Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
When is it a problem?
    #2125163 - 11/20/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, I'm aware that all I can think of is my weight. I am sure everyone at work and my friends hate me for talking about it constantly but I've become obsessed with my weight. I just more weight so now i'm 113 lbs and 5'4. I want to lose more!! I have been thinking about the sacred heart diet. i'm not sure...

i haven't thrown up yet, or gone a day without any food at all - so is it a problem yet? When does it become a problem? All i wanna do is look thinner.

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Delyrium]
    #2125195 - 11/20/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

its only natural to think about it when you're a girl. its okay to want to look and feel good, and lose weight, etc. but when it starts taking over you're life, then its no good. its just like any aspect of life, there comes a point when its not healthy emotionally (and possibly physically) for yourself.

if you are eating healthy and exercising, then you are healthy and you should try not to worry about it (of course easier said than done).

if you arent eating healthy, maybe you are being focused on it for a reason and you need to implement some changes.

theres nothing wrong with wanting to be thin and healthy, but i've seen pics of you and you look good to me. and you're description sounds healthy too. just please dont let it get to the point where it takes over your normal life. dont stop eating, dont throw up. just be healthy, thats the most important thing

good luck hun

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2125390 - 11/20/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Your weight is perfectly fine. If you want to look thinner get off your ass and work for it, don't make your body suffer by starving it of things it needs. The only time you should be concerned with weight is if it's effecting your health. Who gives a fuck what society wants you to look like.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2125438 - 11/20/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

113 lbs and 5'4 is a great weight. I'm 5'4 and 105 lbs. And i think i'm extremely skinny. I would love to weigh what you weigh.

If you are really that concerned about your weight.. you should join a gym. Or join an aerobics class.

I've seen pictures of you as well and you look great the way you are. Maybe the reason why you want to lose more weight is cuz you dont like the way it is proportioned on you. If that's the case, joining a gym would be perfect for you. It will help tone your body and keep you in shape. It doesn't take much to maintain it once you have it.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #2125893 - 11/20/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Quick fix" diets are actually a lot slower than the tried, tested and true diet: three balanced meals per day, and exercise at least 3 times per week (30 minutes *minimum* of cardio, biking, walking, or running, but the latter is obviously faster..).  Try this, if you don't lose any weight, it's for a good reason: you do NOT need to lose weight.  I exercise a lot, and I don't lose weight because I'm at my perfect weight, essentially.  Still, I could eat sticks of butter all day and not gain a pound, just because my body burns so much from it.

You don't need to lose weight though, at all.  I am being completely honest: you aren't too skinny or too fat, you are at a perfect weight/height.  You may even be able to gain a few pounds without any noticeable effect..

Tell you what, I'll stop claiming that I'm ugly, and you stop claiming that you need to lose weight, eh?  Deal? Self perception is a dangerous thing.. :wink:

Edit: All that babble and I didn't even answer your question.. it is a problem, right now, because you think you need to lose more.  You need to stop this, any way you can, because it just isn't true at all.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Edited by CeeEssGee (11/20/03 07:22 PM)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2126665 - 11/21/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

during high school when i was wrestling, weight was a huge issue....there were 4 guys at the start of the season, who were all around the same weight...myself and three others. we were all good, and since there could be only one person at each weight class we had to move around so we could all have a spot on the varsity team.

well, i ended up dropping the most weight out of the 4 of us...during football season i would weigh 195 lbs (a healthy 195 lbs...) by the time of our first wrestling match, about a month and a half after the end of football season, i had dropped to 152, thats roughly a pound a day! not healthy....

anyway, to get to the point, my methods of losing so much weight so fast were not the right ones....i starved myself of both food and water (mostly water, water weight was the quickest and fastest way to lose weight) excersized about 10 hours a day, and landed myself in the hospital due to severe dehydration twice...you would think that after going to the hospital the first time would make me think twice about what i was doing to my body, but it didnt....

i often threw up, used diretics, laxitives...hell one time i was .05 lbs overweight for a match, i punched myself in the nose and bled in a trashcan for a while, so i could make my weight....im not too proud of that one. these practices that started out as a way to make weight for my sport, turned into a full pledged eating disorder in my senior year. i dont really remember how or when it actually happened, but one day i woke up and realized that im just "not right" i thought i looked great, what i saw in the mirror was not what everyone around me saw. when i look back at pictures of me my senior year, i get sick...is that really me? i was at a whopping 140 lbs (from my normal, healthy 195) when i realized that what everyone was telling me was true....i just couldnt believe it, me? with an eating disorder? fuck that! you guys are crazy....

anyway, these things sneak up on you with out you realizing it...kinda like a drug addiction. you worrying about weighing 113 lbs really concerns me...you should not feel the need to go any lower, im sure you look great! if you find youeself looking in the mirror and seeing yourself as fat, at 113 lbs, id say that is a good indication that you may have a problem. the fact that you are willing to accept the possibility of it being a problem is a good sign, cuz once it truley hits you will be in 100% denial....seek some help. talk to a councelor or psyciatrist....there are people trained in helping these types of problems. i never seen one, i was lucky to come out of it on my own, but if you think you may have a problem, take action to fix it now, even if it turns out its not really that big of a deal with you....its better to be safe than sorry. please be careful, you do not need to lose anymore weight! trust me on this....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #2126699 - 11/21/03 03:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/29/05 11:18 PM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2126928 - 11/21/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

its only natural to think about it when you're a girl. its okay to want to look and feel good, and lose weight, etc. but when it starts taking over you're life, then its no good. its just like any aspect of life, there comes a point when its not healthy emotionally (and possibly physically) for yourself.

Im what you might call "fat" (i would say "thick" or maybe "chubby", but we can all agree that im not skinny :smile:). I *never* think about my weight and my b/f likes my body the way it is and so do i. Personally i find that anorexic, no-breasts-no-hips look to be ~repellent~, which was in fact the original intention. It was meant, by corporate feminists, to convey an image of sterility and severity as a rejection of what they considered to be traditional male standards of beauty.

Unfortunately, alot of guys think thats what a woman is supposed to look like, since thats all they see in the corporate media (which is male-dominated; however, corporatism and feminism are highly synergistic). Fortunately, however, there are also alot of guys that dont buy into that crap.

But OTOH, if its really your goal in life to be a corporate feminist stiff, then i wont try to stop you, although i definitely dont reccomend it either.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2126942 - 11/21/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i am not saying i necessarily agree with being that thin or whatev, i'm just saying she shouldnt feel like she is alone out there with weight issues.

its pretty damn common as a woman to be unhappy with you're body. not everyone may have as much confidence as you, you should feel fortunate.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Delyrium]
    #2127840 - 11/21/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Druginduced]
    #2129350 - 11/22/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

O no, don't take any ephedra supplements, please.  It's quite a powerful stimulant and is simply not necessary.  Xibalb had a great idea - fuck that scale, burn it.. give it to goodwill.  Everyone in this thread has said that you are a healthy weight, and I agree.  If anything, more meat on the bone is the way to go 'cause watcha gonna do when ya got no love handles? :stoned:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: geokills]
    #2129383 - 11/22/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Druginduced]
    #2129464 - 11/22/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, well we're getting a bit off topic here - but I have used ephedra.  I used to use supplements with between 5-25mgs of ephederine in the form of a ma huang (sp?) herbal extract.  Even in relatively low doses the drug causes my heart to beat abnormally fast and in normal to high doses it makes me jittery and cracked out.  I only used it my first year in college when I would procrastinate until the last 12 hours before an exam.  Fortunately, I've been able to (barely) start studying a little bit earlier and even if I do need to stay up, fuck that shit :lipsrsealed:

Perhaps the dose for weightloss is low enough that the negative affects are not readily apparent - but I don't encourage anybody to use stimulants, even caffeine.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: geokills]
    #2129822 - 11/22/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ok honestly del if you put on about 10lb you would be lookin FUCKIN BOMB get some junk in that trunk :laugh:

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Dobie]
    #2130332 - 11/23/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Del sweetie your hot. You do not need to lose anymore weight. Actually you need to EAT. I think I remember seeing you say you hadn't eaten anything but some taco bell in like three days....you need to eat real food. You could gain a little weight even, you could come up here and we can gain weight together!!! really your a great size and I know that your active, you dance. The dancing actually is probably a big part of why you want to be thinner....leotards anorexic dancers.....those girls are miserable Del.

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2130524 - 11/23/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What a waste of time and energy.

Are you really that consumed with how you look?

I am not trying to be a smart ass, but can't you see that being this concerned with how you look is just a total waste of the experience of life?

Good luck in dealing with this nonsense.

***EDIT*** I read this after posting it and it comes across as being harsh. I just hate to see someone obsess about something that really has no meaning in the overall experience of life.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (11/23/03 01:07 PM)

InvisibleJaredo
Whurrr.....

#2130639 - 11/23/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If you're asking, then its a problem.
Don't go on a diet, you'll only be hurting yourself. Its not attractive when a girl is thin like a stick, healthy active girls with an appetite for both food and life is where its at. If anyone says otherwise, they are wrong, and can go to hell. Eat good balanced meals, exercise regularly but not excessivly, drink lots of water, and you have nothing to worry about.

I second xibalba's idea of never weighing yourself again, ever. Throw out your scale. Literally take it, and throw it in the trash. You dont need it, a scale is only useful to someone who is fat. Which I can say with most certaintly you are not. I mean, common del. You know you're hot stuff. :wink: 

--------------------
Let circle that which is square, and you shall feel the sharpness of that which is triangular.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Jaredo]
    #2131090 - 11/23/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Did you know that anorexia is a culturally specific disorder. That is it only occurs in western cultures because of the pressures on females to be thin. It has also changed at different points in history - fat was considered to be desirable the middle ages because it was associated wth being rich, and the Marilyn Monroe size 14 was ideal in the 50s. The diet industry is a multi-million dollar industry and because of the impossible to reach model image, and constant advertising bombardments showing thin women encouraging self-model comparison(for the purpose of lowerig our self esteem and buying products to improve it) they make a lot of money. This is the third wave of female oppression - the first being based around sexual expression, the second around being house-proud. And it is not going to stop overnight (unless of couse we stop buying their bullshit and their products). But anyways, I was reading a cosmo magazine and a survey they conducted showed 75% of women are unhappy with their weight. And I mentioned this to a friend and she said "well they read that bluddy magazine" which is true. These women's magazines promote thinness as a way to happiness - you'll get the guys, have self esteem, etc. But did you know that guys like women to be fatter than women think men like them to look. Studies show that when women are shown a series of images and asked which one is a man's ideal, the one chosen is lighter than the one men chose. Men like curves and breasts - and weight in the 'normal [healthy] range'. Whereas women think the ideal is is in the underweight range. The fact that you have posted on this board indicates to me that your situation is a problem for you and that you are unhappy. If your situation is anything like my own past obsessing about weight - it is not a happy situation to be in - in fact is damn oppressing. It is not healthy for your self-esteem. It is also not healthy physically or psychologically. Anorexia has been shown to bring on brain atrophy, ie shrinkage, and is associated with depression. Fat or depressed? In my own situation I chose to be fat though ironically found it easier to control my food intake and maintain a healthy weight when I was not thinking about food all the time. I recommend this web site http://www.dcdoctor.com/dc/ca/backnaction_com/rightpages/dancemed_dietanddancers.html re dancers and dieting. I also know that change is hard, but stick your finger up at society - make sure you you do something you feel comfortable with re. your weight obsession :smile:
Good luck Del.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: enotake2]
    #2131278 - 11/23/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You look Awesome Delyrium, trust me :smile:

OfflinePhoshaman
Litteringannnnddddd?
I'm a teapot

Loc: FLAHHHIDAAA
Re: When is it a problem? [Re: Gus]
    #2138970 - 11/26/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't read any of this thread except for the initial post BUT;

Del you are the ideal type of girl for me (physically) ... I don't know you good enough to say psychologically... but don't sweat on your weight ! You are SO cute!

Seriously... if you were like; "Yo Phoshaman, let's be like, Pholyrium and DelShaman" I would totally be down.

F'real.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale