Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoJoCaBRitO
the sheep
Loc: in a farm
Re: New TEK? [Re: havatampa]
    #2154866 - 12/03/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You should have taken pictures before harvest... its hard to tell just by the fruits because of bruising. How did the jar look/smell before casing? How did the casing look?

--------------------
"Four legs good, two legs bad!"

Edited by RoJoCaBRitO (12/03/03 11:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
Re: New TEK? [Re: RoJoCaBRitO]
    #2155225 - 12/03/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I was joking.

People said it wouldn't work. But it did. There was no contamination.

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Offlineshaftinmp
Master ofDisguise

Loc: Dark of the Sun
    #2155242 - 12/03/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

thats amazing! congrats on this new tek!

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: New TEK? [Re: shaftinmp]
    #2155267 - 12/03/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks Shaft.  I'm sure someone else has thought of it and tried it before, but I thought I'd share since its a good way to save money.  Even if there are contams, you lose next to nothing.  Peace.  :smile:

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
    #2155801 - 12/03/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Way to be man! Glad it worked out for you - whether it was luck or not, all that matters is that u tried... And the results speak for themselves. :thumbup:

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Offlineschorts
a lot more and alittle less.

Loc: (roughly) portland, OR
Re: New TEK? [Re: daywalker]
    #2155950 - 12/03/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

what about placing the BRF and verm (dry) mixed together in jars and PCing them, and then adding the water via syringe (a large one, and accurately, granted) as in the standard pf method? the idea sounsds like an improvement on the orriginal, allowing less open air time. my only concern is the water vapor that would enter the cake during PC'ing, thus obviously changing the water ratios.

ooh... idea brewing... hmmm... how bout this:

cover the PF jar lid (polyfill + syring holes) with aluminum foil and then put the ring on.. the jar will be sealed, but none/very little moisture should enter.. then you can just rip away the foil lid when you take it out of the PC and innoculate from there, probibly using one of those big 'flavor injectors' you can get at grocery stores, or a REALLY big standard syringe =)

now of course the only advantage for doing it this way is the faster spawn run time + utilizing dunk water. my last batch, I dunked in-vitro with karo and sucked out the extra water via a syringe... in this way I was able to make 2 jars innoculate 25+ more. my only downside was that one of the jars seemed to have very poor quality mycelium, aka NOT dikaryotic.(sp) fortunately, most regionsstarted healthy growth after about a week and a half, and are close to 100% at 3 weeks. frankly, im still holding off my other jars because i'm yet to get any poo to spawn them to, so the slow growth dosen't terribly bother me.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: New TEK! [Re: havatampa]
    #2155954 - 12/03/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting method and one that doesn't follow the conventions. Good to hear it worked. :smile:

One thing all people should bear in mind is that where they are (i.e. contam loads) is not the call for everyone else. It's now summer in the SH and what I could do openly in the winter can't be done now.

So, it appears cutting corners are seasonal based.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
Re: New TEK? [Re: schorts]
    #2156089 - 12/03/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

schorts said:
what about placing the BRF and verm (dry) mixed together in jars and PCing them, and then adding the water via syringe (a large one, and accurately, granted) as in the standard pf method? the idea sounsds like an improvement on the orriginal, allowing less open air time. my only concern is the water vapor that would enter the cake during PC'ing, thus obviously changing the water ratios.....~

Not sure if that would work... The dry verm/brf. There would need to be some moisture so the flour can stick to the verm. Likely to be a "layer cake" in the jar. Layer of flour then a big layer of verm.

Additionally, inoc~ing the jars after pcing wouldn't allow for even moisture distribution. If you shook it... Maybe, but doubt it.

Try it out and let us know! :laugh:

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: New TEK? [Re: daywalker]
    #2156332 - 12/03/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Like I said, I posted about this around a month ago.

I got my first flush from the jars that were inoculated with dunk water about a week ago. This works as long as you're sterile. And good job putting into an easy to read Tek.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

#2156381 - 12/03/03 07:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Nice job... I think you are correct.  If you have a sterile environemnt the mycelium can overcome any contaminant before it gets a foothold... try it again and post the results :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: New TEK? [Re: MycoCat]
    #2156414 - 12/03/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't advice anyone spending too much money trying this procedure as it has many random flaws. Try it as an experiment.
Even if possible, it's pure luck. PF Tek works because it can be repeated several times with a good rate of success. This is done because it uses an objective method and that's how science works, so your pocket, time and patience should work.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: New TEK? [Re: MAIA]
    #2157685 - 12/04/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"I don't advice anyone spending too much money trying this procedure"

Well, considering that you spend next to nothing in terms of time and money, I don't see how it's that big of a deal to begin with. I definitely advocate the traditional PF Tek procedure, but if you have extra jars and some extra BRF, using this Tek really won't hurt anything.

Let's just say you use this Tek to "innoculate" ten jars. Since, as so many people keep saying, this is such a contam-prone procedure, we'll estimate that you will lose 7 of your jars. That means you lose 1 and 3/4 cup of good BRF, a little bit of verm, and....oh, well I guess that's all you would lose, isn't it?

If those remaining three jars went on to fruit, as mine did, you stand to gain about 15 or more dried grams of shrooms using zero new syringes and spending zero time on agar/karo. Let's just say the BRF for the ten jars amounts to 2 1/2 cups total and the new verm you need amounts to 5 cups. I estimate the total cost for those ingredients to be about $5. Therefore, you could gain 15 dried grams (if the contam rate was a whopping 70%, which I think is an overestimate to begin with) for only $5. That's @ $1.25 for an eighth of shrooms. IMO, $1.25 for an eighth of shrooms is not at all a waste of money.

Again, the PF Tek works for a reason. This method is not an attempt to replace the PF Tek, simply to utilize the by-products of the dunk and roll method. You can disregard my results if you want, I will try another experiment soon with a larger number of jars to see if it was just "luck" after all. Thanks for the encouragement and good luck to those who try it themselves.

Peace.

--------------------

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

#2157700 - 12/04/03 08:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

P.S. Starter, I totally agree with you about the contam risk being higher depending on where you live and what season it is.  I live somewhere with lots of alligators and it's been pretty hot and muggy lately.  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2160914 - 12/05/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Read my post again with more attention. I do encourage people to make experiments, in fact my attitude regarding my post was exactly that one besides the advice given.
If you can't stand some criticism on your procedure, then that's your problem. My post wasn't directed to you or anyone in particular, is just an advice based on the fact that this method has some serious sterility flaws.

"IMO, $1.25 for an eighth of shrooms is not at all a waste of money. "

What about 1.25 and you get nothing ? I don't get your logic, of course you'll be spending almost the same amount of money but the problem is, you have a much smaller rate of success due to those flaws and you'll have more probabilities that your investment will go down the drain, get it ?
I don't care if you can't accept this fact but i find it very important, it's even more important if you consider that this forum is browsed by many newbies which could waste money if they don't consider this an experiment. Unless you and many others prove it can be done with a good rate of success, this is not a TEK, period.
Don't you think i should be responsible for giving advice on this matter ?

Btw, next time don't forget to add the electricity consumption to the investment, make some calculations and you'll be amazed how much more one can spend with a month with a working incubator and terrarium. Talking about this season, it also brings cold and more power consumption.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: New TEK? [Re: MAIA]
    #2161122 - 12/05/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

it's even more important if you consider that this forum is browsed by many newbies which could waste money

Not to mention time....

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: New TEK? [Re: micro]
    #2161488 - 12/05/03 12:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Attention Newbies: Do not try this crazy experiment. Stick to the PF Tek forever.

Attention Naysayers: I have a plate full of reasons why I could care less what you say, I think I posted it earlier.

I know its unsterile and totally unacceptable. My point is, if you have extra space/time/and don't consider the HUGE costs (you're right, I forgot about the electricity, I should probably calculate the rent I pay and the food I eat to give me energy to do this as well) a problem, I can tell you it is possible to grow shrooms using mostly by-products. No, this has not been tested sufficiently. No, I don't have thousands of posts to speak to my credibility. No, no one should listen to anything I say. No, I did not get a bunch of shrooms using this non-tek. Oh wait, yes I did.

--------------------

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

#2161491 - 12/05/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2161577 - 12/05/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm goin with Havatampa on this one, this is a very effective tek in alot of ways, and look at all the shrooms he got within 2 weeks, and it's cheap, nobody will care if they lose 5$, that's the fun, just make sure it's sterile. If you lose you lose 5$ if you win you win 15 dried grams, I'll take the risk. I'll be using this tek Havatampa. Good work

--------------------

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Re: New TEK? [Re: Gorian]
    #2161628 - 12/05/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks. Good luck.

--------------------

OfflineShroomBlue
Stranger
    #2161777 - 12/05/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

havatampa , dont let that hater get to ya . MAIA get off havatampas nuts . Why cant you admit he's right and YOUR WRONG ?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag