Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineXingu
Stranger
Loc: NC
Re: Oculus Rift [Re: mndfreeze]
    #21207366 - 01/31/15 03:36 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I want that platform and harness thats being developed so you can 'run' inside your virtual reality setup also.  I cant remember what its called but its bascially like an octogon shape and you wear special boots or slippery pads on y our own shoes, and the bottom of the platform is concave. .

Virtuix Omni I believe...or the Cyberith Virtualizer? I agree, It would be an amazing way to get exercise, and the immersion would be surreal. As far as how much power it takes, I'm not sure it's quite double, but it seems very CPU dependent, especially for more open world games. It does have to render two images, but it's only two 1080x960 images. It's moreso that you basically need 60+fps at all times, ideally 75, for the headtracking to be butter smooth to the point where the image is convincing enough for the world to feel like it has genuine volume. So games that are pushing the limits of high end systems in 2d aren't ideal for the Rift quite yet, although such games like Far Cry 4 scale down well, thankfully.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Oculus Rift [Re: Xingu]
    #21228595 - 02/04/15 10:59 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah the Virtuix Omni is the one I was talking about.  The only thing that sucks about it is the size requirements.  I know I wont want to use it every time I'm gaming and you'd have to dedicate a corner or something to push it out of the way to when storing and not in use.  Not as much of a big deal for people with houses but those of us in apartments will have to give up some room furniture to fit it in. hehe.  Ttoally worth it IMO tho :wink:

I DONT NEED A COUCH I HAVE VIRTUAL REALITY BITCHES.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #21277184 - 02/15/15 11:56 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

My Oculus was delivered a little less than a week ago.

Really impressed by it, perhaps more than I had expected to be.

Games with a direct to Rift setting and native support are pretty awesome.
Games with injectors (old games like Skyrim without built in support need an Injector to run in 3D) look quite good.

Skyrim kills my computer to run on the Oculus so I had to start modding it to lighten the graphics load.
Normally run it on maxed out settings with mods to improve it further on my monitor, but fire it up in the dual screens and I can't get the FPS needed.  Had to set it all down to low.

If you are having problems with Skyrim maintaining the needed 75 FPS / having motion sickness from low FPS in Skyrim perhaps give this mod a try:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10789/?
The Oculus has trouble with the Vanilla shadows anyway, so this mod is a good option to lighten system load without really sacrificing anything since the injector manuals suggest turning shadows off.

Currently using Vireio injector, but looking at getting VorpX because they offer support for Oblivion and Morrowind; think that both games will be spectacular in the Rift due to running more smoothly than Skyrim, and the colours of the world lending themselves to a VR experience -- VorpX apparently also supports Elder Scrolls Online which will be a plus for me.

Really looking forward to seeing more work with the Daggerfall Tools for Unity project; with Oculus support, Daggerfall is a game I would love revisiting in the Rift.

The Rift does some even more impressive things with the games that are made for it though.

Blaze Rush is kind of a simplistic Death Race game that is on the cheap on Steam, if you can catch it on sale I highly suggest checking it out; the native Rift support is super cool and having cars blow up on the track and send debris flying into my face is quite an experience that makes the game loads more interesting to experience.

Dreadhalls really captures the magic of the Rift to me though.
Love horror games, but Dreadhalls creeps me out in a profound new way.  Seeing it run on a monitor is like watching an old Doom-era FPS or something; however, putting on the Oculus suddenly has me shitting my pants in a dungeon that I'm not sure I'm brave enough to escape.
The Rift has a lot of potential, but feel like Horror is the genre where it is going to really shine for gaming. 

Wish there was more games natively supporting the Rift, but the Injectors are nice in the meanwhile.
Might get myself a new computer this summer to run GTA 5 in the Rift even if it is Injector-only.

Edited by Tantrika (02/15/15 01:34 PM)

Offlinehayabuser

Re: Oculus Rift [Re: Tantrika]
    #21281247 - 02/16/15 05:40 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone here tried the occulus while tripping on a dissociative? Id imagine that to be the ultimate gaming experience cause dissos have their way to let you get sucked in by media of any kind.

--------------------
Everything I post is (science)fiction.:yoda:

OfflineXingu
Stranger
Re: Oculus Rift [Re: hayabuser]
    #21287437 - 02/17/15 11:12 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

SweetLeaf, if you liked Dreadhalls, check out The Doors of Silence. I played it after vaping a bowl plus maybe a beer, and holy shit. It's an Unreal 4 game and the new engine is VERY apparent. Water and lighting effects are stunning to the point where it creates very high immersion. I sat for a few minutes in the tunnel, with light down the hall reflecting off water below me and off the tile walls, simply blown away by the photorealistic detail. Full UE4 titles are going to be beautiful on the Rift.

I agree with you on Oblivion and Morrowind. Plus Oblivion can be modded to look similar to Skyrim, though likely with better performance. Remember to increase digital vibrance in Nvidia control panel for more saturated colors in any Elder Scrolls game (imo). I'll have to try that Skyrim mod.

I also just downloaded the Nordchleife Nurburgring track  for Assetto Corsa recently, 12 miles of turns and crazy straights, which I did in a Ferrari mini-formula car. Incredibly good, I can't imagine how it will be with a steering wheel setup and higher resolution for better long distance clarity.

Edited by Xingu (02/17/15 11:13 AM)

OfflinepsyWolf
Wildling
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Cold
    #21294720 - 02/18/15 05:21 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Can't wait to upgrade my almost 6 year old system (core2) to X99 and add a Radeon 300 series. Should be plenty for Oculus and 3d i hope, now I only have to wait till they launch the stuff...

Tried the DK1, and can't wait for it to become more mature. The Crescent Bay set demoed looked very decent tho!

OfflineQuakeNShroomies
Male User Gallery

Loc: Arizona
Re: Oculus Rift [Re: psyWolf]
    #21299413 - 02/19/15 02:44 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Not yet but I really want to get one when they come out officially. Looks so fun.
Wanting to play some Brutal Doom and other FPSes on it.  :minigun:

LSD Dream Emulator is getting a remake as well, but I'm sure my plans for that already explain themself.  :wink:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Oculus Rift [Re: QuakeNShroomies]
    #21301774 - 02/19/15 11:41 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Dammit Samadhi I r so jelluhz.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #21317425 - 02/23/15 12:17 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Dammit Samadhi I r so jelluhz.

:lol:

Kept holding out for the CV1, then finally caved for the DK2 instead.
Figure if most of the winter is going to involve me being too seized up and sore to get up and do much else, that falling into a different reality for a while would be worth it.

Have not been disappointed in the least.

Started playing Oblivion again recently, after getting my hands on VorpX.  After using the Oculus, trying to play on the monitor again suddenly feels entirely unfulfilling. 
It even seems to look better in the Rift than it does on the monitor; possibly because everything has more definition to it by being a 3D object.
NPCs look great due to their faces having depth to the features rather than being flat.  Running through the grass, trees and rocks out in the wilderness is super cool because it actually feels like they are moving past me and have a relative position to me.
Only downside was having to program a macro to bring up the console menu and type "fov 120" and hit enter to fix the field of view after conversations with NPCs.  Tried changing the default field of view in the .ini file but it resulted in being unable to properly click menu options, making the macro (or manually typing each time) the only option.

Really want to fire up Morrowind, but concerned that reading in the Rift is going to be problematic.  Should be able to manage it with the freelook key in VorpX though; text can be perfectly readable in the Rift but it has to be pretty much centered in front of the face to be clear.

OfflineXingu
Stranger
    #21321489 - 02/24/15 07:34 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SweetLeafSamadhi said:
Figure if most of the winter is going to involve me being too seized up and sore to get up and do much else, that falling into a different reality for a while would be worth it.

Started playing Oblivion again recently, after getting my hands on VorpX.  After using the Oculus, trying to play on the monitor again suddenly feels entirely unfulfilling. 
It even seems to look better in the Rift than it does on the monitor; possibly because everything has more definition to it by being a 3D object.

Haha, same on being a failed holdout for the CV1. I've realized after getting it that my technoreclusion has probably saved me nearly as much money as I've spent on it. I've spent less on alcohol and weed, have mostly cooked at home, and haven't gone out too much this winter.

I really need to get Oblivion now and mod it. Can very much relate to not wanting as much to play 2d anymore, though I've played  Skyrim some. I'll even say that I'm actually gaming less now that I have the Oculus, but the time I spend gaming is more fulfilling and seems to last longer.

Still lately have been using it to race Nurburgring...Assetto Corsa is a stunning execution of VR. Highly recommended to anyone into racing games. The immersion with an actual racing wheel would be mindblowing. I won't even talk about incorporating something like this:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #21322694 - 02/24/15 01:11 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Xingu said:
Quote:

SweetLeafSamadhi said:

Haha, same on being a failed holdout for the CV1. I've realized after getting it that my technoreclusion has probably saved me nearly as much money as I've spent on it. I've spent less on alcohol and weed, have mostly cooked at home, and haven't gone out too much this winter.

I really need to get Oblivion now and mod it. Can very much relate to not wanting as much to play 2d anymore, though I've played  Skyrim some. I'll even say that I'm actually gaming less now that I have the Oculus, but the time I spend gaming is more fulfilling and seems to last longer.

Still lately have been using it to race Nurburgring...Assetto Corsa is a stunning execution of VR. Highly recommended to anyone into racing games. The immersion with an actual racing wheel would be mindblowing. I won't even talk about incorporating something like this:

That setup + the Rift would be pretty damn mindblowing.

Can agree that the Rift does racing games and driving sims really well for immersion; they are one of the genres where sitting down feels really natural.
For me though, kind of got out of more realistic drivers a few years ago; want to see more progress on VR Karts, or have Nintendo pump out a first person Oculus-supported Mario Kart.
Do not have a racing wheel anymore, but have been thinking of digging out my old Flight Stick and Throttle and getting a hold of Elite: Dangerous to zip around in space.  Something like that, or a good Mech Warrior style game, would really entice me.  Waiting patiently on Star Citizen for similar reasons.

Am excited to see continued progress in terms of VR gaming as it keeps catching on with more and more people.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21331279 - 02/26/15 01:14 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe get some games that have controller support and bust out the 360 on PC controller.  I know skyrim can support it pretty well since they designed teh game with a controller in mind, oblivion probably not as well but I did play it on my 360 so shouldnt be to hard to keybind right.

Or is the FOV issue where you cant even see the options at all so a controller to select wouldnt help?

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #21332707 - 02/26/15 11:55 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Maybe get some games that have controller support and bust out the 360 on PC controller.  I know skyrim can support it pretty well since they designed teh game with a controller in mind, oblivion probably not as well but I did play it on my 360 so shouldnt be to hard to keybind right.

Or is the FOV issue where you cant even see the options at all so a controller to select wouldnt help?

That's a solid idea; already use the 360 controller for Skyrim, but should be able to find an Xpadder profile for Oblivion easily enough.

The issue is that changing the FOV (from 75 default to 120) changes where the menus sit on the screen, without changing where the mouse has to click to use them.  It means having to click randomly in the air to try and land on the default location of the option -- the 360 controller should sort that out easy.

Also managed to find a FOV mod that automatically swaps it back to 120 after conversations and menus, so that's a plus because it runs the menus in the default FOV then swaps them unnoticably when I tab back out.  It has been a good work-around, but getting the controller set up for in game would make the whole experience more comfortable anyway since I could just sit back and sink into my chair.

Combined that with a HUD mod to move my Health and Resource bars from the bottom left corner to the Skyrim positions (it even lets me set it up to use Skyrim style bars and fade options) for enhanced visibility during combat.

So glad the Elder Scrolls games have a solid modding community.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #21820654 - 06/17/15 08:18 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Oculus presentation this year at E3 was a big deal that somehow zipped right past me.

Xbox one integration
Windows 10 integration
Launch titles lined up
Headset and controls improved and nailed down

Q1 2016 looks promising; will definitely buy the first consumer model when it launches.

OfflineXingu
Stranger
    #22228738 - 09/12/15 07:44 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Bumping this thread.

I've logged some hours in my Oculus. No upgrades to my rig yet, though I'm saving for a processor in the next few months, and maybe a 970 early next year.

I had the pleasure of strapping a lady friend in a UE4 rollercoaster and laughed my ass off as I recorded her screaming and slightly losing her shit, then laughing so hard she snorted.

Unreal 4 is breathtaking in this thing. 4k VR with anything running that engine or Unity 5, using native support, will be incredible. As in, that point where it looks better than real life unless you have well above 20/20 vision, with the same feeling of a sense of volume, continuity, and detail as you have in the real world with the FOV of having a pair of glasses on. It's not quite to that point of perfection with 1080p, but it's startlingly close, and you can tell those two graphics engines and the headtracking precision are very capable of taking it to that level. I'm really hoping future Bethesda games (Fallout 4, Elder Scrolls 6) have native support as well, as even just exploring open worlds in VR is a pretty profound and enjoyable experience.

CV1 I think will be 2160p? The presumption is that either CV2/3 and similar generation HMDs will be 4k. Using current development rates, that'll probably be late 2016.

Edit: 2160p isn't what I meant to put above, CV1 is a little over 2k for the horizontal pixels. Not even 1440p I don't think.

I've tried Dirt Rally with it. It has native support and in my initial setup of it, it ran surprisingly well without tweaks. I honestly don't have the power necessary to run it with the settings above low, which doesn't really do the game justice. Looks very promising though, especially if paired with a gaming wheel.

Edited by Xingu (09/19/15 10:21 PM)

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #22229138 - 09/12/15 09:34 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

*drool*

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals