrate those experiences more fully into everyday life. Also even in meditation you can experience states of false enlightenment, and such that lead to narcisism and other failings. There are many pitfalls on the path, the reason many do not walk it is probably because it can be scary as hell, and one wrong step can basically ruin you and your life, or even the lives around you. its cliche but "the price of freedom"(in this case from suffering) is "eternal vigilance". The scariest thing is often the truth, and you can never know if your ready for it, until you experience it, and even then it is wise to be skeptical of yourself.
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: ZenGecko]
    #2126739 - 11/21/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What I have found is that psychadelics are a turbo boost. Wherever you are at before you take them, they take you and show you what is ahead. I have found that they give me a taste of what is ahead of me so then I have some idea of what it is that I am working towards, and then I can better work towards it.

It is sort of hard to come from a trip with all sorts of insight and then like instantly use it in your life. When you have an experience like that, it is so different from what you are used to, and your normal state of minds and the thoughts you push around sober have so much more experience and draw a lot of water as far as your mind is concerned.

The best way I have found to work towards higher consciousness, for me at least, is to have these psychadelic experiences and see what is ahead of me, and then slowly take those insights and gradually integrate them into my normal, sober life.

Basically what I have are a lot of related thoughts that I have always been pushing along. After dealing with them for so long, they start to have experiences attached and get feelings wrapped up and they start to develop into something more.

I mean, back sometime I was smoking some pot or something, playing bass guitar and just thinking about things. And some sort of thought, just one thought that I discovered then, it has been pushed around for some time now. It has had additional thoughts and like actual experiences and feelings included and networked to it, and it has made connections to other collections of thoughts.

What happened on my E roll is that all of these collections of thoughts like fell into one pile and instantly started connecting to each other. Everything was developed together and basically formed an entire state of mind. My mind is so much different now, about a week since.

It all starts with one thought. One random thought here and one random thought there. As long as you take an active stance on like forming these thoughts into ideas, collections, and as long as you keep an open mind and don't make too many assumptions, except the big ones that like need to be made for us to know that we are even alive, :grin:, than I'm sure you will do fine.
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2126890 - 11/21/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno if it would be the same on drugs though. a lot of times living in a society that demands a whole lot of attention (not to mention capitalism!!) we forget what acutally is.  how do you know that the experience you had on drugs would be the same while you're sober?  I don't think we could. instead we can use drugs to act (as fireworks said) "a boost" or as PDU has said "a catalyst."  a reminder if you will of what could be. 

I believe we base a lot on judgement.  we make comparisons. how can you know what REAL enlightenment is? the only way is to compare when you're not. here you'd be using judgement and continue the "internal dialogue" which to me is the loss of true clarity in mindset.

you say you're searching to "gain" powers?  why would you want to do that? create miracles?  why?  you want to save something? it's all about perspective, a miracle to you or a "good deed" may only be "good" to you and others, but not everyone.

why reprogram yourself so quickly?  why would you even want to?  why would you want to change now?  I mean we can change, but you're talking about super-natural stuff here. if you want change something without using what you ahve now (powers wise) then why try to change it another way? 

I'm not degrading anything you said, nor am I tyring to put a negative aspect on it, just curious of what you think that's all :smile:   

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: kaiowas]
    #2128573 - 11/21/03 11:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Don't compare it to the same as on drugs. I am stating that I think it is very plausable that it was power plants, like soma, that taught them how to meditate to reach the same places and go beyond. Just a thought I have no articles to back it up. Since plants are older than man, I believe it was the plants that showed man the first steps to a Divinity.

Edit: I didn't have any articles presently to back it up. I have read others works and made the same conclusions. It's a feeling, a feeling that this is true.

Edited by medicinebag (11/23/03 01:53 AM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2128703 - 11/22/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Since plants are older than man, I believe it was the plants that showed man the first steps to a Divinity. "

hmmm quite the, ah, leap there.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: Peeks of Samadhi [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2128705 - 11/22/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ya know?? where's that middle part that shows how the plants shows divinity to human? what would age have to do with it. what certain plants show people divinity? and even if there are these plants, how did people know to ingest them in the first place. what was divinity to them??

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2128724 - 11/22/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What you think I am the only one to think this? I am not the only one that believes that hallucinagenic plants were the cause of mans awakening.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2128725 - 11/22/03 03:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

medicinebag said:
What you think I am the only one to think this?

Alot of people agreed with hitler, is that an acceptable argument for anti-semitism?

no, no it is not.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2128730 - 11/22/03 03:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not saying that, that is neither here nor there.  I just want to see if you can explain why?  you make a statement, explaining your thinking doesn't hurt, does it?  it'll be more educational for you and for me.  the more info the better, right?

even if you aren't the only one, does it make this idea of plant evolution correct or not? however many people who believe has nothing to do with the truth of the belief.  it's says nothing about the validity of your argument. 

I'm not criticising you jsut want to know what you mean that's all :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2128739 - 11/22/03 03:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
Quote:

medicinebag said:
What you think I am the only one to think this?

Alot of people agreed with hitler, is that an acceptable argument for anti-semitism?

no, no it is not.

What the fuck does Hitler have to do with enlightenment? I do not see where you are going on that one.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags