Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Rand Paul on Vaccinations * 1
    #21220805 - 02/03/15 12:16 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Rand Paul Said: I’ve heard of many tragic cases of walking talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines

When asked to give just ONE example, he couldn't because truth is trumped by turgid sycophantic rhetoric when courting voters. But the truth is that serious vaccine side effects are FAR less common than serious complications and death from the organisms vaccines protect against. This is a matter of simple arithmetic glaring out of the statistics.

This theme of choosing emotion over reason when making important decisions reminds me of how Ronald Reagan's administration was influenced by his astrologer who gated some of his national policy decisions on the basis of how the planets aligned, or Sarah Palin seeking blessings from an antisemitic witch-doctor to protect her from sorcery and bring her money, or Mike Huckabee insisting that the Earth is ~8,000 years old and that dinosaurs walked around Manhattan not long ago alongside people who kept the little ones as pets, or Todd Akin stating that a rape victim has biological mechanisms for aborting a rapist's baby as long as it was a "legitimate rape", whatever the fuck that means. Meanwhile, many (all?) of these nutjobs insist that a pregnant woman can't have an abortion because that would harm one fetus; nevermind that not vaccinating children can harm thousands of REAL children.

How can Americans not see that, other than for the violence, the fervent beliefs of batshit crazy muslims who behead children in order to fuck virgins in heaven is little different than a batshit crazy leader insisting that a fake autism "study" falsified by a lying doctor whose medical license was consequently revoked for the fraud merits ANY weight at all in medical policy decisions.

We are doomed. I don't see how this country can prosper going forward with the likes of these drooling morons running the show and no rational critical thinker anywhere in the field to challenge them. Worse is that those among us who would make good leaders IMO (read: the rational ones who have little or no religious/superstitious slant) are understandably uninterested in jumping into the intellectual depravity that is American politics.

This is depressing. Does anyone here see things differently? Tell me why. I'd love to hear it.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: Diploid]
    #21220821 - 02/03/15 12:20 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

The Republicans that are lining up for a try at the White House don't seem very stable at all. I'm talking about Jindal, Huckabee, and (Bob-forbid) Trump.

InvisibleAlgo
Backstrap Fever

Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: Diploid]
    #21220866 - 02/03/15 12:29 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

everyone says dumb stuff from time to time no one is perfect and you will never find one that is. the only option is to find someone who is at least 60% on board with what you believe. I have not found anyone who believes 100% identical to how I do. and of course things that I believe, once somebody throws a cruve ball to me I may reconsider my opinion. by the way all politicians are fucked. here is and example of how the obama care fucked me. I run my own business and dont make alot of money. people say to me oh you have your own business your rich, not the case. i was paying 250.00 for health insurance they passed obama care now my monthly rate increased to 425.00 a month. that 200.00 was the only extra i had left every month. now those cock suckers stole it from me. I dont qualify for assitance because I am right at the cut off. they are all fucked!!!!! Ron Paul was the closet I could relate too and i only agreed with about 65% of what he said. we have an oligarchy here our government is controlled by corporations.

--------------------

Invisiblenaykid
computers.suck
Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: Le_Canard]
    #21220895 - 02/03/15 12:33 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

it seems like his stance is based off the idea that people with weaker immune systems shouldn't be saved and ones who are healthy but vaccines react negatively would become hindered. sort of like, save the majority of the weak, and damage the healthy with man made compounds.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: naykid]
    #21220918 - 02/03/15 12:37 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, there are risks in certain people. But that group is a tiny minority. Vaccines work. When was the last time you heard of someone contracting Polio or Smallpox? A rigorous compulsory vaccination program, practically eliminated Polio and SmallPox is now extinct in the wild.

InvisibleAlgo
Backstrap Fever

#21220929 - 02/03/15 12:39 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

to the post above exactly right. although i refuse to vaccinate for the flu and bs like that. but smallpox fuck yeah polio absolutly why the fuck not.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: Algo]
    #21221072 - 02/03/15 01:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Obama on vaccines

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/obama-vaccines-views-suspicious-114837.html

Quote:

President Barack Obama called the science behind vaccinations “indisputable” on Monday, but he once appeared to call a purported link between autism and vaccines “inconclusive.”

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21221216 - 02/03/15 01:46 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

He's right, you know. The problem with the Flu virus family is that they mutate very readily, often a few times each season and a effective vaccine is hard to pin down. This is why they're saying this years vaccine for it are only about 23%. It's also why they can be quite dangerous.

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #21221223 - 02/03/15 01:49 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard of a lot of people catching measles recently in the US.  For those of you who think measles is benign I have a childhood friend who got measles and they got in his eyes.  he has been blind ever since.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #21221224 - 02/03/15 01:49 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Obama on vaccines

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/obama-vaccines-views-suspicious-114837.html

Quote:

President Barack Obama called the science behind vaccinations “indisputable” on Monday, but he once appeared to call a purported link between autism and vaccines “inconclusive.”

Your article admitted it is intentionally deceiving its readers:
Quote:

It’s not clear whether he was referring to science linking vaccines and autism or science explaining the rise in autism cases in the United States

First of all, if it wasn't clear what Obama was referring to, then why write the headline as if you know?
Secondly, it was actually pretty clear what Obama meant because he was poking fun at someone for thinking there was a link.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21221226 - 02/03/15 01:50 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Le_Canard said:
He's right, you know. The problem with the Flu virus family is that they mutate very readily, often a few times each season and a effective vaccine is hard to pin down. This is why they're saying this years vaccine for it are only about 23%. It's also why they can be quite dangerous.

Agreed with the first part (as does science), but what did you mean "can be quite dangerous"?  The flu, or the vaccine?

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #21221241 - 02/03/15 01:54 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, I meant the flu itself, particularly the elderly and young children. But then again, the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918 would easily strike down healthy young adults too. (I'm kind of a history nerd too, as you might have guessed :grin:)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21221274 - 02/03/15 02:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Obama on vaccines

Quote:

Quote:

It’s not clear whether he was referring to science linking vaccines and autism or science explaining the rise in autism cases in the United States

First of all, if it wasn't clear what Obama was referring to, then why write the headline as if you know?
Secondly, it was actually pretty clear what Obama meant because he was poking fun at someone for thinking there was a link.

He said the science was inconclusive when it was quite conclusive.  As the article makes clear.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21221280 - 02/03/15 02:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I earned my MMR immunity the old fashioned way

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21221445 - 02/03/15 02:41 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

He said the science was inconclusive when it was quite conclusive.  As the article makes clear.

I didn't see that.  Why don't you tell us what the article (or science) tells us about the reason for the rise in autism rates?  :popcorn:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#21221589 - 02/03/15 03:07 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Actually, I have read that research seems to indicate that there is a link between Glyphosate exposure (sold as Roundup) weed killer which is very heavily used and rates of autism. I think there's much more to Autism than we realize.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 3
    #21221613 - 02/03/15 03:11 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Why don't you tell us what the article (or science) tells us about the reason for the rise in autism rates?

Organic food: :yesnod:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

Loc: Kanto Region
    #21221614 - 02/03/15 03:11 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Le_Canard said:
Actually, I have read that research seems to indicate that there is a link between Glyphosate exposure (sold as Roundup) weed killer which is very heavily used and rates of autism. I think there's much more to Autism than we realize.

Do you have a source for that?

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

Edited by BoldAsLove (02/03/15 03:13 PM)

Invisiblenaykid
computers.suck
Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: BoldAsLove]
    #21221631 - 02/03/15 03:13 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

people act like organic food is some new thing, it was the standard for millions of years. there's good reason to want to eat organic foods.

Invisiblenaykid
computers.suck
Re: Rand Paul on Vaccinations [Re: naykid]
    #21221643 - 02/03/15 03:15 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

have you heard that the pain response in infants after circumcision may also make them more prone to be autistic?

http://jrs.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/01/07/0141076814565942.full

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order