Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
This is what i see , does it bother anyone else
    #2111013 - 11/16/03 06:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Every now and then i will go out into the world expecting to go and enjoy life, and am confronted by all of the evils of this world.
last night was one of these ocasions.
myself, one of my friends, and 3 acuqantiances went out to a party ( what was supposed to be a rave, full of peace and love) in a warehouse last night. throughout the night, i saw people stealing from eachother, fighting eachother, disrespecting eachother, and disrespecting the property.
so much for the much touted PLUR( peace love unity and respect) of the rave scene.

the actual events arent important but showed me somthing that i see in a vast majority of people. i dont know what it is, lets call it evil for the moment, but it represents all that is nasty, selfish, greedy, and apathetic in people today.
Seeing all of this makes me seriously question if we as the human race can survive our own evil, or will we end our own existance through the practice of all of this evil?
While witnessing these acts, i seriously doubt that we as a people can overcome this. which is odd being that i happen to have a wonderful perspective on these things, and normally believe that we as a people can pull through this, but when i am in the middle of it it seems that all of the negitive energy just seems to pull me and everyone else in.

the following is an exerpt from my journal from when i got home that night.

i see the ultimate trump card, as the end of us all and this little thing we call life

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (11/16/03 06:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2111301 - 11/16/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

People have always been this way. I don't know if it will mean the end to humanity or not, but I agree with the observation that people are fucked up!

I know that we are capable of alot more destruction than we ever have been, but I still feel that our survival instinct is strong enough to overcome our destructive tendencies.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2111302 - 11/16/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Getting laid is what keeps us going.

Nastiness and greed have kept us, and all other animals for that matter, surviving.

I do think we should try to make the world a more peaceful, friendly, and happy place, but it won't necessarily do anything to slow down the apocalypse.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2111357 - 11/16/03 11:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

myself, one of my friends, and 3 acuqantiances went out to a party ( what was supposed to be a rave, full of peace and love) in a warehouse last night. throughout the night, i saw people stealing from eachother, fighting eachother, disrespecting eachother, and disrespecting the property.
so much for the much touted PLUR( peace love unity and respect) of the rave scene.

:nonono:

It wasn't always like that

/me pours a vial of acid on the ground in honor of the dead rave culture

:shake:

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2111371 - 11/16/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

/me licks the ground

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: TheEggman]
    #2111388 - 11/16/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HEY!!

thats for the homies, man!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2111513 - 11/16/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't suppose you noticed any instant karma either?

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: Phluck]
    #2111535 - 11/16/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Getting laid is what keeps us going.

Is getting laid what keeps You going everyday? Or are you saying that that is what keeps our population active, as a mere scientific fact?

Or are you saying that it is somehow the salvation for "humanity"? If its this last one, im going to have to dis agree with you. I dont wake up every morning hopingi get laid, that it will somehow "get me by".

other than that... the rest is just my ideas, im not really trying to argue anything, feel free to comment as you wish, but im not really inclined to debate, dont ever mind hearing ideas and peoples own thoughts about it though. Maybe my ideas about it Will change, but otherwise, it is just how i have come to see it......
The only reason being savage has helped the human race, im my opinion, is for the fact of hunting. What other useful purpose would it serve... and to fight off enemys of course? With the human advancement of technology and agriculture, the formation of civilization has led people to make themselves follow rules or else be subject to the consequence of the rules of the society.

In a world now that demands people to think differently... to resort to that behavior as a form of lifestyle, Is to Me a bad sign of the times. People have acted this way always, maybe its getting worse, in my opinion it has been getting worse. I still stand by my feeling, ideas, and beliefs, that people just are not ready to accept certain facts in life. That shit is bad, and that it could be made better by going through a somewhat painful process. But these things need to happen on a global scale, and those people in our governments need to realize that they way they do stuff is just not very affective at keeping up with needs of society.

I cant remember the quotes or ideas exactly. But people need a system that will support their environment, if one system fails to provide that support, it will fail, and a new one will be put it its place. If therer cannot be a construction of such a guiding force, there will not be a place to support people in the future.

When was anything ever good accomplished without some sweat, pain, or hardship? How are you supposed to be aware of the good, without at least having had to move through the bad? Im not saying we have to act bad, im saying we have to experience it, we have to know what it feels like to have pain... Maybe thats not what a lot of people want to hear, but i think sometimes its just necessary, especially giving the circumstances we are faced with at these times.

--------------------
What?

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2111647 - 11/16/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey I'm not a homie? Well it's too late now. I think I licked up half the vial.  :crazy2: I'll see you when I'm sane in a few days.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: TheEggman]
    #2111661 - 11/16/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you're not a dead homie. not yet anyway. that shit was 1x10^99 micrograms per drop, dude!

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
    #2111684 - 11/16/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it all stems from fear

--------------------
i am another you

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2111695 - 11/16/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm saying getting laid is the thing that keeps humans on the planet.

Like, the sciency one.

"maybe its getting worse, in my opinion it has been getting worse"

There's actually a word for this, I read an article about it, and I've brought it up several times since, but I can never remember what the fucking word is. Anyways, the article was about the perception that society and the world as a whole is getting worse. There are people in every situation, in every culture that believe this, even if the evidence points in the opposite direction. It's a natural psychological reaction. It's reflected in the media quite a bit, people constantly talking about how the youth are getting more and more out of control... even if the youth crime rates are decreasing, or staying the same.

You have to ask yourself, do I think that the world is becoming worse for a good reason, or is it just an untangible feeling I have?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2111702 - 11/16/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"It wasn't always like that

/me pours a vial of acid on the ground in honor of the dead rave culture "

It wasn't always perfect either, even in the early days, there have been incidents with violence and shadiness. It's become such a huge phenomenon that these things seem to be happening all over the place... but are they really happening at a higher rate, relative to the number of raves going on?

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2111710 - 11/16/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

im sick of living off false visions of hope with a knife to my own throat, stick of dynamite inside my overcoat because I know the ropes, reality in this world is bought and sold, a very limited scope of life is shown.

and Im just one in the mold - fully controlled, left to erode in my humble abode.

Im invisible and impossible to touch - I Phantom.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2111716 - 11/16/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

there are no raves going on anymore. at least none here. there are some parties that claim to be raves, but arent even close. I live in Dallas, BTW, the place where you used to be able to buy E at the bar legally. We had a fuckin badass scene for a long time, but then the establishment and yuppie parents finally got wise to it and now its just gone.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2111719 - 11/16/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What's the difference, exactly?

More elitism?

--------------------

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Re: This is what i see , does it bother anyone else [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2111723 - 11/16/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, people hear about raves and go to sell drugs. people bring their friends to raves. its just a party, maybe we could screen out the shady people if we had raver PLUR cards ^_^. Personally I love to rave and I go quite frequently. The more people who go and love it and behave with PLUR the better it gets. Teach by example.

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

#2111730 - 11/16/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm... well I've been meaning to write a post on what the meaning of the word "rave" really is (was, at least, in Dallas, during the 90's)

Elitism was kind of part of it. Its a really long and complicated story. I could write an entire book on it.

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

#2111741 - 11/16/03 02:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you should write a book on it, thats a win win situation

--------------------
i am another you

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2111753 - 11/16/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hip people used to go to raves because they were underground and alternative. Then the rave scene exploded, everyone's taking ecstacy and dancing for hours. Going to raves is no longer hip, so hip people declared it dead and started listening to emo.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom