Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children?
    #21235491 - 02/06/15 02:30 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children?

Pretty straight forward
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (02/06/15 12:30 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Patlal]
    #21235505 - 02/06/15 02:34 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Sure why not.

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #21235524 - 02/06/15 02:38 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Daycares? Yes.

Public Schools? The public aspect complicates things a bit. I'd like to say yes, but realistically you can't bar kids just because they're parents are iffy about vaccines. Not getting vaccines effects people who don't get them the most. Though some people with vaccines may be exposed due to auto-immune health complications, a majority of people are not at any major risk (except for everyone who is not vaccinated, oh well).

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #21235532 - 02/06/15 02:39 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Oh I missed the public school part. I agree about day cares.

OfflineWebster10
Up like Trump
Male

Loc: Strawberry Fields Flag
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #21235564 - 02/06/15 02:48 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Public school absolutely not. Public school provided daycare absolutely not.

Private daycares yes.

--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

OfflineNotTheDevil
Transhuman

Loc: US Flag
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #21235577 - 02/06/15 02:51 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PatrickKn said:
Daycares? Yes.

Public Schools? The public aspect complicates things a bit. I'd like to say yes, but realistically you can't bar kids just because they're parents are iffy about vaccines. Not getting vaccines effects people who don't get them the most. Though some people with vaccines may be exposed due to auto-immune health complications, a majority of people are not at any major risk (except for everyone who is not vaccinated, oh well).

A child who is not vaccinated is a public health risk. This is because vaccines are not 100 percent effective. The reason they make diseases disappear despite that is because of something called "herd immunity" meaning that while not everyone is safe from the disease, enough are that it becomes very rare. When you have enough ignorant twats who refuse to vaccinate, the diseases come back and will affect the unvaccinated and those for whom the vaccine did not work. This means that by sending unvaccinated kids to school and thus lowering herd immunity you risk killing other students. Parents have no right to take that risk for other people's children.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #21235581 - 02/06/15 02:52 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely.  It's a public health issue.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Edited by badchad (02/06/15 03:12 PM)

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #21235584 - 02/06/15 02:53 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Schools should absolutely not let kids in without proper vaccines.
It is maddening to me that so many people can be so close-minded & put their kids at such risks

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #21235634 - 02/06/15 03:05 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NotTheDevil said:
A child who is not vaccinated is a public health risk. This is because vaccines are not 100 percent effective. The reason they make diseases disappear despite that is because of something called "herd immunity" meaning that while not everyone is safe from the disease, enough are that it becomes very rare. When you have enough ignorant twats who refuse to vaccinate the diseases come back and will affect the unvaccinated and those for whom the vaccine did not work. This means that by sending unvaccinated kids to school and thus lowering herd immunity you risk killing other students. Parents have no right to take that risk for other people's children.

I'm not ignorant of the place vaccines have, their effectiveness or anything else in that realm. I advocate everyone get them, and part of me thinks everyone should be required. Forced vaccinations will not be a thing in my lifetime, and probably shouldn't be for politically correct reasons - we shouldn't keep people out of school because they aren't vaccinated and wont for whatever backwards ass reason. Instead we should keep people in school and educate everyone on just how vaccines work, why they are effective, etc.

There is a risk of a vaccine not working, but it's a minimal one, and usually stems from auto-immune deficiencies or chemo-therapy. I'm not saying to let these people suffer by any means, but I'm trying to keep everything relative here. If all unvaccinated people were required to go to private schools where they indoctrinate more anti-vaccine dildo's, it's not helpful in the grand scheme of things. Fully required vaccines will never be a thing for "religious" reasons (at least that will always be a ground base of their reasoning), whether schools allow it or not.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #21235657 - 02/06/15 03:12 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

why be scared of an unvaccinated kid?  if me and my kids are vaccinated, i could give fuck-all if some other little shit gets mumps.

taht being said, i still voted yes

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #21235685 - 02/06/15 03:20 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

It's Funny to me how people are allowed not to vaccinate their kids for personal or religious reasons
Yet it's basically a stance of ignorance, closed mindedness,
Delusion or absolute insubordination and refusal to listen to reason
To which these folks stand steadfast and wholeheartedly

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Offlinepslyke
fantasmagoric
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: memes] * 1
    #21235709 - 02/06/15 03:25 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Everyone that can get vaccines should. There are certain medical situations that vaccination is not indicated in (people with aids, scids, cancer, young age, etc). These people, through no fault of their own are exposed to undue risk because some people just decide that they don't want to vaccinate their children. The world has significantly reduced and in some cases almost eradicated major communicable threats through widespread vaccination programs. I think people that don't vaccinate their children are tremendously selfish---relying on herd immunity to protect them, while themselves not contributing to the greater public good.

--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante

:kratom:

Edited by pslyke (02/06/15 03:26 PM)

OfflineHellogoodbyedeath

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Patlal]
    #21235745 - 02/06/15 03:35 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Absolutely. Kids are vulnerable as is. We do not need unvaccinated kids endangering their peers.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #21235778 - 02/06/15 03:41 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

can someone tell me if unvaccinated kids are a danger to vaccinated kids?  because i dont' see the bad?  sure, get the measels you little shit.  i was vaccinated - fuck you.

or do vaccines like, wear off and stuff.

hashtag economist, not immunologist

Offliner00tuuu123
Now I'm just really piseed
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there in a minute
Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #21235782 - 02/06/15 03:41 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I voted stal but yes and no yes for things like measles,mumps,rubella and polio. Everything  else no.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#21235785 - 02/06/15 03:42 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Personally, I wouldn't allow unvaccinated kids anywhere there are a numerous amounts of children crowded together. School, daycare, summer camp, etc.

Millions have died before we figured out what to do about it and now that we have figured it out, I'm not going to tolerate people who wants to live 200 years in the past to bring back diseases that we should have eradicated by now. It's a matter of public health and public security.

If you want to your kids to be exposed to the worse disease they can get, send them to the hospital.

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: memes]
    #21235788 - 02/06/15 03:42 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

memes said:
can someone tell me if unvaccinated kids are a danger to vaccinated kids?  because i dont' see the bad?  sure, get the measels you little shit.  i was vaccinated - fuck you.

Why risk it when you can not risk it you know?

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #21235848 - 02/06/15 03:55 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cojo said:
Absolutely. Kids are vulnerable as is. We do not need unvaccinated kids endangering their peers.

vulnerable?

kids are disease carrying vermin, every time a kid in school is sick my
kids decide to bring home what ever the other kids have

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: memes]
    #21235932 - 02/06/15 04:13 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

memes said:

If you are vaccinated, you can still get the disease from somebody who is infected.

If we give the chance for a virus to mutate, our vaccines are worthless.  Unvacc'ed children are walking time bombs.

What it really comes down to is, people think autism is the worse thing that can happen to their kid and have been convinced by the media to believe so.  These parents are forgetting that getting polio or dying of measles's is WAY worse than autism.  IT DOES NOT FUCKING CAUSE AUTISM IN THE FIRST PLACE, which makes all this more degrading for me to call myself human.

If your kid is not vacc'ed, you have pretty much openly called yourself an untrustworthy idiot and should be tossed aside and ignored till you get your shit together.

California is writing up a law as we speak to make this go to public school!  Thank heaven, jesus, satan and the toothfairy.

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you think daycares and schools should be allowed to refuse unvaccinated children? [Re: MikeBearPig]
    #21235939 - 02/06/15 04:15 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Never mind. Just read above.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom