Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2126877 - 11/21/03 09:53 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

the reason why if there is power in crystals everyone is skeptikal because that is abstract thought and the human brain is very incapable of such an abstract thought that there is some sort of higher energy than we know about, or that there is some energy in a stone. i myself have no experience with crystals but i do understand why noone would beleive it, because it would be unexplainable. maybe there is power in those crystals we don't know about, maybe not. but i definately feel there is much more in our everyday lives than we have a slightest clue about. i wish we could use the rest of our brains.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: bent]
    #2126891 - 11/21/03 10:04 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

you know, same here.  anyone know any sites, I guess I'll start searching as well :smile: I'm so lazy

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: Swami]
    #2126902 - 11/21/03 10:17 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

mayeb physical objects help a person focus and concentrate on a situation. they offer a manifestation of something immaterial?

just a thought, i dont necessarily think it as truth

what makes me not want to use crystals, even if they are "magickal" is that i would worry that use of crystals would weaken one's ability to focus without them. maybe not, but maybe. less confidence is general concentration

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: bent]
    #2126905 - 11/21/03 10:22 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

> the reason why if there is power in crystals everyone is skeptikal because that is abstract thought and the human brain is very incapable of such an abstract thought that there is some sort of higher energy than we know about.

God is a sort of higher energy and therefor an abstract thought. Most Americans believe in god so I don't think that's the "problem" of our brain.

The reason that I'm skeptic is that it can be measured that the crystal has no effect if you put it under your pillow. If you don't tell a group whether they sleep on a crystal or not they will all feel the same, the people who slept on the crystal don't have more energy or something. This disproves the "effect" of the crystal.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2127042 - 11/21/03 12:18 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
that them there's foooooooz gold

"laughs"

Fooooooooz gold, so if that was placed under your pillow you would have a fooooooz dream.

Anonymous

Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: medicinebag]
    #2128327 - 11/21/03 10:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"The reason that I'm skeptic is that it can be measured that the crystal has no effect if you put it under your pillow. If you don't tell a group whether they sleep on a crystal or not they will all feel the same, the people who slept on the crystal don't have more energy or something. This disproves the "effect" of the crystal."

How do you know that? Is it proven in clinical studies?

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: ]
    #2128346 - 11/21/03 10:38 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

if crystals had healing power, than why isnt anyone capitalizing in this?

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2128536 - 11/22/03 01:24 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

People are, where do you think they all got their healing crystals? Out of a mine? No, from a store. I stated earlier the real power stone is dreamt into existence. It is not bought. Money can not buy power, power is earned. Later.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2128784 - 11/22/03 07:23 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If crystal's healing power, or the power it effects on your dreams, is indeed nothing but a placebo effect, or one might say imaginary effect, but, if the person in subject, truly DOES in fact experience a significant difference from when they didn't use any crystals or earthly stones of any sort, then it's obviously not fake, therefore, not "simply imagined". So, my point is...one side, the skeptics, are saying that the stones, in fact are not capable of doing what the other side, the believers, claim to be capable of doing, be it increasing dreamy adventures or healing whatever ails themselves. So with all that in mind, my view is that if the cold reality is, that stones are in fact not capable of such powers and so on, and yet at the same time, many people truly DO experience differences with them...then I must conclude that what it TRULY at work here, rather than the stones themselves...is the power of the MIND. If you believe that the stone will affect you, then you will experience your desired effects, to whatever extent the strength of your belief in conjunction with your mind will allow. But, needless to say, you dont even NEED the stones. Because all it is, is in your Mind. Reality is like a steel rod, you may not be able to break it, but you can bend it and shape it to your own desires, conform it to your mind's willpower. Most people do this naturally without realizing it, but unfortunately much of what we DO program our mind with isn't quite exactly of the best, most power-enabling software, so to speak. Not to say that you can't change it to a lesser or more degree...much of this premise is actually articulately explained in the great book that I highly recommend called  "What to say when you talk to yourself"   

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2129544 - 11/22/03 09:15 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"If you believe that the stone will affect you, then you will experience your desired effects, to whatever extent the strength of your belief in conjunction with your mind will allow."

That's somewhat debateable. Even people who believe 100% that the psychic surgeon removed their tumours generally go on to die. The placebo effect can only carry you so far.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2129548 - 11/22/03 09:17 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"That other matter can not be measured if we cannot percieve it with our five senses."

How do you know that your sense that it's there isn't just a delusion?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: Phluck]
    #2129574 - 11/22/03 09:37 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"The placebo effect can only carry you so far. "

he didn't say it went all the way.

Anonymous

Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2130255 - 11/23/03 11:29 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

See the thing is, with my expierience I did not know what the effects would be when I put the crystal by my pillow. The next morining after I had vivid dreams that I remembered, I decided to research my crystal. I then found out what it does and it did it. So how can this be a PLACEBO effect if I went into it without any prior knowledge of its qualities.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2130261 - 11/23/03 11:37 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

The next morining after I had vivid dreams that I remembered, I decided to research my crystal. I then found out what it does and it did it.

Ah, another believer wants it BOTH ways. Research implies study, data collection and verifiability; yet the believers say it is impossible to test for such paranormal qualities. Now which is it?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2130265 - 11/23/03 11:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

So what was your reason for even putting it under your pillow in the first place, as you said in the first post? Do you normally just put stones under your pillow without any reasons, expectancies? without any apprehensions, aims, ulterior motives, whether consciously or subconsciously? Sounds a bit odd if you ask me.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2130266 - 11/23/03 11:40 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

> So how can this be a PLACEBO effect if I went into it without any prior knowledge of its qualities.

"testimonials, selective thinking, wishful thinking, the Forer effect, sympathetic magic, and communal reinforcement" - http://skepdic.com/crystals.html

Anonymous

Re: Does any one belive in crystals healing power? [Re: Annom]
    #2130620 - 11/23/03 04:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Okay okay so it wasnt under my pillow but it was right next to my bed on my night stand.

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
    #2130670 - 11/23/03 05:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

don't you know that magic only works if you believe it will work?

try some NLP and visualization.

at least thats what a faerie told me.

--------------------
i am another you

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles