Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3540 | 3541 | 3542 | 3543 | 3544 | 3545 | 3546 | 3547 | 3548 | 3549 | 3550 | 3551 | 3552 | 3553 | 3554 | 3555 | 3556 | 3557 | 3558 | 3559 | 3560 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuko
 User Gallery

Loc: Ship Wrecked
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: TheLostBoys]
    #25473189 - 09/19/18 04:40 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

:amusedapplause:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJerrySeinfeld
Dingle Ball
 User Gallery

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #25473190 - 09/19/18 04:41 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

JerrySeinfeld said:
Quote:

Caps McGee said:
Quote:

JerrySeinfeld said:

Might be lacking FAE with caps that little

could it be the strain i got?
I have two 1/2 inch holes on each side of the lid, and mist and fan twice daily.
You know, I always appreciate your advice, sincerely. But sometimes you come off a bit "know it all" -ish. Maybe add a "nice job" in there before giving advice, or something positive atleast lol.

Is it not enough that he took the time to tell you how to make your grow more successful? He has to dress it up now as well? I'm not trying to be a dick but when people act like the advice isn't good enough etc it makes me wonder why the fuck I bother. Why should he say "nice job" if it isn't? Would you prefer people lie to you?

You would never know that people here are commiting felonies with how soft they are. Better hope you never do time. I'm not suggesting we treat people with derision, but seriously do we need to fawn over people? That seems condescending to me.

Also your tub design sounds poor.  A well designed and dialed in monotub should rarely need to be misted and never need to be fanned. My apologies in advance if my description of your design as "poor" offended you.

jeez man. your response is a little extreme, sorry for giving an opinion you dont approve of lol. You dont know me so calling me soft is a bit extreme. its not like i was crying and getting defensive. Im not saying I cant take advice, quiet the contrary. Why is everyone jumping down my throat? Its like everyone is ready any waiting. I dont need hand holding. I'm simply stating something. Why is it not ok to say I appreciate the advice, converse about it, but point out that one could criticize better? Arent we all here to help eachother and or get advice? Wouldnt you not be in to a person that walks around pointing out everything wrong with whats going on? I think thats fair. If not fine, I digress. Im a grown ass man, dont misconstrue. Lets break bread and chill. Im just a little stoked I made it through through the process as a first timer and have something to show. I never asked for anything to S my D over it.

Anyway thanks for the advice on the monotub. Its a bit tough to wade through or distinguish the faulty advice from the good.

--------------------

OfflineFuturepastnpresent
Wide-eyed

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: JerrySeinfeld]
    #25473195 - 09/19/18 04:44 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah he soft.

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: ally known as ... Flag
Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Futurepastnpresent]
    #25473215 - 09/19/18 04:53 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I'm good bro, blessings in disguise... now, if I can just piss this one off enough to get rid of me, hmmm... Suggestions? Lol

InvisibleJerrySeinfeld
Dingle Ball
 User Gallery

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Futurepastnpresent]
    #25473218 - 09/19/18 04:55 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

good lord, everyone attacking hard on this like I just spit on a god. As i said, I appreciate the advice Caps gives, it just seems like every post i make, heres right there stating otherwise. I dont get why everyone is going nuts over it.
Maybe theres too many crazies or people on here looking for attention and you vets are just attributing that to what I said, but I meant no harm.

--------------------

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

#25473237 - 09/19/18 05:07 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

MUHBAD... just an observation (nowhere remotely near attack; not in my nature)... perhaps i should have worded it differently, or just NOT said anything? still growing mushies, great job brother man!

InvisibleJerrySeinfeld
Dingle Ball
 User Gallery

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25473263 - 09/19/18 05:20 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Caps McGee said:
MUHBAD... just an observation (nowhere remotely near attack; not in my nature)... perhaps i should have worded it differently, or just NOT said anything? still growing mushies, great job brother man!

no man, I appreciate it for sure. Im fuckin new, I didnt mean to start some sort of war over it. Its just my perception of it was like "theres caps at every turn, correcting me" lol.
I honestly meant it in a lighthearted way, but I apologize, I guess it was hard to tell that from just text, as im sure my interpretation of your text is also that way.
Im not looking for a pat on the back even though seemed that way, and im definitely not a "trophy for participation person" that bodhisatta is talking about. Trust me, im a sour cranky ex bouncer thats been in too many motorcycle accidents that have left me pretty bent.

In any event, since your comment ive been looking up lack of FAE. I just dont know if the spores I have are only going to produce this way or not. Is anyone on here the "spore print sending" type? I know some people love to trade or help out.

--------------------

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

#25473270 - 09/19/18 05:24 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe i shouldn't say, but no need for holes, take it out of the closet (assumption) or run a fan at the door facing out to draw CO2 laden air out near the floor... never mist on a schedule, only when it needs it... just saw the other comments... sooo... good job again? Not an attack, and don't know it all, but i do have a photographic memory, and i do a LOT of reading, and a fair bit of cultivating... I'm not judging you, and you're growing mushrooms!  Many dudes come and go, never seeing fruit... that's something to be said... I guess I just assumed everyone wanted to grow the best they could, and that we were all adults and realize that this is a cultivation site, not a daycare... i thought it would be helpful, and that the fact that you grew anything but contaminants was a known "good job"... To whom it may concern, growing mushrooms requires skill, to get ANY fruit is success in my book, whether i mention it or not... it may very well be genetics, and I may not know my ass from a hole in the ground; but that's the beauty of being an intelligent being with a mind of your own; you can choose to consider the possibilities, and determine for yourself, just a suggestion... I'll work on my tact I suppose

No skin off my nose bro, I'll butt out... be honest, I hardly look at who is posting, just the mush... I typically LOVE trading/ spreading love to the spore poor... lol

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

#25473278 - 09/19/18 05:27 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

If I'm doing something wrong, I like to know... if there might be something I could do for better results, I want to hear it...:shrug: nothing personal... not from me, not ever... to anyone! Lol, that'd be like looking in the mirror, gouging my own eye out and then asking me why I did it LOL

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#25473280 - 09/19/18 05:29 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MadHatter333 said:
PE6 ready for harvest. Dropped some spores... Will be taking some prints.

Very nice Madhatter333!
:congrats:

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25473285 - 09/19/18 05:31 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
Quote:

MadHatter333 said:

Very nice Madhatter333!

I just can't get over how DIFFERENT! These favor some Orissa I've seen lately

InvisibleJerrySeinfeld
Dingle Ball
 User Gallery

#25473322 - 09/19/18 05:46 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I understand, you got skill and experience and are just going about the forum offering advice on how to do better. Like I said, youve replied to plenty of my comments with very good advice. I guess my perception of you was some guy lurking around replying to every post as a "know it all," maybe because the lack of anything except the advice your giving.
I didnt really mean you should say "good job!" all cheery, more so that the posts are devoid of anything except the advice so it seems like im being talked at rather than conversed with. I guess thats my issue. I just feel like everyone was so fast to shout "millennial safe space bastard!"

I get that this is clandestine, but only because of bunch of big wigs made it so. I find it pretty normal and enlightening, and therapeutic/healing.

Anyway, now that ive taken a flogging from everyone (and thanks for being reasonable in response Caps) I am a very thorough person, and i just want a print that I know is strong so I can work out my issues in technique and setup, vs the crap shoot of syringes that I seem to have at the moment. Some have been extremely weak.
If anyone is willing to share a foil I would be very appreciative. Trying to isolate with agar right now as well and the plates seem to vary. Would like to make some strong slants.

--------------------

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#25473332 - 09/19/18 05:48 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Caps McGee said:
If I'm doing something wrong, I like to know... if there might be something I could do for better results, I want to hear it...:shrug: nothing personal... not from me, not ever... to anyone! Lol, that'd be like looking in the mirror, gouging my own eye out and then asking me why I did it LOL

I like the strait up approach.No need to sugar coat information.You don't read a textbook to learn and expect there to be tons of little"nice job" and "way to go" notes typed in before each Q&A.:shrug:

That said,I love the community here,and feel like you guys are the only people I can talk to about mushroom cultivation issues.(I go fight club rules with my mush cult,1st rule-DON'T talk about mush cult!)

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

InvisibleJerrySeinfeld
Dingle Ball
 User Gallery

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: mushroomnate]
    #25473333 - 09/19/18 05:49 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomnate said:
Quote:

MadHatter333 said:

Very nice Madhatter333!

good god thats awesome. Is everyone fruiting w out a top? I feel like its too dry here to try that.

--------------------

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
    #25473339 - 09/19/18 05:50 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Caps McGee said:
I think I can safely speak for most of us when I say "we're here ALWAYS, not just for sexy mush flushes"

You sure as hell can :hug:
Quote:

JerrySeinfeld said:

jeez man. your response is a little extreme, sorry for giving an opinion you dont approve of lol. You dont know me so calling me soft is a bit extreme. its not like i was crying and getting defensive. Im not saying I cant take advice, quiet the contrary. Why is everyone jumping down my throat? Its like everyone is ready any waiting. I dont need hand holding. I'm simply stating something. Why is it not ok to say I appreciate the advice, converse about it, but point out that one could criticize better? Arent we all here to help eachother and or get advice? Wouldnt you not be in to a person that walks around pointing out everything wrong with whats going on? I think thats fair. If not fine, I digress. Im a grown ass man, dont misconstrue. Lets break bread and chill. Im just a little stoked I made it through through the process as a first timer and have something to show. I never asked for anything to S my D over it.

Anyway thanks for the advice on the monotub. Its a bit tough to wade through or distinguish the faulty advice from the good.

YOOO, youre the one that should chill, you said it yourself. We're here to get and give advice, he gave solid advice, he shouldnt have to sugar coat it. The best advice ive ever gotten was blunt and straight to the point.

P.s. could be light too :shrug:
If you wabt strong cultures work with PE or take lots of clones and test them all

I doubt thats open air, thats a lot of upkeep and tmh runs volume

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25473345 - 09/19/18 05:53 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

You can find good genetics in just about any variety not degraded by overselfing. Use agar and you can get just about anything.

While it is possible you hit an unlucky phenotype for small caps, it's not something you typically see bred into most classic cube varieties. Penis envy would be an exception to that, however penis envy is exceptional in a lot of ways. However with the power of agar it would be totally possible to find PE that grew like a normal cube with normal caps. Just not likely.

I'm considered to be a blunt person, both here and real life. I'm not here to make friends, however that doesn't mean that can't happen. One of my best friends IRL is a person I met here. That all being said there is a difference between being a jerk and being blunt. I see no reason to change my personality to post here.

InvisibleCaps McGee
Grandaddy Smurfshack

#25473354 - 09/19/18 05:57 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

I get it, and truly... when I've not been on in a while, and I've a bit too catch up on, I kind of run through some of them... but a quick scan of my posts abroad and it's obvious I have a passion for mushrooms, the shroomery, and most of all, it's community... I fucking love you guys, for real doe!  I want to help people grow, consume, and even work through some of the things they are presented with... I do healing locally when I can (not too many seeking enlightenment 'round these parts') i think we've just not gotten into conversation, so bro!  Check yo shit!:pm:

InvisibleJerrySeinfeld
Dingle Ball
 User Gallery

Re: Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #25473386 - 09/19/18 06:16 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
You can find good genetics in just about any variety not degraded by overselfing. Use agar and you can get just about anything.

While it is possible you hit an unlucky phenotype for small caps, it's not something you typically see bred into most classic cube varieties. Penis envy would be an exception to that, however penis envy is exceptional in a lot of ways. However with the power of agar it would be totally possible to find PE that grew like a normal cube with normal caps. Just not likely.

So if I keep fruiting, and then print some of the better mushies, and then fruit those, your saying the odds are that if I adjust my techniques, that ill basically create a stronger shroom thats better balanced?

--------------------

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #25473392 - 09/19/18 06:18 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JerrySeinfeld said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

So if I keep fruiting, and then print some of the better mushies, and then fruit those, your saying the odds are that if I adjust my techniques, that ill basically create a stronger shroom thats better balanced?

It's luck of the draw for me. The stronger one's I have found were by accident.

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25473399 - 09/19/18 06:22 PM (5 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JerrySeinfeld said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

No. What I'm saying is it's very possible you will have completely different results each time. If you want to breed for phenotypes you need to first start with increased heterozygosity, either using wild spores or crossing lineages already exhibiting the desired traits. Most of the varieties in circulation are already well domesticated. It's just not been done with any control so the results are all pretty typical within a range. But as always the entire phenotype of the species is going to have the potential to show up. Yes you can breed in traits, but nothing is guaranteed to show up all the time.

Because of all this, you can randomly pick any variety and with agar isolate just about anything you want. Big small potent weak whatever. It will often be random as well, you don't know what you have until you grow it.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3540 | 3541 | 3542 | 3543 | 3544 | 3545 | 3546 | 3547 | 3548 | 3549 | 3550 | 3551 | 3552 | 3553 | 3554 | 3555 | 3556 | 3557 | 3558 | 3559 | 3560 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale