Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: the brainforest
the Cosmic Serpent
    #2114549 - 11/17/03 04:45 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone read The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origin of Knowledge by Jeremy Narby? Any thoughts?

Amazon reviews

As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: the Cosmic Serpent [Re: Xochitl]
    #2115182 - 11/17/03 07:38 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i have it.
i like the way it asks lots of questions and doesn't give many answers. made me research a lot more about dna - the implications of this discovery will take a long time to sink in (whether i mean for me or for society, i'm not saying).
the reference section has some good info for further reading.

Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: the Cosmic Serpent [Re: Xochitl]
    #2115587 - 11/17/03 10:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm half-way through, got side tracked with study. Personally I believe he's on the right track. I believe that we work for the motivations of our DNA. DNA does not work or us.

Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: the Cosmic Serpent [Re: Jackal]
    #2117318 - 11/17/03 06:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I went on this meditation retreat where we did 10 hours meditation each day for 10 days and I had some visions of snakes coming out of my body and I saw spiral staircases in front of my eyes. Anyway I was comparing visions (it's common to have them when meditating for such a stretch) with this girl afterwards and she loaned me her copy of the book.I didn't really know what to make of it. It didn't appeal to me as very scientific but then a lot of things aren't. Pretty interesting nonetheless. Then again I think it is feasable that different living things have different ways of communicating.

Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

User Gallery
Re: the Cosmic Serpent [Re: enotake2]
    #10653242 - 07/10/09 04:15 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

i also had a snake inside me, it was a silver serpent in my brain, it had the power to destroy me but didnt, this was 5 years ago and im still trying to understand the visions, the snake came to me when i was coming down off a 7 grm trip of shrooms,i thought my trip was just about over and  i was getting ready to go to sleep and there it was, it didnt matter if my eyes were open or closed i could see it and feel it watching over me,it would go in my head and explore then come out and watch me. it was like a mechanical serpent evaluating me, it was the clearest vision ive ever had and im still having trouble making sence of it after years, it scared the hell out of me because i wasnt really tripping when it happened and to this day it still bothers me because i dont know what it was, what it wanted, or what it was doing.

Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: the Cosmic Serpent [Re: knowwon]
    #10653598 - 07/10/09 05:24 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I'm right in the middle of it and I must say that it is riveting! If you're into that sort of things... by that I mean hidden powers of psychedelics and edgy science.

Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology