Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else?
    #2118752 - 11/18/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

I want to make this brief. I'm basically trying to see if i'm the only one to experience such things while shrooming. Not that i'm really concerned about it, I find it interesting. I'm just curious about it.

Sorry if I sound limited in my vocabulary for describing complex things but this is not my first language.

Most of the time I shroom, I feel some strange *noises* in my head. These noises looks likes electric shocks that surprises me everytime. They are frequent and interesting. Everytime they occur, I'm always left with the impression that I *hit something*, a sort of barrier that is difficult to cross. I'm like hit by something for a fraction of second and then come back to reality.

I tried to focus a lot of time on this and realized that most of the time they occur when I'm focussing really hard on something. For example, I was once in the dark, focussing really hard on a giant tree and trying to understand how a tree live, survives threw winter, etc. I was so focussed that for a second I lost vision and was living like this tree and then *bang*, the electric shock hits and bring me back to reality.

First time I shroomed, the sound in my head was EXACTLY like a small fly that comes too close of your ear (you know, when you hear the sound of a flying fly). It took me several hours to realize that there's no flies at all and this is all in my head.

enough said cuz i know this is vague and probably 100% subjective.

I'm just curious to see if someone has to relate of something similar.

thanks for reading.

.fs.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #2118791 - 11/18/03 02:39 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

I sometimes totally zone out while tripping thinking about who knows what the fuck what, that I snap out of it....similar to the way you described it....I think of it as when you awake from a dream suddenly and your whole body has a spasm.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2118996 - 11/18/03 04:45 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

These noises looks likes electric shocks that surprises me everytime.

i get these electric shocks all the time while tripping....feel like they start at the base of my spine and travel up to my head and explode. very interesting feeling, and once i start getting them, i can feel when they are going to come, and it somehow surprises me ever time.

"ok, here it comes....get ready for it! ZAP!!!!! woah, that was weird" :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2119965 - 11/18/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Does the zap feel anything like what it feels like to reach an epiphany? sudden understanding then just as fast as it came, it leaves you?
\edit: even if there is no understanding to be had, just that feeling...

--------------------

Offlinelowercase
Drifter

Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: blink]
    #2120507 - 11/18/03 06:43 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

maybe you shouldn't be living under high-voltage lines

--------------------
That is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: lowercase]
    #2120613 - 11/18/03 07:18 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

sometimes, the shock is severe and not pleasant at all. It makes a fuckin loud white noise in my head for like half a second and it stops.

I was able once to hear this white noise while not on drugs. I was actually half-awake and was trying to induct a lucid dream by falling asleep consciously. I was slowly able to fall asleep and at the same time, i had the intense sensation of starting to float over my bed. I was about almost asleep (and still conscious) and heard that LOUD WHITE NOISE that woke me up completely. I tried again and heard the same thing.

I'm left with the impression that the white noise occurs when I hit some sort of barrier between my mind and my body and once this will be crossed, the noise will stop.

.fs.

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

#2120952 - 11/18/03 09:52 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Something similar happens to me it's like my vision zooms in very quickly and then i snap back to normal vision. It's weird

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: Gorian]
    #2120968 - 11/18/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Man everybody has crazy experiences while on shrooms. You have nothing to worry about if something "weird" is happening while shroomin....as long as that shit is'nt happening weeks later when your sober in class. I once took a dose and went to a rave..I also took some pure hydrocodone and that took away any stomach discomfort. I cound'nt even feel myself walking. I just told my body to do all the work while I drifted off into space...and it did. My body took me everywhere I wanted to go without me really telling it. Sounds dumb but make sense when your tripping. I even drifted over the crowd and got a differnt view of the rave even though my feet were still on ground. My brain then electrically relapsed and I snapped back in for a few seconds before drifting back off. I cant give trip reports so Im not gonna start one...they always end of draggin on. So dont be afraid of stange things happening while under the influence, as long as your having fun, and currently on the drug.

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: orizon]
    #2123009 - 11/19/03 04:27 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Yeah often times I'll feel a weird pressure building up inside my head as I'm traveling down a thought-river and it'll just keep getting more and more intense like at any point my brain is gonna come bubbling out my ears and then its kinda like i just turn into a bunch of bubbles myself and i hear this bubbling sound as the pressure comes off... like diving deep into water and then resurfacing with millions of bubbles popping all around you... sometimes it happens very fast though like a wave crashing down on you and then resurfacing an instant later and hearing all the bubbles popping as they hit the surface around you... quite awesome. often times gravity will seem to be pulling my head and distorting it around while the pressure is building up too... then all the pressure just bubbles off and i'm back to normal... probably my favorite sensation when I trip... seems to happen everytime no matter the dose--the intensity is, however, dose dependent...

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2123379 - 11/19/03 06:43 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

maybe it has to do with that fish in your head...

ok that was lame, but someone had to say it.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: John]
    #2123793 - 11/19/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Holy crap, i just realised that i've had these whilst reading this post...

But mine occur very very rarely, and not during trips.
I can only really remember 2-3 times that its happened.

One very specific time was when my retard sister fucked around with my 'harley-davidson' alarm, and changed it from radio to alarm. Imagine my surprise, when instead of waking up to a quiet radio at 6am, i JOLT from my dreams with this VERY VERY VERY WAY TOO LOUD sound of a fuckin harley engine being revved over and over about 1 foot from my head. I nearly barfed my heart up. To awake SO scared and SO confused...i dunno man, that was one of the biggest scares of my life...

anyway.....what i remember was that at the very moment the alarm came on, and my eyes jolted open, i had this 'flash' of white in my vision.

The second time, it was associated with a jolt of fear in a sleep state again, as i had a realy bad nightmare, and jolted out of my dream. Had the same white flash at the moment i awoke.

It might have something to do with internal nervousness. Or hidden fears, that your body wants to fight. (like you said, you 'snap out' of thinking deep, etc...)
This might relate to the experience of ego loss. People claim that with meditation, they can achive ego loss at low doses, or even without drugs...
Maybe, because you focus so much, you might inadvertly be able to induce the begining stages of ego loss...and because ego loss resembles death so much, your insticts (which should still be there, because your not in an ego-loss state yet) would automaticaly fear death, 'the will to survive' might kick in, and that usualy means a quick jolt of 'alertness' or more likely 'fear'.....resulting in a 'jump' back to 'conciousness' (reality), and that flash of white/electricity you speak of.

Just spouting theories. =]

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineShockey
#shrooms

Loc: Utah
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: RuNE]
    #2124299 - 11/20/03 03:38 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Hmm, I have had a weird noise the sound of some electricity and buzzing for a split second so loud and annoying it seemed for a few moments but it was a split second, i didnt like it one bit but ive never experianced it again.

--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: Shockey]
    #2124405 - 11/20/03 06:58 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

I asked the same question lol, got some good responses though...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post2024995

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #2124471 - 11/20/03 08:28 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Mumbo jumbo aside, this may be what is referred to as "temporal lobe lability". I've had this for over a year while on or off of substances, mainly due to my overconsumption of DXM, but while under the influence of psilocybin the shocks are much more pronounced, similar in intensity to a shock from a common 120 volt outlet (more pleasurable usually though).

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: Nirvhead]
    #2124479 - 11/20/03 08:39 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Truly intruiging, thanks for mentioning it

Quote:

Temporal Lobe Lability

The amount of spontaneous electrical activity taking place in the temporal lobes of the brain (located behind the ears). According to some researchers, such as neuroscientist Michael Persinger at Laurentian University, it may play a significant role in the phenomenon of alien abduction. Temporal lobe lability is known to vary widely between individuals. In the most extreme cases, violent, synchronized electrical storms flair up in the temporal lobes and caused epileptic fits. Immediately before a seizure, epilepsy sufferers sometimes report strange feelings such as dej? vu or a mystical oneness with their surroundings.1 Other people who are not epileptic but who nevertheless have a high lability as measured by an electroencephalograph tend on the whole to be unusually artistic and imaginative. They are also more prone than normal to having out-of-the-body experiences and other such dramatic psychotic episodes. Research by Persinger suggests that these effects can be induced in anyone by artificially stimulating the temporal lobes. At Laurentian, Persinger has set up an isolation chamber in an effort to simulate such experiences. Subjects relax in the darkened room while wearing a helmet in which three solenoids are used to produce a pulsating electromagnetic field. Although effects vary from one person to the next, frequently reported sensations include the feeling that others are present, of being pulled by someone or something, and of sudden, powerful bursts of emotion-fear or anger-over which the individual has no control. Persinger believes that in people who have a naturally high temporal lobe lability, such strong sensations if experienced at home, alone, and in the middle of the night could be enough to explain many abduction accounts. This hypothesis becomes especially compelling when considered together with the possibility of false memory syndrome.

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery

Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #2125027 - 11/20/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah I've read about that before phucker. Fish it sounds to me like a near OBE. I've felt something like that before, and I was between sleep and being conscious. It was kinda like a searing light that lasted a second and went away. Around that time I had been practicing projection and perhaps this is what caused it. That was around the time also that I had heard several times in my dreams a scream that scared the shit outta me. I think it was probably something like a banshee from myths. The best way I can describe it is a soul-piercing scream. But I digress.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: Smaug]
    #2129515 - 11/22/03 09:00 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

probably some nerve damage or something. nerves operate on electrical signals. that's all i know but i've never experienced this so and i've never heard of it before so i can't say it is normal.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: TODAY]
    #2131330 - 11/23/03 11:30 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

i think i know what you're talking about, but more often than a shock, i usually fell like i'm starting to fall and stop myself, but the situations and mental stimuli you've listed closely reflect my experiences.

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2133456 - 11/24/03 10:22 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Read the "physical effects of mushrooms" in the Experiencing Mushrooms FAQ. What you've experienced is the cosmic sound (at least that's what I like to call it) perfectly normal, happens all the time when I dose.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineMegaShadow
Re: My *body buzz* on shroom. anyone else? [Re: soochi]
    #2138170 - 11/26/03 04:37 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

I know exactly what you mean. It happens when I start to "Fall back" when laying down. :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports