Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Faht's oven bag clone tek [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #6599338 - 02/22/07 08:10 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is a good place to put my gallery. :smile:

**MORE PICS ON THE FIRST PAGE**

More Hillbilly's

Second Flush (same bin)

PFredspore's

this first one is actually Eq's and redspores.. Eq's on top half.. Pfrs on the bottom "donut cakes"

12 cakes of PFrs.. first row of three is double stacked.

this is another bin of 24 cakes 1st and 2nd flush

yet another bin of 24 pfrs cakes pins and mature

Ecuador

Pesa's

Penis Envy
going to be doing these extensively here soon

these first two are of the same set of 12 cakes double stacked
1st and 2nd flush

these are of another bin, pins and mature

Another two bins at mature

Another bin almost at mature

Bin of bulk sub PE's (This was my first try at bulk substrate.. I also experimented with sectioning as I feel smaller substrates give off thicker pin sets... I also believe the bin was infected with bacteria in the center, hence the no fruiting there, BUT based on how that front section looks, I may return to the idea of sectioning)...

The I got a little better with the bulk subs :wink:....

five bins of PE

bin 1 first flush vvvv .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  bin 1 second flush vvvv after "float"

bin 2

bin 3

bin 4

bin 5 (this is a set of progression pics... what I did with this bin is just pick it and let it fruit again without a dunk or anything.  I think because the first flush was mediocre, the substrate had a lot of it's water reserve left and threw off a nice second.  basically got the second flush first and first flush second.)

3 second flush of those five bins.

Getting "hands on" with the fruits of my labor

Here I did a little experiment with PE where I buried 15 cakes in bulk substrate without breaking the cakes apart first.  Second pic is how it turned out.  It was a "meh" experiment, but interesting nonetheless.  The sub block wasn't consolidated at all an broke apart when I tried to dunk it.  Got about the same as if I would've done one or the other; cakes alone or broke the cakes apart and spread evenly throughout the bulk substrate.

Mazatapec

This one is wbs spawned to straight coir.. 50/50 mix with a verm. casing

here is another bin of Mazatapec

Koh Samui (all same bin)

Treasure Coast

Twelve cakes, same bin

Texas

these first six are of verm rez'd popcorn, 1 handful of verm to 1 qt. of popcorn.  all but the last two are cased with plain verm.  the last two have no casing at all.

and heres them on cakes

This is a bin that I rolled in verm.  notice how most of the fruits are coming from the center of the cakes' surface and not the more typical edges where the verm and substrate meet.  I think I actually started the rolling cakes in verm thing years ago... adversely, I don't think that it improves the overall performance of a cake... most of my other cakes aren't rolled in verm and do just as well if not better than rolled ones.  it does absorb the water thats on a cake after you pull it out of a dunk and rinse quite well tho... thats what I originally used it for, but then noticed more pinning on the total surface of the cake but concluded that the cake would have made those pins anyhow just somewhere else more favorable for the entire growth cycle (like a thicker casing "edge" as opposed to a very thin one composed of only a few flakes of verm on the surface.) Those four Mazatapec cake tubs were also rolled in verm, but if you look at the close up pics of the cakes, the myc. pretty much just engulfed the verm from the roll by the time it produced it's pins.

This is how I dry them all... super simple wins again! :wink:

^^^that is how I used to dry them... I took a look at how the setup was and I wasn't getting the most out of the fan... See, the middle of the fan puts out very small air current since that is where the rotor for the fan is positioned.. the most air current output is all around that rotor... so putting  the fan directly over the top of the mushies isn't working as well as it could... so now I simply move one fan over to dry TWO baskets worth and gets the job done in the same amount of time. :thumbup:

And if you can't get em dry in the summer when the rh is up there...

Quote:

I've posted this before but there are some new updates on it!! and they are good. lol ok, so when i've stated this before i said you should just stick the baggie in the fridge in the crisper drawer with the bag open and they would get about 10% drier in the summer when the RH  in the air is too much that your mushies don't dry completely no matter how long you have them under a fan. well... I was looking at this old crusty piece of pizza that i didn't cover in the fridge and it's rock hard after like three days... i can snap the thing in half. So i got the idea to use a breathable container to put them in the fridge with. i.e., a tyvek  mailer. yet another use for tyvek  from the P.O.!!  just put your partially dried mushies in a tyvek  mailer....

now just seal it up and toss it in your crisper! they will be cracker dry in probably less than a few days. some other benefits: it's sealed and you can't see whats in it... if someone saw it they probably wouldn't go ahead and break the seal on it. AND once you are done using it for drying, you can use the envelope to make self-healing jars lids or something. lol

fahtster

Got a lot of fruits, but you are sick of cleaning the casing off them? ...

Super Easy Cleaning
this is something that i just started doing... I think someone said it to me in passing and it may be here in the Archives  already but all you do is toss the freshly picked mushrooms into your drying device. Once they're dry, just put them into a large ziplock bag and seal the bag with some air still left in the bag. now just push and pull at the bag like mad. the mushies rub against each other knocking off the verm./casing  layer of your choice. once you are satisfied that the mushies are clean, just knead the bag a bit so that the dry flakes fall to one corner of the bag. then just remove your clean mushies. surprisingly, most if not all the mushies stay intact. it acts like a rock tumbler basically. for best results, do this a few times. thanks for the idea whoever told it to me. sure cuts back on the cleaning time... what used to take hours, now only takes 15 min.
I must add tho, this doesn't work very well for Popcorn  UNLESS you clean the 'stuck' kernals off the mushies before you put them in the drier. which i would recommend. at least for certain strains such as tex which for some reason are extremely adhered to their substrate  and will definately take a few kernals with them when they are picked.

|
  V
A quick picture example here.. I'm using my one hand and my knee due to the picture taking, but normally you would just use both your hands to aggressively rub the bag and contents together..

So there you have it. :smile:

oh yeah! ....
Some useful links
http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/ <--- super sick website... ANY part you need to replace on your PC can be gotten here... just need the serial number of the pc and brand.

Remove the space between the forward slash and the "s" in shop--> http://  shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13354&productId=11695&langId=-1
this is a link to have tyvek  mailers sent to you for free... but try not to order a shitload if you only need like 10... you can always order more. lets not abuse our resources. Not sure if this is just a service provided for those that live in the states or not but it's a good chance.

fahtster

Edited by fahtster (02/24/14 10:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Faht's oven bag clone tek [Re: fahtster]
    #6601449 - 02/23/07 10:14 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

all that info and nobody has any questions? lol  well, I guess that means I presented it clearly.  right on.. :smile:

fahtster

Offlinehipopotam
Lurker

#7863892 - 01/11/08 07:34 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Re:  oven bag clone tek
Hi :smile:

I know this an old post but I am very interested in your tek so please , I have a few questions//...

Quote:

said:
now i place the cake in a drenched pile of verm on foil (drenched to reduce water loss from the bottom) then put a heaping pile of verm on top of the already wet verm.. so there is about a 1.5 inch casing layer on the top... now I drench that too. this is basically acting as a flush dunk (but more controlled) as the water seeps into the cake via gravity hydrating it.

1. When you say drenched verm can you explain better? How much water? Do u measure it or how?

2. U say u drench the top casing - that is like pouring water on top of it?

Quote:

said:
those cakes are double stacked 1/2 pints... your cakes should feel as heavy as a baseball all thru the fruiting cycle. so, flip your cakes over and give it lots of water and FAE and isolate a substrain... thats it.

3. What do you mean by flipping the cakes? Please detail that...

4. Please detail what do you do between flushes. Do you follow the same procedure? What if the cakes are tied together now by rhizome? You break it?

Needles to say WOW on your tek. The results stunned me. I am a beginner and I want to use this instead of dunk and roll. U are my model from now one. I have spent one month reading almost these entire site and what i found in here suites me the best. Thank you

--------------------
Anything posted here is false and made only in the purpose of entertainment.

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Faht's oven bag clone tek [Re: hipopotam]
    #7865316 - 01/11/08 02:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

1. I take moist verm and pack about an inch of that on top of the cake... then I take a (2.) spray bottle and douse that packed on layer until saturated completely.. like when you tip the cake a little bit a small amount of water spills over.  do that on the bottom layer of verm too.  then three days after that, douse the top layer only of packed on verm and that should carry you thru the fruiting cycle..  Now this is at a birth when the cakes are knotting and pinning in the jars... if you birth earlier, you may have to add more water as the cake sits in the terrarium.

3. I just mean keep the cakes upside down like they sit in the jars.. you can have them either way tho.. it's not that big of a deal.

4. after that first flush I dunk and apply thin layer.. or you can roll then too.  If they are stuck together, just break them apart.. it won't be that hard to separate. :smile:

Thanks.

fahtster

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #7887995 - 01/16/08 12:04 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Excellent posts, info and pictures. :thumbup:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblemycurious
starving student
Male

Re: Faht's oven bag clone tek [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #12092877 - 02/25/10 12:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Nice stuff faht.  It kinda makes me wonder where all the 'cakes are for kids' flamers disappeared to. :laugh:  I doubt seriously that a bulk bin or monotub that size would produce as much.  There's just so much more surface area available on the cakes to fruit from.
RR

+1

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Faht's oven bag clone tek [Re: mycurious]
    #12092884 - 02/25/10 12:20 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Was that really necessary for a 2 year old post :facepalm:

Offlinetomcat
Stranger
Male

Loc: England Flag
Re: Faht's oven bag clone tek [Re: Grogan]
    #21160310 - 01/21/15 11:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I wished I had seen this post first ,in fact the site first I made my first attempt spawn to grain 3 different types and all turned green total different fungi to eat lol  when funds allow I will get some more spawn and try again

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
40,677 topic views. 33 members, 119 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 15 queries.