Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBeauville
Satyr

Loc: suitcase city
My Big "gun" And what to do with it?
    #2113712 - 11/16/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well then. Everyday I get to watch some Chimp with more money than his intelligence warrants driving a H2 (to drive to the grocery store) or some Jackass discussing how he just bought a Desert Eagle (even though within 20 feet a $1 knife is more deadly) or some fool woman purchases a Greyhound purebred when she only has a one bedroom apartment.

Such examples of compensation of personal tangible possession when one lacks an internal satisfaction have become the standard in our commercialized psyche.

I am placing bets currently with some of my associates as we sit here, trackside sipping mimosas on how far this shit will go...

How far will we humans take this overcompensation to make ourselves "happy" or at least distracted, past defacing ourselves with surgery, and possession?

What next when the fix is no good?

Predictions my friends?

(Good to see you all still here.)
(hey Swami, had a ball down south at the gig... friggin charmer...)

--------------------
"...spite to all the genre elitists."
"...just because you feel sorry for someone is no reason to be nice to them."
"May all your corvettes be stingray convertibles, and may all your doses be heroic"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: My Big "gun" And what to do with it? [Re: Beauville]
    #2118116 - 11/17/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think we'll get into the terraforming business and start molding the rest of the solar system to suit our needs. Of course, we'll have to introduce some sort of religion to the indigenous bacteria or whatever. I mean, how else are we gonna get them to obey us?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2118173 - 11/17/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

who knows, all I can say though is that It'll suirprise all of us within the next 20 years.  humans have a way of doing this :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: My Big "gun" And what to do with it? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2118197 - 11/17/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

kaiowas is right, its hard to predict what crazy shit us humans will come up with. check out this thread about nanotechnology.

i definitely think small computers will be interfaced chemically with the human organism in the next few years.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: My Big "gun" And what to do with it? [Re: chunder]
    #2118205 - 11/17/03 08:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

damn chunder, never thought of that one  :shocked:.  geez, imagine the limitations of freedom they COULD have if we had like chips inserted into us.  to see our thoughts would be, well wow.     

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineclam_dude
stranger in astrange land

Loc: twilight zone
Re: My Big "gun" And what to do with it? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2118345 - 11/17/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There are two options: option A and option B

Option A: Human beings will consume until they have reached the point ot extinction. If they continue to consume at the current rate, the United States in particular, extinction will occur within the next 75 years.

Option B: Human beings will come to understand that happiness is not solely a product of material obects, external to one's self, which can be conveniently aquired. Rather happiness is a product of the interns of one's self. It is a product of the human brain.

Ah yes, the human brain. Easily taken for granted, the brain is the human's most valuable possetion. In the search for true happiness, the human being blindly looks outwards. He or she, should at the very least, start their search by looking inwards. If this is realized by the human within the next 75 years, chances are that the outer world will be come to be explored in great deapth.

--------------------
"I would like to thank god for making me an atheist" - Ricky Gervais

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: My Big "gun" And what to do with it? [Re: clam_dude]
    #2118370 - 11/17/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Our western materialist, capitalist culture inspires us to seek satisfaction through the aquisition of such useless, "token" goods, though they're not apparent as such to most people.  Thank god that my experiences thusfar in my relatively short life have already led me away from such fruitless pursuits.  A good education, surfing, drugs, literature (esp. terence  :grin: ) film (american beauty, etc), music, and other forms of art have truly saved me.  Did I mention you good people here at the shroomery? Yea, you guys to.  I owe you my life :heartpump:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: My Big "gun" And what to do with it? [Re: clam_dude]
    #2118387 - 11/17/03 09:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think 75 years is a bit of a wild estimate.

There is a third option... we'll figure out a way to consume and renew. Harvest from foreign planets.

As for all humans realizing that greed and wealth are not the best route to happiness... I think that may be a bit of a pipe dream. Maybe it's possible, but people have been preaching that for thousands of years, and most people aren't listening.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2118475 - 11/17/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Whuddup my brother? G-r-e-a-t to see you in FL.

...or some Jackass discussing how he just bought a Desert Eagle (even though within 20 feet a $1 knife is more deadly)

When I was robbed at gunpoint two Thanksgivings ago, I wished he had a $1 knife instead of that Desert Colt Eagle. Methinks his holiday would have turned out a little differently.  :wink:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder