Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
CFB Petawawa
    #2110056 - 11/15/03 10:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

To whom it may concern;

It's saturday night and I'm lonely.

I'm at my girlfriends house...we're gonna set up her christmas tree tonite with her 8 year old son. There are 3 other girls here too. They are all super people and I love them all because they're all I have in this town. That's not the only reason, but it's one of them.

Later on tonite I have to go home to my little 2 bedroom apartment. The locals call 'em 'PMQ'. Permanent Married Quarters. Or 'Q' for short. It's a military community. My boyfriend is in Bosnia, he's been gone since September and he's not coming back until April.

It's not so bad during the day. I work, I go to yoga...I go grocery shopping and fuck around on the internet. Whatever. But nighttime...UGH. It kills me. Especially on weekends for some reason. I can't be at home with my boy, then I want to be out. Drinking, smoking partying. If I'm not...I get pensive and depressed.

Maybe I'm an alcoholic.

Maybe I just need people in my life.

I called my mom the other nite and I haven't talked to her in like a month. She told me I sounded fucked up and needed to get back home. This base is toying with my head. She told me to get back to the city and sort myself out.

I didn't think twice about it until tonite.

I'm pretty glad that Christmas is coming up soon. It'll be so nice to be back home where everything is normal and exactly the way it should be.

I guess I'll go help get that tree up.... Gnite.

Bom

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: CFB Petawawa [Re: CherryBom]
    #2110192 - 11/15/03 11:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

AWWW!
Bom, you know you alway got a place to come crash here... i definatly know the feeling too.

Life is just weird, but at least its EQUALY fucked for all of us... eh?

--------------------

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #2110219 - 11/15/03 11:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

an alcoholic...maybe, hopefully not...needing people in your life isn't bad......... as long as it doesn't consist of those people being people you're out gettin' tore up with and maybe not being so right by your mate that's out in a really bad spot tonight and most nights for that matter. If your relationship with this guy means somethin' to ya' then chill and be right by that, if not......then maybe you should let him know and head on and do your thing.........just a thought from a guy that spent many years in the military  :wink: peace to ya' 

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2110247 - 11/15/03 11:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I spent my youth in PMQs. Father was in the military. He used to be gone for 6 or 8 months at a stretch, too. I don't know how my mother handled it. Must have been tougher on her than it was on me.

You have my sympathy.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2110278 - 11/16/03 12:09 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Recently I've been in a similar boat. A bunch of my friends moved away, so the usual partying is rarely an option. My job is boring and doesn't really allow me to meet anybody nearby, so I kind of feel like I'm drifting.

Drinking on the boring nights seems to brighten things up, but then I wake up the next day and think "Wow, last night must have been wild... I watched TV."

I'm trying to force myself into being more productive. To draw more, to write more, and I'm working on getting into a decent school, which isn't going too badly.

The only advice I have is find something to do... but I guess you already knew that.

I know you've got the ability to whip some fun up out of nothing, so, you know, just giv'er.

And if you figure out how exactly, let me know.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: CFB Petawawa [Re: Phluck]
    #2110312 - 11/16/03 12:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

let me know as well... i think we could all use that knowladge

specialy us puter dorks  :tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: CFB Petawawa [Re: Suffer]
    #2112529 - 11/16/03 09:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I guess sometimes we just gotta work through our shit.

Puter dorks aren't so bad.  Maybe you guys are bored, but you always seem to be here when I needs ya the most.  I guess that's more to my advantage.

Suckers.

It's sunday now.  I find it much more acceptable to be alone on a sunday night.  Not much...but a little.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

#2112615 - 11/16/03 09:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

<3 to you bomb

i know how you feel...you'll get through it, the days will go by faster and your man will come back soon and you won't be so bored.

but i seriously know how you feel...i miss my friends, i miss my family and i miss being in my old surroundings.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#2113040 - 11/16/03 10:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

find some roadtrip friends maybe? Although maybe its too frozen in Canada for that.

You can always start a breakdance crew.

OfflineoDin
Re: CFB Petawawa [Re: djfrog]
    #2118211 - 11/17/03 10:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah all that friendship stuff seems to fall off after hs and or college. there are exceptions of course. like i think scratcher and his group are rather unique. your not being forced togethor like what happens in school anymore....and being that most here are rather introverted and/or dont normally attend a religious sect...interaction with other primates just drops off. that leaves work and most of us dont want to hang with those we work with. i would assume there is a % of yall here that have a quasi double life as i do...and otherwise the people @ work are not your cup of tea.

so what i see alot of people do is start going to a bar regularly. that can be good yet my romance with booze mainly fizzeled out, plus most of the bar regulars were just that...bar regulars..hear their story once...

that leaves things like...exercise...be it indoors or out...or public cause groups..both of which i think are good avenues. cause for 1 you have a built in common interest at the get go.

if you have a cool tight bunch of friends i say nuture it and hold on as long as its not destructive. alas i have lost some through what i see now was not as important as the friendship but at the time anger and pride were very persuasive in severing the ties of friendship. alot of times people grow up/change/find mates and there is nothing you can do about it.

long distace relationships suck cuz your lonely and it hurts, hang in there cherrybom.

having a place like this and internet buds such as yall sure helps imo.

Anonymous

Re: CFB Petawawa [Re: oDin]
    #2118306 - 11/17/03 10:54 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Nice thread

InvisiblejohnB`
Mountaineer
Loc: The Rocky Mountains
Re: CFB Petawawa [Re: oDin]
    #2161484 - 12/05/03 02:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You are a good man, oDin.

Bom, you'll work your way through this just like you've worked your way through the problems that have confronted you in the past. You are definitely not alone....we have all been there. You have strength in you...I know that much.

Keep close to your heart and stay true to the ones that mean the most to you....even if they are thousands of miles away. Never break those bonds of love and friendship.

--------------------
The greatest form has no shape.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: CFB Petawawa [Re: johnB`]
    #2162765 - 12/05/03 09:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

johnB` said:

Keep close to your heart and stay true to the ones that mean the most to you....even if they are thousands of miles away.  Never break those bonds of love and friendship. 

All the ones that I love the most are the farthest away from me.  Thank god for the internet.  I bet lots of us can say the same....  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #2162770 - 12/05/03 10:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
Quote:

johnB` said:

Keep close to your heart and stay true to the ones that mean the most to you....even if they are thousands of miles away.  Never break those bonds of love and friendship. 

All the ones that I love the most are the farthest away from me.  Thank god for the internet.  I bet lots of us can say the same....  :heart: 

Same!

I seem to be able to relate to the Shroomerite people a lot better than any of the friends I have had in my city.  And the friends I have had in the city have all ended up leaving me.  I don't consider my internet friends any less real. 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub