Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: worth [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2111673 - 11/16/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The purpose of life is to live.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: worth [Re: TheEggman]
    #2111847 - 11/16/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Potato BRAVO!!!!

Also, I have a list of ass loads of speeches by alan watts, one of which talked about purposlessness, and how for some reason in western philosophy it is presented and viewed as a negative thing. Purposelessness is a wonderful tool, those in the east know all about it. I personally find comfot in there being no purpose to anything, it is like, the purpose is to have no purpose, the purpose is to live by the very moment your in, if you want to feel a certain way feel it. If you want to be happy be happy, don't try to be happy or try to be sad if you want to be sad.

Once you master a certain kind of mindframe, you will find that emotions can be very much like buttons you push or choose to turn on with a switch. I make and allow myself to feel sad and depressed sometimes, just as I allow myself to feel happy and joyous sometimes, while in the midst of these emotions I would outwardly say it is just the way I feel, but deep deep deep down I know that it is I who throws the switch to feel that way.

It might be looked upon as being fake, and I don't mean to imply that the emotions are false when you see them in this light, just that you control them. I suppose one could say that I should recieve no sympathy when feeling sad then if I am making myself feel that way, but as I said it isn't that I don't feel sad when I am choosing to feel sad, its just that the choice is always there.

This has saved me from many trips others would consider horrible or bad, or trips that could scar someone for life, just because I know it is all just an aspect of a game called experience, when everythign exists so does nothing, because you cannot have one without the other.

Sadness exists, that empty feeling of hopeless despair exists, but the opposites exist as well and it is up to you alone to allow yourself to feel those other emotions if you want to, the second you say you don't have control over such things is when you get too caught up in the game to realize that it was you all along... which in it's own right can be a wonderfully rewarding experience to feel all loss of control, only to have the realization and mental reward of all of a sudden realizing you are indeed in control.

Was this horribly confusing for anyone else?? I imagine my rambling is hard to understand...

Offlinepotato
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Re: worth [Re: caolite]
    #2119092 - 11/18/03 05:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

^^^
wasn't confusing.

here are a few of alan watts lectures and essays.

--------------------
follow the circle sur la plage
on a monocolored trip voyage

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

Re: worth [Re: caolite]
    #2119402 - 11/18/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent, this is just the way I feel. I'll have to check out this Watts guy.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order