Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWiener
The Jesus

Loc: Portland, OR
tripping after a family trauma
    #2124995 - 11/20/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Does anyone here have any experience with tripping after a family trauma? We had an attempted suicide in a very close member of the family (my brother) recently, and I'm hesitant to take mushies for a while. I know that I should not take them until I feel mentally comfortable doing so, but does anyone have any experiences with this? Like, bad trips, good trips, etc. I also considered that a lower dose trip by myself would help me sort through the emotional trauma I've experienced. Any input is appreciated.

--------------------
Happy Trails!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Wiener]
    #2125008 - 11/20/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: ]
    #2125028 - 11/20/03 12:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Trust your instincts. I bet they tell you not to trip.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: djd586]
    #2125096 - 11/20/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you have doubts about it, I would say not to do it.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: Harbinger]
    #2125317 - 11/20/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When tripping, your emotions are amplified. If you are having issues, these issues will be magnified and seem larger than they are. The trip will probably turn bad and be difficult... which isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes a bad trip can be cleansing, but this isn't for everybody. Only you can decide what to do, but if you decide to trip, I would recommend having a sitter with you, just in case. No sense taking a chance of adding another problem for the family to worry about.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: Seuss]
    #2125463 - 11/20/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

if you dont feel any emotional connection to the event anymore, than you should be safe.

--------------------

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: abhi]
    #2126048 - 11/20/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it depends on whether it affected you or not. I'm guessing it did though since you even took the time to write about it. On the other hand if you were like... meh... wouldn't make a difference if he died or not cause we haven't spoken to or seen eachother in 15 years... well... then you'd probably be good to go. But if your thoughts are constantly being consumed by things like "oh my god my poor brother... and my mom and dad are soo distraught right now... i can't believe all this is happening.. i just wish i could escape right now" or anything along these lines, then I would wait a while. In fact...I would wait a while anyways man. If it were me i'd feel kinda selfish just for thinking about tripping (not trying to say you're being selfish... that's just how I'd feel personally). I'd be consumed by cheering my bro up and making him feel loved... It'd be my mission for weeks to constantly be reminding him that he has plenty of things to live for.

Love thy brother.
-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: Wiener]
    #2126373 - 11/20/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you want to get back in the mush saddle I would suggest a low dose with the purpose of set of seeking answers and discovery. This trip should be for the purpose of coming to terms with the tragedy. definitely low dose in a quiet, respectful, seeking frame of mind. If you go in trying not to think about it you will probably end up not being able to think of anything else and you will be in trouble. Go with the purpose of exploring your feelings about it. Hopefully you will be able to feel it and move on from there. I think it will be a powerful experience so be careful.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineWiener
The Jesus

Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2126467 - 11/20/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

trip should be for the purpose of coming to terms with the tragedy. definitely low dose in a quiet, respectful, seeking frame of mind.

Definitely, that's what I was thinking. Most likely not going to happen, but a 1 to 1.5 gram dose, in a comfortable setting like the couch in my room. The only intent would be to gain an outside perspective in my own mind of the issue at hand, and come to terms with it.

But like I said, that's most likely not going to happen.

--------------------
Happy Trails!

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #2126473 - 11/20/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you are hesitant don't eat them.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2126513 - 11/20/03 11:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Then make sure you have an out in case you need to get away. On the other hand if you are like me you might just decide to deal with whatever comes. Holding your own during a difficult trip under less than desirable settings can be a huge confidence builder once through.

Have you ever been to the edge where you have to decide to either grin and bare it or pop and never come back?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2126568 - 11/21/03 12:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I say go with your gut feeling, if your emotions are very strong right now shrooms may not be a good idea. But if your looking to get over it and heal then they may do the trick, maybe they will make you see the good in what happened i.e. your brother may of attempted suicide but hes still here for a reason. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2127427 - 11/21/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

With only the fact that you created thiis post, id say it would be a good plan to wait till things cool down.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: baraka]
    #2128418 - 11/21/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

As I write this, my mom is in the hospital and the doctors thought they might have amputate her leg. Rest assured that the thought of eating mushrooms would be the last thing on my mind. I kept thinking of what they would do with my mothers leg once it was cut off (now that is a messed up thought for sure). I wouldn't be able to handle that intensified. The up side is that they saved her leg. Now it's time to celebrate with a nice dose of "the boys". I don't think anybody, even if they are extremely strong minded, should eat mushrooms with a heavy bourden. And, I too, am truely sorry about your brother. I hope he comes to grips with whatever problems he is facing.

--------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down.........It happens to me every day in the sewer.
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2128433 - 11/21/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, it depends upon whether you feel like you were somehow responsible for his attempt or not. If not, then you should of course be fine to go live your life. If so, then you need to reconcile yourself. At any rate, be considerate of your family and not add more confusion to the mix. And at any rate, do what will make you the most understanding. Like sometimes a joint used to make me sit back and consider things more. But it also made me a bit out of touch of other people's more common perceptions. What's the real breaks? Understanding too much and then not being understood, or understanding too little and then being too uncaring? It's all a split. Let's just go get a drink and stay cool for now. What say?

--------------------
...or something

Offlinegarbage

#2128461 - 11/21/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiener said:
I'm hesitant to take mushies for a while. I know that I should not take them until I feel mentally comfortable doing so

not to be rude, but wheres the 'duh' key? in the sense that you answered your own question.

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: garbage]
    #2128481 - 11/21/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I would be thankful that the attempt was not a success. I mean I dont think you should celebrate or anything but atleast he did'nt follow through. I have seen so much death in my lifetime and everytime I wished it could have only been a scare. If you find yourself regualarly depressed from this incident I'd say hold off....but if you feel Ok in general than go ahead with a small dose. Sometimes tripping can be an escape from your emotions too rather than intensifying them. I know with me, depressing thoughts are sometimes pushed a few steps back into my consciousness when Im trippin

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: orizon]
    #2128797 - 11/22/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> not to be rude, but wheres the 'duh' key? in the sense that you answered your own question.

Sometimes we need others to tell us what we already know... especially when we have been mentally taxed, such as during a crisis in the family.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineWiener
The Jesus

Re: tripping after a family trauma [Re: Seuss]
    #2141595 - 11/28/03 02:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, last night I took mushrooms again, and had the most amazing night of my life. I was put into another consciousness, and looked at my life and the lives of everybody in the country from many different objective views. Came to many personal revelations and all in all, I'm not sure I will look at life and society the same again.

Thanks for the help, Shroomerites.

--------------------
Happy Trails!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale