Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehasan_i_sabah
Leader of theHashishins

Loc: Alamut
What is the lowest humidity possible
    #2120323 - 11/18/03 05:39 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

I would like to know what the lowest possible humidity is that I would have to maintain to fruit some mushrooms. Could I possibly just raise the humidity every once in a while? The reason for my question is that I would like to create a symbiotic relationship between Cannabis and Psilocybe. From what I have read on this site, the mycelium would benefit from a host plant, and the Cannabis would benefit from having a living mycelium culture in it's soil. Besides that fact, the Psilocybe would be creating CO2 which would make the Cannabis grow faster and bigger, and the Cannabis would be creating Oxygen to help the mycelium grow mushrooms faster. But, above all, I would just really like to see a Cannabis plant with psychedelic mushrooms growing out of the soil underneath it. I can picture it now . . . .

--------------------
What I was having trouble finding is the one thing that should never be missing from religion: the personal experience of God in the here and now. - Clark Heinrich "Magic Mushrooms in Religion and Alchemy"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
Re: What is the lowest humidity possible [Re: hasan_i_sabah]
    #2120360 - 11/18/03 05:51 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

The question is how HIGH can you keep the rh without hurthing the MJ

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
    #2120378 - 11/18/03 05:56 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

If you have a plant that has grown to a decent size you could tie it at the bottom and trim it. Then repot it in a bigger, well cleaned pot. Keep the soil level low in the pot. Line the soil with perlite, then put cakes on top of that, around the base of the plant. You want the perlite to be low enough to give the cakes room to grow though, or you could do mini casings. Then cover the top of the pot with that self sealing saran wrap. That would give you a mini terrarium at the base of the plant. Then you just run a hose into the pot beneath the level where the perlite is and pump water/nutrients into the soil as needed. It wouldn't be the best situation, for either organism, but the two really don't thrive under the same conditions and if you plan to have plants with mushrooms growing out of them you may find only frustration.

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: What is the lowest humidity possible [Re: havatampa]
    #2120384 - 11/18/03 06:00 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Indoors this is going to be tricky because they are very different organisms. Outside you have a better shot, with more space.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlinehasan_i_sabah
Leader of theHashishins

Re: What is the lowest humidity possible [Re: thisone]
    #2124536 - 11/20/03 09:28 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Thanks, I actuallly thought about that, the outside idea. That was the reason for my question, how does the shrooms and mycelium grow outside when it's not 90% humidity all the time? Is there some way I could do what nature does, and raise the humidity like every three days or something?
Also, is there a place to find information on outdoor Psilocybe cultivation, I read Moe's technique in the archive on this site, but that is not very in depth. Thanks.

--------------------
What I was having trouble finding is the one thing that should never be missing from religion: the personal experience of God in the here and now. - Clark Heinrich "Magic Mushrooms in Religion and Alchemy"

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
    #2125009 - 11/20/03 02:10 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

how does the shrooms and mycelium grow outside when it's not 90% humidity all the time?

They get it from moisture in the soil, as long as the ground is not bone dry, they'll get all the moisture they need.

Offlinehasan_i_sabah
Leader of theHashishins

Re: What is the lowest humidity possible [Re: biglo]
    #2125035 - 11/20/03 02:26 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Thank you very much biglo, that is some good news. It seems that my master plan will be able to work well after all for both of the "plants." Havatampa's idea would be implemented, maybe with some changes, but it sounded good in theory. Anyone have any more thoughts about this? Hopefully I will have some crazy pictures in about 4-5 months, and I'll be sure to post them, and especially send the pictures to the people that posted to the question. Thanks guys, my mind is racing a mile-a-minute now.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2125189 - 11/20/03 03:29 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I would like to know what the lowest possible humidity is that I would have to maintain to fruit some mushrooms.

they need very high humidity to form pins, but can fruit at lower humidities. you may get things like splitting on the caps and poor fruiting though.

The reason for my question is that I would like to create a symbiotic relationship between Cannabis and Psilocybe. From what I have read on this site, the mycelium would benefit from a host plant, and the Cannabis would benefit from having a living mycelium culture in it's soil.

where have you read that? it's not sound advice. for one, cubensis does not grow in soil, it grows on manure, straw, or grain. more importantly, if you want to grow good herb, you need a drier climate, not a wetter one... the two organisms do not coexist very well together... the environments they live in are different.

Besides that fact, the Psilocybe would be creating CO2 which would make the Cannabis grow faster and bigger, and the Cannabis would be creating Oxygen to help the mycelium grow mushrooms faster.

mushroom's need for fresh air has more to do with removing CO2 than it does with providing O2. meanwhile, cannabis plants do better with high CO2 levels. again... the two may seem compatible when it comes to gasses involved, but in fact they are not.

these two organisms really wouldn't grow well side-by-side in the same environment. better to keep them seperate... a good environment for cannabis is a bad environment for mushrooms and a good environment for mushrooms is a bad one for cannabis.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation