Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Tobacco in Joints
    #2115920 - 11/17/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know this should probably go in General Questions, but I would end up forgetting about my thread and I'd never find out.

For you Europeans, does adding tobacco to your joints completley eliminate the weed smell? I was thinking of rolling them with like, half herb and half tobacco, or maybe 1/4 weed, 3/4 tobacco, but I'd want to smoke them in public, outside. Would people around me know that I was smoking pot, or would they just think it was a hand rolled cigarette?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #2115949 - 11/17/03 10:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I like putting a little tobacco in my joints.....a freind of mine thinks they burn longer if you do....I don't know about that, but I do know I like the taste. Then again, I smoke.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Anonymous

#2115955 - 11/17/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it still smells like ganja unless you use a low ratio of pot to tobacco. it's better than just smoking a J in public though. i'd recommend using 1/3 herb. that's usually covered up enough to get away with it. its more about how it looks and the way you smoke it than how it smells.

worst comes to worst, just put it out and eat it.

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: ]
    #2115966 - 11/17/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Heh, yea, I'd wind up hitting it like a joint, so that would be a dead giveaway.

Anonymous

#2115983 - 11/17/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

in oz we mix tobaco with herb for cones and joints,it makes it burn better,usually half a cigarette with 1g(depends if you are running low)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2116095 - 11/17/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> For you Europeans, does adding tobacco to your joints completley eliminate the weed smell?

Down here, they mix in tobacco leaf with the joints they roll. The leaf they use is called funta (sp? sounds like FOON-ta). You can pick up a few leaves for a buck at any of the corner markets. I find it to be very harsh to smoke, but it does get rid of the heavy eyes and laziness associated with constant smoking. The smell is still that of cannabis, though not as distinct.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: Seuss]
    #2116147 - 11/17/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont smoke cigarettes, and I HATE it when people roll tobacco in joints. I'm not used to the nicotine, so I get all dizzy and nauseous. It sucks.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2116253 - 11/17/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I always roll my joints with tobacco(rolling tobacco, not from cigarettes!!!). A pure joint with white widow is just to strong for me.

How large are the joints you smoke if you don't roll them with tobacco?

> Would people around me know that I was smoking pot, or would they just think it was a hand rolled cigarette?

Yes, they would know. It still smells like weed

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: Annom]
    #2116785 - 11/17/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'd roll a normal cigarette sized joint with like 1/3 herb and 2/3 rolling tobacco, but the herb wouldn't be White Widow or anything like you guys have in the Netherlands. Just regular nugs.

Anonymous

#2118569 - 11/17/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Seuss. All the rastas in my area talk of this fonta leaf but I have never heard of or smoked it before.
As to tobacco and herb. I love the mix. You get a nicotene buzz first that gets smoothed over by a nice mellow high a few minutes down the line. I pinch a half inch of a nonmenthol cigeret and use that with about point 5 of a gram. Its also a good way to smoke hash in a joint. Helps to keep it burning, so that you dont ash all the hash.

But for in public I would go about half and half. And it's all about the presentation. You smoke it like a joint it looks like a joint. Smoke it like a cig. then well at least it looks like a cig.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2118595 - 11/17/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I first became aware of Tobacco in joints while on Koh Tao island inthe gulf of Siam from some Europeans. Personally I cannot stand tobacco, having been a smoker fromthe age of 12 to 64.

After i quit smoking i gained over 80 pounds in less than six months. and it won't go away.

I know the Europeans do this all over southeast asia and I never personally liked it. i love weed or hash but without the tobacco.
have a shroomy day,

mj

Anonymous

Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2118635 - 11/17/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

As I too, but it would all be gone to quickley if I didnt add the tobacy.
I dont smoke cigerets but have smoked herb for a long time.  Since I started smoking blunts I feel an almost adiction to using tobacco with my herb. :confused:

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #2119371 - 11/18/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If you are going to add tobacco to your joints, may I recommend using American Spirit loose rolling tobacco? It is great rolling tobacco, light and fresh-tasting, additive free. It is also very economical, a whole envelope lasts me almost a month, It goes very well with weed, doesn't overpower it with strange-tasting chemicals.

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: champ]
    #2119384 - 11/18/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I walk down the street smoking a J with pure 100% weed.

no one says shit, people I walk by must know, but if any cops start to slow down by me, I just flick it away quickly (and flick it away like someone would a ciggerate, and then walk quickly, so if they talk to me we will be away from the smell.

But I haven't been talked to yet.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: Sombie]
    #2119542 - 11/18/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah its good. You definatly want more weed than bacci. The bacci is just there to stop it from tickling your throat and to make it burn better. If you use more bacci than weed it would be like smoking a lorry driver's cigarette.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: Lazerouth]
    #2119677 - 11/18/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i have no comment on the issue of tobacco in joints, except to say that if it is good tobacco, it can greatly enhance the flavor/aroma.

as for MMerletto's comment about hitting it like a joint in public, i smoke rollies [hand rolled cigarettes] in public and i always hold them taht way. i haven't been approached by a cop because of it in cali nearly s often as i had in areas where smoking rollies is not as common.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinestudent
Stranger

#2120105 - 11/18/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I met an international student from Japan last year who mixed tobacco in with weed to use in his bong. It hurts. But when we smoked joints, I liked it as much as straight nugs.
If you want to get into smoking weed in public, maybe you should look into a tube injector. When you break off the filter, they look like a non-filtered cigarette.
I would feel perfectly safe smoking a 50/50 blend in public if it looked like a store bought, non-filtered smoke.
Just remember, if you look and act shady, people will notice. But usually only homeless people will approach you. Normal people fear conflict, bums just want a cigarette.

good luck,
student

Invisiblejetnos
Mr
Loc: England
Re: Tobacco in Joints [Re: student]
    #2120280 - 11/18/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If your not actually smoking the joint I notice that I can smell it a mile away. I put baccy in joints cos its so expensive, 90? for an onze so I have to make it last.

--------------------
Smoke and fly

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom