Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Seuss]
    #2122690 - 11/19/03 02:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: ]
    #2122867 - 11/19/03 03:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Study up on ego loss and it is a much better place to be. Really, there are books out there that tell you step by step what to expect.

I don't know anybody who expects ego loss to have been disturbed by ego loss.

Sure it is like you die (and when I do die, I hope it is like ego loss)... but then you are reborn. I'm a big fan.

It is the most wonderful place to be... if you know what to expect and how to navigate through that world.

A good guide or book is all you need.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: Bruiser]
    #2123487 - 11/19/03 07:34 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I always think of egoloss as forgetting yourself....

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: MOTH]
    #2123633 - 11/19/03 08:48 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

How do you know when you experience ego-loss?

When you are on Ecstacy.

mjshroomer

Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: Bruiser]
    #2124119 - 11/20/03 01:10 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

i'm almost positive i experienced this. all i can remember was suddenly hearing IF YOU CAN HEAR ME DRINK THIS BEER! and i had a beer in my hand in a car i had no clue how i got into and didnt have an idea of where I was the past ?? hours (definately hours). I was awake the whole time, eyes open, like i was fine, just not speaking my friends said. I remembered thinking about all kinds of things but none of which pertained to me. Sounds like I experience ego-loss, i just called it a bad trip. i wasnt able to talk the whole time and couldnt even remember exact things i was thinking but i sort of can. its really fucking odd. my mind wasn't ready i was only 14. next time i will be.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: bent]
    #2124147 - 11/20/03 01:38 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, thanks for all the replies.  My last trip I felt like I had lost time somehow, as though I were just merely 'there'...its hard to explain.  I was wondering if this was egoloss or not.  Its really interesting reading about everyone's experiences.  :smile: 

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: Seuss]
    #2126326 - 11/21/03 12:14 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Well said Suess.

OfflineSlightly stupid
Stranger

Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: Meat_Log_Smurf]
    #24244671 - 04/14/17 10:37 PM (4 years, 28 days ago)

I think this week i came clsoe to ego loss. basicly last monday i spent my afert noon tripping with some friends. i had about 2.5 grams an i was at about a level 2.5 tripp threw the day. At 6 pm they left an i took some more idk how much but it got me off guard.

I was watching the movie water boy on netflix. This is were things get fun, basically  the movie ended an i dint even notice. it was like i blacked out or loss track of time idk but it was crazy. When i came to  i just started sweating like crazy an i had strog visuals like i could not move i was like super zoned out i lost another 25 mins or so an then went to the bathroom lol this felt like a level 4.5 tripp .my tiles started glowing a bright green an i seen geometric shapes an my hoody was having a mind of its own. I had alot of fun. I kept thinking dam if i wasent so sleepy i could stay up an enjoy this.

Edited by Slightly stupid (04/14/17 10:40 PM)

OfflineTaraXir
Stranger
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: Slightly stupid]
    #24248727 - 04/16/17 12:29 PM (4 years, 26 days ago)

I've had two ego-loss experiences. One was the first time I took shrooms, and I was sure that I was water during a part of the trip.
The second time was much more profound, I didn't even know that I was gone until I snapped myself out of the peak and turned on the lights, and recognized my feet and then realized that I'm usually a person in a body, with a name, age, home, parents etc.

InvisibleLSDx
Male

Loc: Earf
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: TaraXir]
    #24248891 - 04/16/17 01:58 PM (4 years, 26 days ago)

You will know when you experience it, there is really nothing like it. It feels like your physical body is gone and your soul is just drifting in space. You also can't go looking for it, its something that happens when you need it to.

--------------------
What you search, searches you.

Edited by LSDx (04/16/17 02:23 PM)

OfflineEternitySeeker
ॐ PSYTRANCE ॐ

Loc: Shankara
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: LSDx]
    #24248955 - 04/16/17 02:34 PM (4 years, 26 days ago)

Giving it a concept is silly in the first place.:facepalm:

It is beyond understanding :dancer:

Peace

--------------------
Believe in Something you can not describe

Tune up your chips and circuits , you are going to live longer
Peace

:leocheers:

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Confusion, Arkan... Flag
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: EternitySeeker]
    #24249400 - 04/16/17 06:09 PM (4 years, 26 days ago)

Happens without warning. Closest is, extreme terror of death followed by bliss and child like wonder. The ego never really dies, it is just deconstructed and abstracted to the point of raw experience and reconstructed. If you are lucky good changes will occur at that time, if not so lucky you'll be scarred for life, but the treatment is simple if that happens, take more next time and let it go.

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

InvisibleOrganic Chemist
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: MOTH] * 1
    #24250340 - 04/17/17 12:20 AM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
...and how to achieve it?  Is it just something that happens to you?  Do you feel like you've lost time when you lose your ego?  What does it feel like, exactly?   

Here's something I posted a couple years ago on another forum that may be helpful.  Good luck & happy travels!

I have experienced ego death on both LSD and Mescaline. Bottom line is this. NOBODY can tell you what ego death aka break through aka ALL YOUR BODY SENSES SHUT OFF is! There simply aren't enough words to accurately describe it. You can only understand by experiencing it. I can, however tell you some key points that will let you know definitively whether or not you experienced this.

The FIRST time is likely to be terrifying. As your mind begins to let go of the "self", "you" frantically attemp to keep control of "reality". Once you lose control and "reality" gives way to truth, all the fear transforms to peace, contentment and understanding.

During this time, ALL of your senses are disconnected from the mind. You will see clearly, but not through the eyes. You will hear everything, but not from the ears. You will feel all, but not from the flesh, etc.

Also during this phase of your journey, time dilation may be so great that hundreds of years will pass in the period of less than an hour Earth time. In the course of these years you may experience several lives, deaths, reincarnations, etc.

Regardless of all else the SINGLE thing that defines a breakthrough experience like ego death is this. You will have NO concept of "self". You won't know who "you" are or even have a concept of "you". You won't even have the vague concept that "you" may be a human! The experience will be pure experience without the bias of seeing anything from anything's point of view. You will experience without the crutch of an experiencer and discover the lack of separation between everything, the infinite continuity of all into all.

Like I said, great people far more eloquent and articulate than I have failed to describe ego death with mere words, simply because it's not possible, but I hope my brief summary has at least helped a little to illuminate the reality of your experience.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
BiG StrøØnƵ
Female User Gallery

Loc: NJ, USA, Boonton Flag
Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: Organic Chemist]
    #24250456 - 04/17/17 01:12 AM (4 years, 25 days ago)

It usually starts with the following words being uttered repeatedly, "Make it stop, Make it stop, Make it stop!" Then boom, Out of Body Experience and now you are dead. Then you travel higher and higher towards the Heavens (or for some, to the depths below, the Hells). Eventually you return to your mind and body, but of course this depends on how good you are with astral traveling.

"Those who say they will die first and then rise are in error. If they do not first receive the resurrection while they live, when they die they will receive nothing."

--------------------
BiG StroOnZ

Edited by BiG_StroOnZ (07/10/20 11:33 AM)

Offlinedr.alkaline
 User Gallery

Re: Post deleted by Anno [Re: Anonymous]
    #24250517 - 04/17/17 01:49 AM (4 years, 25 days ago)

I usually think of the ego loss as a loss of my sense of "self" I can honestly feel it starting to happen on almost any active dose but it is not that convincing on low doses. On high doses it becomes convincing and I will eventually feel like i am not human and do not understand what my life is or what I am supposed to be doing as a person on earth anymore. It is like experiencing the universes as a consciousnesses in a void unbound by a physical body.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Ego Loss Detection [Re: dr.alkaline]
    #24250899 - 04/17/17 07:36 AM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Most of the explanations here correspond exactly with the "Immaterial" state in the SALVIA scale of intoxication.

I think this is fair because the terms "ego loss" and "breakthrough" both depend on clear definitions of "ego" and "breakthrough" and neither have a good consistent definition.

However, any one can detect that they have merged with a couch or a wall, that their normal sense of body has changed radically, and that matter, is not behaving as it had been in our waking life.

This is the most stoned you can be on any psychedelic prior to Amnesia which corresponds to blackout/whiteout and loss of ability to remember.

the full salvia scale is as follows

Quote:

taken directly from a random google result http://www.ladysalvia.com/salvia-scale.htm

S - Subtle effect – You get the feeling that something is about to happen but also relaxation and increased sensorics.

A – Think differently – Colours and patterns attract attention, thoughts become illogical, more attention for colours and shapes, no hallucinations yet.

L – Superficial hallucinations – Visions with eyes closed, images and patterns, feeling of a second dimension, visions are clearly recognized as being visions and not confused with reality.

V - Visions – Complex three-dimensional realistic visions, possibly with voices, with eyes closed one looses track of reality. Travelling in time, transformations, seeing ghosts, everything is possible now.

I – Loss of identity – No sense whatsoever anymore about reality, inner experience, contact with gods or the feeling of being a god, contact with objects, thinking of being an object.

A - Amnesia – Loss of consciousness, person can topple over, person can also start walking while asleep or move heavily, mostly the person involved does not remember anything about this. As you loose consciousness, this is not the level you want to reach.

--------------------

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
BiG StrøØnƵ
Female User Gallery

Loc: NJ, USA, Boonton Flag
Re: Ego Loss Detection [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24251816 - 04/17/17 04:37 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Most of the explanations here correspond exactly with the "Immaterial" state in the SALVIA scale of intoxication.

I think this is fair because the terms "ego loss" and "breakthrough" both depend on clear definitions of "ego" and "breakthrough" and neither have a good consistent definition.

However, any one can detect that they have merged with a couch or a wall, that their normal sense of body has changed radically, and that matter, is not behaving as it had been in our waking life.

This is the most stoned you can be on any psychedelic prior to Amnesia which corresponds to blackout/whiteout and loss of ability to remember.

the full salvia scale is as follows

Quote:

taken directly from a random google result http://www.ladysalvia.com/salvia-scale.htm

S - Subtle effect – You get the feeling that something is about to happen but also relaxation and increased sensorics.

A – Think differently – Colours and patterns attract attention, thoughts become illogical, more attention for colours and shapes, no hallucinations yet.

L – Superficial hallucinations – Visions with eyes closed, images and patterns, feeling of a second dimension, visions are clearly recognized as being visions and not confused with reality.

V - Visions – Complex three-dimensional realistic visions, possibly with voices, with eyes closed one looses track of reality. Travelling in time, transformations, seeing ghosts, everything is possible now.

I – Loss of identity – No sense whatsoever anymore about reality, inner experience, contact with gods or the feeling of being a god, contact with objects, thinking of being an object.

A - Amnesia – Loss of consciousness, person can topple over, person can also start walking while asleep or move heavily, mostly the person involved does not remember anything about this. As you loose consciousness, this is not the level you want to reach.

Letter "I" fits nicely into Ego-Death but simultaneously you should look at Shulgin's Plus Four Experience (++++):

Quote:

PLUS ONE, n. (+) The drug is quite certainly active. The chronology can be determined with some accuracy, but the nature of the drug's effects are not yet apparent.

PLUS TWO, n. (++) Both the chronology and the nature of the action of a drug are unmistakably apparent. But you still have some choice as to whether you will accept the adventure, or rather just continue with your ordinary day's plans (if you are an experienced researcher, that is). The effects can be allowed a predominant role, or they may be repressible and made secondary to other chosen activities.

PLUS THREE
, n. (+++) Not only are the chronology and the nature of a drug's action quite clear, but ignoring its action is no longer an option. The subject is totally engaged in the experience, for better or worse.

PLUS FOUR, n. (++++) A rare and precious transcendental state, which has been called a "peak experience," a "religious experience," "divine transformation," a "state of Samadhi" and many other names in other cultures. It is not connected to the +1, +2, and +3 of the measuring of a drug's intensity. It is a state of bliss, a participation mystique, a connectedness with both the interior and exterior universes, which has come about after the ingestion of a psychedelic drug, but which is not necessarily repeatable with a subsequent ingestion of that same drug. If a drug (or technique or process) were ever to be discovered which would consistently produce a plus four experience in all human beings, it is conceivable that it would signal the ultimate evolution, and perhaps the end, of the human experiment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shulgin_Rating_Scale

--------------------
BiG StroOnZ

Edited by BiG_StroOnZ (04/17/17 04:43 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Ego Loss Detection [Re: BiG_StroOnZ] * 1
    #24252677 - 04/17/17 09:57 PM (4 years, 25 days ago)

What an old thread!  I posted this initially 13 years ago, wowza!

And am pretty familiar with what ego loss feels like by now.  :wink: 

Thanks for all the new replies to an interesting topic.

OfflineWu-tang
C20H25N3O
Male

Re: How do you know when you experience ego-loss? [Re: MOTH]
    #24253093 - 04/18/17 12:26 AM (4 years, 24 days ago)

I don't really experience a complete ego loss on anything other than DMT or mushrooms. Its like moments of eternity that are really trippy and strange like machines or colors but so visually astonishing it pushes out thought.

LSD is ego changing though every time I get dosed I always get a good headspace and play my guitar. But not like mushrooms ego loss. DMT is not really ego loss but like absences of thought but created by an artist. Like your own personal void setup by a brilliant artist. 

Honestly I prefer the pattern moving of LSD and mescaline over the wavy flowing effect of mushrooms something about the patterns I see on mescaline look like those rugs from the 60s like the wall will look like this but everything's moving around.

Mushrooms give me eternal moments though and you see rivers flowing through your walls and floor and stuff.

Honestly DMT is strange it one time showed me the middle finger. Other times its like LSD peaking patterns and other times its like mushrooms dark mysteries feeling. Its impossible to predict what a DMT trip will be like exactly cause each one feels unique. But mushrooms LSD and mescaline are pretty predictable.

--------------------
400 years ago-The earth is the center of the universe and anyone who says outherwise is a heretic. How dare you claim that the earth is not the center of the universe? Your looking glass your moons around Jupiter and your navigation tables prove nothing. Your heresy is an affront to the church and to God who made the earth the center of the universe.
Now-All drugs that can expand consciousness are without medical or social justification and anyone who uses them is a criminal. How dare you claim that an understanding of God is to be found in a white powder? This talk of communication with the inner self, the finding of one's way into the hidden reaches of the unconscious, is New Age nonsense and simply an excuse to use dangerous drugs.:callingbullshit:

InvisibleBugsRucker
I am not I
Other User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Ego Loss Detection [Re: MOTH]
    #24255264 - 04/18/17 09:49 PM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
What an old thread!  I posted this initially 13 years ago, wowza!

13 fucking years later and the op is still here to reply to a random bump from someone trying to integrate their recent experience.

Now that's heroic

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience