Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
newbie harvesting question
    #2116238 - 11/17/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i'm in the period of my first (ever) flush. is it obvious when the first flush has ended? in other words is there a couple days pause between the end of the first flush and beginning of the second flush? Or do you just kind of figure when growing has slowed significantly and then do dunk and roll?
another question about harvesting, im confused as when to harvest exactly, since the cakes are in a rubber maid tub i can't see under the veils unless i were to individually pick up each cake frequently which i am supposed to avoid right? so do you just wait until the cap is very flat or what?
any links and/or answers much appreciated,
thanks you guys are lifesavers

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinetwistedJay
hydriodic acid
Loc: IM A REAL KILLA
Re: newbie harvesting question [Re: Tao]
    #2116303 - 11/17/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

your cakes are sitting on lids right. if so just pick the whole thing up, only touching the lid. as far as completion, the veil when it has broken, most the time it will be hanging on the stem.

--------------------
this has been a message from a twisted ass mutha fucka. and if you dont like it.........EAT A DICK!

OfflineSeed_Planter
Stranger
Re: newbie harvesting question [Re: twistedJay]
    #2116819 - 11/17/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Dont worry about waiting until the first flush is completely over. What you want to do is make sure you pick every shroom at its peak. Youll notice the edges of the cap flatten out and start to turn inwards when this happens pick that shroom. Some people will tell you to harvest the whole cake at once but in my experience leaving 1 or 2 immature ones never hurt anything. happy shrooming

OfflineBleedingSickness
Friend OfAttention Whore
Loc: Northern USA
Re: newbie harvesting question [Re: Tao]
    #2117094 - 11/17/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There is a small break in between flushes where the mycellium readies itself to push out fruits again. Your first flush will be near it's end when a few mushrooms reach maturity but it may be different for each cake. If you have a mushrooms approaching the point of the veil breaking you may be near the end. Also when no more aborts show up, you are at least midway through.
I also suggest that you pick by mushroom maturity just before the veil breaks if you are going for more spores you can just cut the veil away with an exacto knife and set the cap on photo-paper. Your mushrooms will be at their peak this way though the potency loss isn't a hugely substantial amount.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom