Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboredboy
The Reverend DoyBuh

Mushroom Storage
    #2109782 - 11/15/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Would storing dry mushrooms in 2 ziplock bags (almost no air left in them), in the dark, in a 65 degree area for 7 days affect there potency in any sort of noticable way? These mushrooms were most likely recently harvested (a 2 pound flood taking place in my area right now), but they dont seem to be as "cracker" dry as others ive had. If they will loose noticable potency, is there any way I can prevent this from happening? Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Happy on the pull of the past
Just before the future comes
Hoping for the rush of some experience
That could elevate me

Up above the daily hum
-The Flaming Lips

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Mushroom Storage [Re: boredboy]
    #2109885 - 11/15/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

it should be alright since that's not really a long time, but if they aren't completly dry put a dessicant sachet in the bag, like those things of silica gel that's in some vitamins and electronics to be safe.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA Flag
Re: Mushroom Storage [Re: boredboy]
    #2109887 - 11/15/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

They wouldn't loose any noticable potency.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: Mushroom Storage [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2110685 - 11/16/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Everybody should buy one of those vacuum sealers at WalMart for about one hundred bucks or less. You know the one, like on those infomercials. And then buy two of those cannisters for storing wet stuff. Here's what I do: I take the larger of the 2 cannisters and fill the bottom with Damp Rid. Then I lay the second smaller cannister in there and fill it with the dry shrooms. I cover the bigger one (containing the smaller cannister) and vacuum the air out. Boy, do they last long in there. And talk about potentcey, they are as potent as the day they were dried out. So not only is it good for mushrooms, but you can store your regular food as well. In my book, that's a win,win situation.

-----------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down........It happens to me every day in the sewer."
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

Edited by beatlebangboy (11/17/03 11:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates