Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHefex78
Stranger
*DELETED*
    #2120469 - 11/18/03 06:33 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Post deleted. Reason for deletion: Confidential.

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 11:16 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: Hefex78]
    #2120639 - 11/18/03 07:30 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

that is a growing sentiment ^_^ its alreardy started

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: jiva]
    #2120830 - 11/18/03 08:41 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

wa7, quit it with the elitism, pal:

"truth will stay waiting in the minds of the enlightened minority."

Let me guess.. you're part of that "enlightened minority?"

"It is most assuredly a stronger breed that is able to dive into the realm of subconscious and survive the pulverizing horrors and beauties such experiences have to offer."

Ah, I see. You've created yourself an identity. You identify yourself with a "stronger breed" kind of like a character in a dungeons and dragons game. Mushrooms are part of that identity, so when you see people not respect the mushrooms, you feel frustration that they don't see that you are a stronger breed for eating mushrooms. They're like "stronger breed? What? *chomp chomp chomp* I just ate 10 grams!" You just don't get the respect you deserve so you come up with crap about how you're smarter than everyone else for pointing out the most obvious flaws in the human race's self-management.

Good for you. I suggest you open your mind to different ways of seeing the world. Mushrooms are an extremely powerful drug, and I'm not impressed that you who claim to be enlightened and respectful of the mushroom have missed that. They serve a wide variety of purposes beyond your silly spiritual application, and one of those purposes is to get people fucked up. Thanks for coming out.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2120896 - 11/18/03 09:18 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

You say the mushroom is a teacher......

Well what happens when one passes the class? Stop mushrooms or "get fucked-up!"

I choose the latter, :wink: although my frequency of mushroom consumption has gone down A LOT since I first started with them several years back.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleHefex78
Stranger
*DELETED* [Re: Strumpling]
    #2120898 - 11/18/03 09:20 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 11:15 AM)

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2120937 - 11/18/03 09:46 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I dont think that it is the government that needs to inform. I think that we will form it ourselves, when we get the courage to do the drug in the first place. I used to use mushrooms to "get fucked up" but I had an epiphany, why?? I don't know why, but I didn't, and then another, and then I started thinking more, and more. and then I started realizing the effect of what mushrooms had on me.

the first hint to me was the giggling. not knowing why and what I was laughing but still was giggling. i knew then that there was no control. etc etc...

bit I first started because I wanted to get fucked up...

btw I don't htink the lessons every stop just an opinion

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: kaiowas]
    #2121080 - 11/18/03 10:53 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

the lessons don't stop.. just repeat

InvisibleHefex78
Stranger
*DELETED* [Re: kaiowas]
    #2121087 - 11/18/03 10:58 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 11:14 AM)

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2121099 - 11/18/03 11:04 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

shrooms just turn it up

InvisibleHefex78
Stranger
*DELETED* [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2121131 - 11/18/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 11:13 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2121272 - 11/19/03 12:11 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I'd agree that mushrooms certainly feel enlightening and possibly have the potential to enlighten.

It feels that way because the experience is so different and profound, yet in 30 years of usage I have not encountered one single soul that discovered that which the mushroom seems to promise; yet I have encountered many burn-outs. Why do you think there are so few "elders" here?

My trips are always amazing, but as to real wisdom and enlightenment from merely ingesting a plant, well... Read the Politics or OTD forums. The mindsets are generally NO DIFFERENT than what you might find on other bulletin boards so what did these trippers learn?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHefex78
Stranger
*DELETED* [Re: Swami]
    #2121456 - 11/19/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 11:11 AM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#2121586 - 11/19/03 02:34 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

I'm not about to tear apart your opinion, but I don't agree with it. I'm content to agree to disagree.

I don't think it's about the mushrooms. I started doing drugs fairly late in life, 19, and only ate mushrooms after I was 22. I'd say there's actually not one thing I can point to that I learned from mushrooms, the thoughts are all to random and fleeting to learn.
I think some people just learn lessons from life. and some people don't.
and I think that for many of the people that learn things from life, drugs become a part of that lesson. or maybe it's not many. and it's not all, there's plenty of people who use drugs and haven't ever learned anything from life.
Aside from that, if there's mushrooms in front of me that are free-like-the-air, I'm going to eat them.. and I'm going to eat them to trip hard, to get fucked up. I'm not a spiritual person, I've never been a spiritual person, religion and spirituality are just something I've never, ever felt, and if I attributed any sort of spirituality to eating mushrooms I'd feel like a phony actor.
There's a lump of nothing to learn in most trips, other than maybe how to ride the trip better. Maybe you'll come to some conclusion that you'll remember that'll change you some how, but I've always found actually reading and dissecting philosophy to be a lot more productive than trying to make sense of anything when you're afraid you might fall into the half-empty cup of soda on the coffee table.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2121626 - 11/19/03 02:50 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

"I'd say there's actually not one thing I can point to that I learned from mushrooms, the thoughts are all to random and fleeting to learn."

That's pretty weird. I know people who say the same thing, though. I find it hard to believe. I think that when someone says they learn things from mushrooms you think they mean something they don't. Or so I gather from this: "the thoughts are all to random and fleeting to learn."

I've never found this impedes my "figuring out" of everything on mushrooms.

OfflineZenGecko
enthusiast
Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2121691 - 11/19/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

In my opinion, nearly everything is ok...in moderation, but in the end things can't be any way other then the way they are. So just be, and let be....if you can.
Sincerely,
That which is, and has no choice but to be

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2121715 - 11/19/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Wa7sum,

I like this thread. This is exactly what I was trying to say in my thread on showing the mushroom respect, but aparently you have a larger vocabulary than I. And the words I chose like abstenace from sex while tripping offended a few and I got my balls busted for my beliefs. There is a small "click" here who like to tear apart anyones beliefs and make jokes for arguments. thats ok. I am sure not everyone is like this here. After talking to a few people I have been told that they are affraid to post all of what they believed for fear of being ridiculed by this "click".

Don't let these guys piss you off. They love tearing apart someones thread and changing your words around. That is some of their goals. I don't care what they think. GOOD THREAD>

Swami,

I told you what the musrhoom can do just the other day. So at least one person in the last 30 years has told you that the mushroom has done exatly what it promised. So after 30 years of tripping and nothing special has happened. HMM> i wonder why. Maybe, its the disrespect you have shown the musrhoom for the last 30 years. And those burnouts you have known over the years just supports Wa7sum's point. The mushroom is not for all that come to visit him. Some can't handle his power. Others can. And for you to consider the foolish kids that posted on OTD to represent the best of mushroom trippers. LOLO> dude they don't represent me. That is his other main point. It's idiots and fools that give psychadelics a bad name. When someone is drunk and tripping and they get caught by the cops with mushrooms on them, that surely doesn't help with the movement. Does it?

Anyone who cares to read:
When someone is suggesting a methodology for tripping. It is only a suggestion. Some take it so seriously as they are offended by their lifestyles. Hey, no one cares about anyone else's lifestyle choices. These are just suggestions. Not commands for anyone to abide by. Just suggestions. Later.

Medicinebag

Edited by medicinebag (11/19/03 03:51 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: medicinebag]
    #2121797 - 11/19/03 04:26 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

And for you to consider the foolish kids that posted on OTD to represent the best of mushroom trippers.

Why do you deliberately falsify another's words? Apparently the mushroom has not taught you integrity and honesty. Maybe it is just poor reading comprehension skills...

--------------------

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting

Loc: The land of The People
Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: Swami]
    #2121822 - 11/19/03 04:41 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

LOLOLOLOLO<

I didn't falsify anything. YOu said it about OTD yourself. Sorry, I am not going to quote it for you. Read your own damn post. Oh swami, Thats all you had to say . I tell you that after 30 years of tripping, nothing special has happened. And all you respond to is what I said about kids on OTD. Looks like your trying to avoid somethin. What is it swami? It makes me wonder your age. When you said you have been tripping for 30 years I don't believe you. If I would have had to guess your age I would have put it at around 30 or so from the posts of yours I have read. later. HOLMES>

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2121841 - 11/19/03 04:52 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Have you read Fear and Loathing is Las Vegas?

If so, what is your take on that book?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Ethics of a Psychedelic America [Re: medicinebag]
    #2121855 - 11/19/03 04:58 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

LOLOLOLOLO< I didn't falsify anything. YOu said it about OTD yourself. Sorry, I am not

Note: MB doesn't like anyone to put a quote then respond. May be there is a reason why.

I'm not going to quote it for you. Read your own damn post.

What was actually said by Swam: Read the Politics or OTD forums. The mindsets are generally NO DIFFERENT than what you might find on other bulletin boards...

How MB Requotes: And for you to consider the foolish kids that posted on OTD to represent the best of mushroom trippers.

This is what you call ethics?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology