Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemishmush
Chronic King
This doesn't seem right...
    #2118124 - 11/17/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so my friend bought a half o of shrooms. He ate about 3 grams at 10:30 or so at night on Monday night. He tripped pretty decent. Next day at about 1 he ate 1.5 grams and he had a crazy trip. Told me everything was spinning and he was seeing blue everywhere. He was convinced he was dying and wanted to go to the hospital.

I thought taking shrooms two consecutive days would be useless? Especially with a low amt like 1.5 grams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: mishmush]
    #2118462 - 11/17/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That is true , the 2nd day you'd have to atleast double the does to feel shit.

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2118543 - 11/17/03 10:24 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Difficult to comment on without more information.

The half oz. your friend picked up could have been comprised of two different mushroom batches - one being much more potent than the other. Perhaps your friend consumed a more common MAOI unknowingly and that had an effect. Perhaps different consumption methods or difference of diet contributed to the stronger effects. Maybe your friend simply broke-through to use salvia-culture terminology.

or perhaps, there's an exception to every rule.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: Xochitl]
    #2118551 - 11/17/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

perhaps you got a freak mushroom that for some reason produced an insanely large amount of indole deriatives. nature is mysterious like that, always keeping us on our toes guessing :wink:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #2118577 - 11/17/03 10:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How did he dose? Does he have an accurate scale or did he 'eyeball' it? Shrooms are notoriously difficult to eyeball due to their heterogeneous nature. He probably ate a much smaller dose the first day and a much bigger dose the second day than he thought.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: Diploid]
    #2118606 - 11/17/03 10:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Taking mushrooms a day later is not a responsible thing to do. That is abuse to your body and your body is your temple and you have to respect the body as well as the shrooms.

Your were burned out and had a subthreshold dose which is not a conmfortable way to be.

Please try not to abuse the shrooms or yourself and you will appreciate them much more. They should be taken at least once a mont, twice is okay but eventually if you continue to take them in that manner you will not get off after awhile as they lose their interesting effects.

mj

Offlineenergy_ball_within
All thatis....Our mind
Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2119157 - 11/18/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Taking mushrooms a day later is not a responsible thing to do. That is abuse to your body and your body is your temple and you have to respect the body as well as the shrooms.

very true.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2119345 - 11/18/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Offlineenergy_ball_within
All thatis....Our mind
Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: ]
    #2119356 - 11/18/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bloodflower6 said:
Quote:

mjshroomer said:
Taking mushrooms a day later is not a responsible thing to do.

They should be taken at least once a mont, twice is okay but eventually if you continue to take them in that manner you will not get off after awhile as they lose their interesting effects.

Do you mean at "most" once a month? Or do you indeed mean take them at "least" once per month?

(This isn't a flame by the way, it's just a question :smile:  )

bf6
:lipsrsealed: 

i think what mj means is if you are going to induldge yourself in mush you shouldnt abuse it and at the most do it once a month if that.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: energy_ball_within]
    #2119377 - 11/18/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2119382 - 11/18/03 09:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ACtually I meant i only do them two or three times a year but I cannot really tell anyone else how they should do them because then that makes me a hypocrit.

basically one could do them every week, but the farther apart the trip is the more higher you will get on the shrooms making it a more rewarding experience if they are spread far anapart from the last time one does them.

mj

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2119395 - 11/18/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
    #2120418 - 11/18/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Honestly, I don't understand how someone could even get the desire to trip the next day. It takes me at least two weeks to mull over my last trip before I feel like takin another one. Then I usually spend another week or two preparing my mind for the next trip and I still feel like I'm kind of rushing things... heheh

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #2120510 - 11/18/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms don't take much out of me and therefore I could take them all of the time if the tolerance issue and my own personnal preferences didn't get in the way.
I do, however, believe that waiting longer periods of time between trips enhances each trip.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinemishmush
Chronic King
Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2120967 - 11/18/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I just thought...maybe it was because the last 1.5 he ate was like the bottom of the bag of his shroom sack. So it was all powder and stuff...Ive heard that the powder is more potent...

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
    #2121258 - 11/18/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I was told that Salvitore Dali drank mushroom tea every day. Could that be true?
In all of my times doing mushrooms, which isn't a real lot of time, I was only tempted to eat them the next day only once and that was because the trip was amazing. As a matter of fact, I was ready to eat them as soon as I started to get back down to earth. Thank heavens I came to my sences. I sat back and for the next month pondered about how great the trip was.

--------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down.........It happens to me every day in the sewer.
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2121266 - 11/18/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

beatlebangboy said:

--------------------

Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Loc: California
Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2121313 - 11/18/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm, I trip about every weekend. I don't feel that I am "abusing" mushrooms because I choose to do them 4 times a month. I know my body, and I know my mind.. If I am not in the right mind set I wont take them, but I usually enjoy dosing 3.5 grams every friday with weed and sometimes alcohol to compliment it.. That's just me..

--------------------
LSD Fiend

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: doop]
    #2121340 - 11/18/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lucky you!!!

--------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down.........It happens to me every day in the sewer.
Ed Norton

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: This doesn't seem right... [Re: doop]
    #2121342 - 11/18/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Man I love shrooms way too much to only do them 2-3 times a year. I usually take half doses every week or so. I couldnt do this with LSD or any other drug for that matter. I dont even regualary smoke pot or drink. I feel like I have my head on straight....but sometimes you can't feel what is hurting you. MJ do you speak of damage from my dosages?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract