Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: san pedro... [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2131790 - 11/24/03 06:29 AM (18 years, 7 days ago)

A 400 Watt Metal Halide is enough for a 10 foot growing space. So for a few cacti I would suggest a 250 watt Metal Halide. The MH's come in lower wattages. So, you're only going to be putting it under the MH for winter? I don't know about ya'll, but I don't think the Sun can be packed into any grow light.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: san pedro... [Re: medicinebag]
    #2133015 - 11/24/03 07:14 PM (18 years, 6 days ago)

I put my san pedros away for the winter in my storage shed. Once the temps get to about 35F I put them up and don't bring them back untill it's back into the 50's. They get complete darkness and no water.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: san pedro... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2133241 - 11/24/03 08:42 PM (18 years, 6 days ago)

Really,

I was wondering if it would be ok to just store them in darkness. I lost allot the first wet winter I had. I guess it was the freezing rain that killed them the first time. However, the ones that didn't die are probably better anyway. They get so "weak" when they are kept at a nursery. It's almost like we are all growing a new "city" strain. I would like to get some seeds from some wild plants from the Andeas. Does anyone know of a place to order seeds that are closest to Wild Cacti. I would like to start some patches outside on hilltops for drainage. Not here but a little west of me and it dries up enough so the winter rains won't damage them. Later.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: san pedro... [Re: medicinebag]
    #2133459 - 11/24/03 10:22 PM (18 years, 6 days ago)

The first year I had san pedros I just brought them in to the house. They grew really skinny and poor looking. The next year, I put them in darkness for the winter because I read somewhere that it was better and they did not get that skinny growth. They just went dormant and didn't grow much at all.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: san pedro... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2133502 - 11/24/03 10:39 PM (18 years, 6 days ago)

Cool,

So if you don't have a decent MH grow light then winter storage in the dark is the way to stop that Wavy growth. Have you ever noticed you can tell the peak of summer and peak of winter by how thick it gets. Later.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies