Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorangejuice
journeyman
gell caps
    #2118531 - 11/17/03 10:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

how long will they last before losing alot of there potency? containing shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: gell caps [Re: orangejuice]
    #2118559 - 11/17/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

are they powdered? how are they stored? how well were they originally dried?

maintain maximum potency by: drying until totally crisp, grinding into a fine powder, packing into veggie-caps (gel caps are animal products - which, in my opinion, do not go well with entheogenic experiences), put into one or two tight ziplock baggies, place into a tight canning jar along with a small amount of dessicant, and store in a dark, cool place (i.e. the crisper in your fridge).

The point is to eliminate oxygen, moisture, heat, and light.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: gell caps [Re: Xochitl]
    #2118566 - 11/17/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Put em in the freezer and they'll keep for years with minimal loss of potency.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: gell caps [Re: Rose]
    #2118652 - 11/17/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Everybody should buy one of those vacuum sealers at WalMart for about one hundred bucks or less. You know the one, like on those infomercials. And then buy two of those cannisters for storing wet stuff. Here's what I do: I take the larger of the 2 cannisters and fill the bottom with Damp Rid. Then I lay the second smaller cannister in there and fill it with the dry shrooms. I cover the bigger one (containing the smaller cannister) and vacuum the air out. Boy, do they last long in there. And talk about potentcey, they are as potent as the day they were dried out. So not only is it good for mushrooms, but you can store your regular food as well. In my book, that's a win,win situation.

-----------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down........It happens to me every day in the sewer."
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: gell caps [Re: Rose]
    #2119317 - 11/18/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I do not suggest putting any shrooms in the freezer. That breaks down the cells of the psilocine and I once lost six frozen pounds of liberty caps while on vacation when the landlord did not pay the electric bill and the electricty was turned off and the shrooms rotted.

When my wife and I came home and opened our freezer , have you ever smelled a dead cow or a dead bear or anything dead, well that was the smell that permeated my home for two weeks after cleaning it out.

Do not freeze any shrooms.

Putting them in baggies and then in the freezer is not freeze drying a shroom.

Freeze drying occurs when shrooms are placed in mason jars with hoses connected to a pump and a cannister which is filled with dry ice and run by a generator which sucks all of the air out of the mushroom. This retains the complete actual original size of the shroom but all of the water has been removed. That is a freeze dried shroom. However it is bulky because of their large size so that is not good for storing them either if you want a lot of bulk material.

I know becuase I have done this years ago at the U of W.

have a shroomy day. Just keep them away from light and heat. And once more, no one saves shrooms long enought to even make dessicant worthy of storing them.

I once had shrooms stored for nine years in the past and I kept them away from light and heat.

Only two or three varieties of shrooms lose heavily in drying if they are not dried correctly. First, P. baeocystis loses two thirds of all potency in regular drying. This is the primarilly a shroom which loses a lot of psilocine in drying.

P. azurescens can lose over half the potency when stored properly within three months.

Copelandia cyanescens can also lose much potency when drying if you cannot dry them in a few days and also if you improperly handle them causing heavy oxidation which is psilocine oxidising as it hits the air from human handling. Oxidation and the bluing is a sign of potency lose, not of high potency, although shrooms which lue exteremely are usually potent species.

Liberty caps and P. cyanescens will hold their potency the most. However, If the shrooms appear dry and are really not dried completely they can lose all theire potency, especially if in platic bags.. I known someone who had 46 kilos of dried P. cyans. They were not completely dried and when he went to get rid of some he found they had all lost their potency and became rubbery in the plastic bags he had placed them into thinking they were completely dried.

This was years ago so I learned a lesson about that. There is a good method for drying shrooms which I have used for thirty years posted at my site in my shroom guide.

I am also creating an Ultimate guide for the shroomery which will have much info in it.

have a shroomy day

mj

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: gell caps [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2120273 - 11/18/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This question is for mjshroomer, so the double cannister concept isn't good in the freezer? You said that they turned bad when the freezer was shut down accidentily, how is my double container idea if the freezer dosn't get turned off? Also, remember that these shrooms are immediatly dried with Damp Rid immediatly after picking and that the air is sucked out of the cannisters and then put in the freezer. Do you suggest I take them out of the freezer? If I do, I hope they also don't start stinking like a decaying horse.
I also think that people should respect your opinions. When it comes to shrooms, you have already given me great advice. You are one of the people who make it a pleasure to come to this site. THANK YOU from everybody that you have taught something, including myself.

-----------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down........It happens to me every day in the sewer."
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: gell caps [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2120552 - 11/18/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Once you dry the shrooms out they are fine to go in the freezer.

I have pretty much the same deal going on except my vacuum containers work on a hand pump basis. I don't put them in the freezer though because they don't stay around that long anyway. They always seem to find their way into my belly.

Realistically you don't even need to put it in the freezer if you have them stored as you stated before. Just keep the container in a cool dark place and they should keep for a long while. I've kept some like that for months once.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineorangejuice
journeyman
Re: gell caps [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2120707 - 11/18/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

thanks shroomers for your insight. i think i am going to put them in the veggie caps and store them in a canning jar. and keep them in my closet.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: gell caps [Re: orangejuice]
    #2120767 - 11/18/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you already have soem in the freezer then do not take them out until you are ready to eat them.

Mj

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: gell caps [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2120954 - 11/18/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah MJ...I wanted to know more about the best drying techs for Copes---meaning minimal potency loss. I know they are the best fresh (as for all) but we can't unfortuantely eat a whole fresh batch every time we come across one. I cool air dry mine for 36 hours, then carefully place in a jar with damp rid for a few days. I then pulverize them into powder and place into caps. Each .3g cap gives me a really good Blue meanie visual buzz. I eat them like droppin acid rather than eating a dose of shrooms. I really enjoy it. They are awesome (best visuals). Am I losing much potency in my method?
Thanks, ORizon

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: gell caps [Re: orizon]
    #2120961 - 11/18/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

orizon said:
Each .3g cap gives me a really good Blue meanie visual buzz. I eat them like droppin acid rather than eating a dose of shrooms. I really enjoy it. They are awesome (best visuals). Am I losing much potency in my method?
Thanks, ORizon

It doesn't sound like it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates