Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
OTDers: Get thee to the Underbelly!!!
    #2120811 - 11/18/03 08:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've just noticed that in addition to an entire forum which I didn't really like being gone, a whole bunch of immature, worthless posters that I didn't like are also gone.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I for one wouldn't mind a bit if OTD were gone forever. So far, I've been happy with the results of the experiment, and don't feel infringed upon at all. Its not like I paid to be here or anything. I've still been able to have my philosophical and political conversations unimpeded.

Shit, try to see it from 3D's POV. How would you like it if you set up a classy, intellectual resource to discuss hallucinogenic drugs and related classy intellectual matters, and It got hijacked by a bunch of immature drama queen junkies? This site belongs to the owners and if they feel that it has devolved into something it shouldnt be then thats their call to make, and they have every right to put their foot down.

I really hate to be an apologist for any kind of authority, but I believe in this case it is necessary. This site can be an intellectual community dedicated to the responsible discussion of psychedlics and related topics, or it can be an anarchist free-for-all with no sense of accountability- but I dont think it can successfully be both.

It sucks that some people who post in OTD and also positively contribute to other areas of the site have decided to leave over this, and I truly hope that no one in this cross category abandons the other forums just because OTD is gone. Sure, we've lost a few cool people, but I am almost sure the truly cool will be back. And for every cool person we've lost, we've also lost like 20 lamerz and puppets. Maybe without OTD, we can raise the standards of this place a little. I'm not going to name names, but there are quite a few users who violate rules based on common sense and decency and shouldn't be here.

Anyway, i really think that anyone who loves OTD should just take that shit to TDUB. There's no reason that those who are willing to obey the simple rules of these forums AND like OTD style conversation can't just post both here and there. And the people who aren't willing to obey the rules can stay over there. Use the non-shroom resources for you're inane conversations and pointless drama. The shroom resources are taxed enough as it is. I looked TDUB over today for about 5 minutes, and it gave me a headache, but if thats your thing, well, there it is. Dont let the door smack you in the ass on the way out.

(Since there's so many threads already about how people dont like OTD being gone, I figured I'd start one for people who were happy about it, even if it is only temporary. Sorry if you don't agree- just adding my feedback into the experimental data- and encouraging those who feel similarly to do the same!!)

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: OTDers: Get thee to the Underbelly!!! [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2120920 - 11/18/03 09:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
(Since there's so many threads already about how people dont like OTD being gone, I figured I'd start one for people who were happy about it, even if it is only temporary.  Sorry if you don't agree- just adding my feedback into the experimental data- and encouraging those who feel similarly to do the same!!) 

It's always good to hear from both sides. :smile:

Myself, I'm striving to strike a compromise, and achieve a balance, for the benefit of this entire community. If everyone involved would look within themselves, and find it in their heart and mind, to act in a manner of benefit to this entire community, then we wouldn't have any problems at all. However unlikely that is, it's still my personal hope.

The Administration of this site is listening to everyone's opinions, and we are devising a compromised solution to carry this community forward and upward. Some will not like it, but that's the breaks, and they do not have to stay. We think most will find it a livable situation, and one that benefits this community as a whole. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

Re: OTDers: Get thee to the Underbelly!!! [Re: Papaver]
    #2121038 - 11/18/03 10:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think the compromise is the pub.

--------------------

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #2121054 - 11/18/03 10:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Shit, try to see it from 3D's POV. How would you like it if you set up a classy, intellectual resource to discuss hallucinogenic drugs and related classy intellectual matters, and It got hijacked by a bunch of immature drama queen junkies? This site belongs to the owners and if they feel that it has devolved into something it shouldnt be then thats their call to make, and they have every right to put their foot down.

just so you know 3d did not set up this site
it was here long before he was (and so was OTD)

just some simple facts
no flame

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2121056 - 11/18/03 10:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I like the cut of your jig. However, it is too early to have made a final decision - your argument is very sound and I agree wholeheartedly. T-DUB already has a comparable "OTD" membership, why not just let the OTDness stay out there and keep The Shroomery, The Shroomery? I'm witcha, but I am still keeping my mind open.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

#2121136 - 11/18/03 11:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

Re: OTDers: Get thee to the Underbelly!!! [Re: ]
    #2121169 - 11/18/03 11:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Additional thoughts:

shit man, total anarchy can be fun, but it also includes the possibility of attracting huge raving mobs of ignorant fuckheads that pollute the forum with garbage and bile.

Considering that these forums cover a controversial and tenuously legal topic, some rules should be followed, some standards should be expected of participants. Honestly, I think OTD the way it was justified about every negative drug stereotype in the book. Does anyone honestly think that the authorities and soccor moms and various non-hip people that stumble upon this site are gonna think we're decent, rational people when they see hello.jpg?

--------------------

Anonymous

#2121182 - 11/18/03 11:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: OTDers: Get thee to the Underbelly!!! [Re: Papaver]
    #2121296 - 11/19/03 12:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Administration of this site is listening to everyone's opinions, and we are devising a compromised solution to carry this community forward and upward. Some will not like it, but that's the breaks, and they do not have to stay. We think most will find it a livable situation, and one that benefits this community as a whole.

So the final solution is already in rough draft you say?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: OTDers: Get thee to the Underbelly!!! [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #2121644 - 11/19/03 02:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed, but nothing is set in stone yet.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2121667 - 11/19/03 03:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OTDers: Get thee to the Underbelly!!!

Agreed. Here's the link: http://thedarkunderbelly.com/phpbb/

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2121742 - 11/19/03 04:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"Honestly, I think OTD the way it was justified about every negative drug stereotype in the book."

Maybe that's because those weren't just stereotypes.
There are many even more popular forums on the internet that aren't drug related, and are far more offensive, anyways. (stileproject, somethingawful, etc...)

OTD represents the reality of internet discussion.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback