Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places * 5
    #21200834 - 01/30/15 09:32 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/220645006/the-deadheads-in-prison-project-sendin?

Okay so I started this project this morning - thought it would be good to share here. I'm not prejudiced to only help Deadheads, it's just that this art is Deadhead-specific...

Anyway, below is the listing text from my Etsy page - check it out - if you know someone this may help - please send them a link...

This is envelope art I made for the Grateful Dead's 50th Anniversary shows mail order tickets,I think is a perfect vehicle to spread light to our brothers and sisters serving time for non-violent drug offenses. If you've ever been locked up, or know someone who has- you know that mail call is the highlight of your day- IF your name is called.

So here is the idea- I want to print this envelope out and send it to DeadHeads currently locked up. I am familiar with the rules on mailing into U.S. Prisons, so for now this is for U.S. Deadheads only (but if you contact me - we CAN work something out)

The art on the envelope encodes all 50 years of GD history and I will print out the 3 page write up along with a note to your (OUR) prisoner. So they'll get the whole story. Please do not ruin the surprise by telling them about this! If you'd like I can include your name on the note inside the envelope. I will hand sign each one - so they'll have a little piece of original art - hand signed by the artist - and these envelopes - ARE ONLY FOR PRISONERS - If you try to order and envelope and it does not have a shipping address to a U.S. prison or jail, I will kindly refund your order.

IMPORTANT: SHIPPING ADDRESS MUST BE EXACTLY AS PRISON REQUIRES!
(if you do not know how to address to the prison - give me all the info you have on prison address, location, inmate number - ideally you will have this all in hand, and just put it correctly into the shipping address. THANKS - this is what helps make this possible - you and I working together to get these sent to the right place.

I am doing this through etsy because I know this is the most efficient way for me to keep track of every letter I need to send. Etsy has amazing shipping capabilities on the back end, so it is super easy for me to use and also you can track the status of your envelope as it goes to the prison. Please allow me about a week to print and ship for you.

Cost of the listing covers the Envelope, paper, and printing. Etsy does the 1st class mailing with tracking for $1.83

One Love!!!

Edited by dwpineal (01/30/15 09:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: dwpineal]
    #21202972 - 01/30/15 03:16 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

*sigh*

Why am I not surprised this topic has no responses yet?

Shroomery, I am disappoint....

:nonono:

dw  - i would love to do this but now that Rudd is gone I don't know who I would send to. :sad:

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: yogabunny]
    #21218562 - 02/02/15 09:32 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:
*sigh*

Why am I not surprised this topic has no responses yet?

Shroomery, I am disappoint....

:nonono:

dw  - i would love to do this but now that Rudd is gone I don't know who I would send to. :sad:

Oh, I'm actually shocked- I figured people in here might have thoughts to share...but I guess that's what keeps the world interesting. I'm thankful you don't know anyone to send letters to girl!

But on a good note -I've got a bunch of people I am sending out letters to very soon! I have a print shop making up 200 envelopes and I still need to write a letter to go with it (prob done tomorrow) and get everything printed and mailed.

It's fun to do something like this -  the smiling faces in the future - have no idea right now :smile:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: dwpineal] * 1
    #21219076 - 02/02/15 11:39 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

this is a really awesome idea, i remember when a good friend of mine was in prison, the letters i sent him with pictures of friends, even just printed off of FB, meant the world to him.
Sadly (gladly) i dont have any friends in prison right now

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineMichAnon.ael
Dark Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: dwpineal]
    #21219106 - 02/02/15 11:53 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Op,DWPineal! Great project. Too many people in jail in this country. Plenty, for drugs, which hits close to home on this site. Heaven! I'm hittin a bong right now! Criminilizing drugs, if you understand Mckenna and "stoned ape", we are devolving, through policy, i.e. force. It may not be a popular or easily understood service, it's still a noble cause. Best of luck, OP.

InvisibleMr.PhilCybin
Master Baiter
I'm a teapot

Loc: Gnarnia
Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: ZippoZ]
    #21219109 - 02/02/15 11:54 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is the closest I could come to wishing one of my friends was in prison.

Such a nice way to spend your energy DW

:heart:

--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

Invisiblejboredone
Money-The root of all evil....
 User Gallery

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: Mr.PhilCybin]
    #21219135 - 02/03/15 12:07 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I like the idea but think a regular printer paper sized piece of art would be better than an envelope....:jah:

--------------------
Peace Pot Micro-Dot God Loves You High or Not!!!
In order to grow old and wise, you must once have been young and dumb!

OfflineAcidAstronaut
Stranger

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: jboredone]
    #21223296 - 02/03/15 08:54 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Cool idea.Knew someone who was in jail and got out 1 year or so ago.Might have to find some people to write to,so they have something to look forward to.

--------------------
Ayahuasca recipes

Mescaline Albums

PKD is to acid as H.P.Lovecraft is to shrooms

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: AcidAstronaut]
    #21223309 - 02/03/15 08:57 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I didnt see this thread somehow.  but amazing idea, OP.  truly phenom.  i'm really hoping your envelope gets picked as one of the ones they use as their commemorative tickets

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
    #21223333 - 02/03/15 09:01 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

This is great DW. Awesome way to spread love.

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #21223354 - 02/03/15 09:05 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

nice artwork.  you're a good dude DW :thumbup:

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: Hobozen]
    #21223443 - 02/03/15 09:23 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

i love this idea, but i don't know any prisoners, deadheads or otherwise, other than leonard pickard. i dont know him personally ofc, just of him. sending him good vibes would be cool

is there a list of names or something, or can we send good vibes to a random prisoner who may or may not be a deadhead?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: Adolin]
    #21223861 - 02/03/15 11:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I mailed out an envelope this morning, which was kind of inspired by this thread.

So a few weeks back the dead had their mail order thing, and i printed out an envelope that i used my printer to print a blotter sheet on.

I made another one today, similar design, Jerry Bears on a sheet and mailed it off to my GF as i feel she would like it.

funny story, I googled Greatful Dead Blotter art (large size) and found a good image, turns out it was hosted on the SHROOMERY! small wonderful world we have with this community,.

here it is
link http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17461133
image (looks good on an envelope!)

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: jboredone]
    #21231784 - 02/05/15 05:44 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

jboredone said:
I like the idea but think a regular printer paper sized piece of art would be better than an envelope....:jah:

I am including another piece of art with the envelopes, but I HAVE an envelope art, so I thought it was an appropriate vehicle-maybe not perfect, but fitting :smile:

Thanks everyone!!!
And glad to inspire others- Shroomery is a good inoculation point for good deeds :smile:

Offlinesun_spots
Good boob day
 User Gallery

Loc: Nirvana
    #21231810 - 02/05/15 05:49 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Very cool idea.  I don't know anyone who's locked up, but I think it's awesome that you're doing this.

--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

OfflineShortknight
Male

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: sun_spots]
    #21231960 - 02/05/15 06:15 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Yea this is cool, a nice little reminder it is:peace: Luckily I don't have any friends and jail, but its a really good idea:sunny:

Cheers

--------------------
Did I say it too loud? Big heart? Or a little misleading!:musicnote:

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: sun_spots]
    #21232619 - 02/05/15 08:25 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sun_spots said:
Very cool idea.  I don't know anyone who's locked up, but I think it's awesome that you're doing this.

Yeah if someone else wants to give me an address I'll buy one & send it! Actually would buy two - one from me, one from my boyfriend....

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: yogabunny] * 1
    #21245488 - 02/08/15 08:16 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I've got a ton of addresses (I belong to a Facebook group called Kidz Writing Kidz and there are a bunch of people in there. I actually raged that group tonight and picked about 7 or 8 of 'em- mini miracles :smile:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#21246021 - 02/08/15 10:35 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

how many addresses do you have?
could I just donate a few bucks to have like 10 or 20 envelopes mailed out?

--------------------
PEACE

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: DWPineal's Deadhead's in Prison Project - shining light into the darkest places [Re: ZippoZ]
    #21246035 - 02/08/15 10:38 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

it's a great project dwpineal.  i've been spreadin the word.  thankfully for my friends and their friends, not many people in prison :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder