Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
mushie dmt anomaly....
    #2109380 - 11/15/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone had or knew of any methods to reproduce the anomaly on a regular basis. This might be a better suited question for the mycology section, but I was unsure being I was speaking of dmt....

It would be interesting to find that one strain, or that one mushie to cultivate more. Although the chances being slim and all... I for some reason feel like this is something that should really be looked into, granted it might not be very effiecient... I still find it facinating..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: mushie dmt anomaly.... [Re: caolite]
    #2110172 - 11/15/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what anomaly?

--------------------

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: mushie dmt anomaly.... [Re: simplemachine]
    #2111369 - 11/16/03 11:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Wow. This man sure knows how to make a post as vague as humanly possible.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: mushie dmt anomaly.... [Re: TheEggman]
    #2111525 - 11/16/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Are you saying that you think there is a certain strain of psilocybin mushroom that contains DMT?

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Re: mushie dmt anomaly.... [Re: psikooz]
    #2111722 - 11/16/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well I am not exactly sure on how it works, for my memory doesn't serve me well, but I believe that during some point while the mushroom is growing... on a genetic level before the psilocybin is produced it is in another form of tryptamine, and I believed that I remembered hearing that would have been dmt... One could eat an "active" classed mushie, with no effect, which could be a result from its genetics being messed. The amount of dmt however would probably be so little in each mushie that the yeild and chance of running acorss such a freak would be rare. So I was thinking if there was a way for us to modify a mushroom, even though the yeild might be low, it would be a super easy way to produce another wonderful chemical.

Granted if you were to go throug hthe trouble of genetic modification, it would be like millions times easier to just synth it from a plant already containing it, but my thinking was if one could get it to grow in the wild, it would be nice to have a large natural amount of dmt containing plants growing in north america as opposed to the amazon. That along with the fact that growing mushrooms is something even an average joe can do... where as somehow growing and maintaining a dmt containing plant, could be a bit more difficult.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_faq.shtml#4

See here in indole derivatives... if one could stop the mushroom from producing psilocybin, maybe with a bit of genetic altering one could kind of stop the transformation, if that is what indeed happens, and maybe as a result the mushroom could contain noticable quantities of dmt instead...

I suppse in all honesty no one here could really specifically tell me what to expect, but I just find the theory behind it to be interesting. An easy to grow, naturally "rampant", thing such as a mushroom would be a great method to spread the amount of dmt, without a lot of the trouble. Well... the only trouble being the person who manages to take his time to try genetic experiments, or to even find that 1 in a 100,000,000 that happens to have that genetic defect, study it, and possibly try to reproduce it.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: mushie dmt anomaly.... [Re: caolite]
    #2111784 - 11/16/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The DMT at the end of the chemical p formulae for Psilocine, psilocybine is not the same as nn dimethyltrytamine.

However the physical effects of DMT are the same as some of the phycical effects of psilocine /psilocybine.
DET its the closest with a length of two hours and like psilocybine shrooms but no visual effects.

Just be happy with the shrooms. In one eight of an ounce of P. cubensis, that is three and a half dried grams totaling 3,500 milligrams, only 15 to 25 or so are the actual chemical of psilocine.

mj

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Re: mushie dmt anomaly.... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2111909 - 11/16/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well it isn't that I am unhappy with mushies on their own, I just find things like this interesting is all. Genetic mutations and freaks, and if they could be found and reproduced in a controlled environment.

I mean, whats not to like about various mushrooms having various main active chemicals... other than misidentification ... ;P

edit: in any respect, thanks for explaining it to me, even if it isn't something even really worth thinking about... I guess I am just strange that way heh.

Edited by caolite (11/16/03 03:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom