Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: ]
    #2108879 - 11/15/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

the reason they are paid so much is not because their job is difficult, but because the work they do is more valuable, and while just about anyone can sew a soccerball together, there are very few who are qualified to run a large corporation.

How many qualifications does it take to run a corporation into the ground?

Or wipe millions off it's value and walk away with a 3-4 million dollar golden handshake?

Just about anyone could do that - including those 13 year olds.

There are very, very few managers who do anything so out of the ordinary that they deserve to pay themselves many times more than everyone else.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: Xlea321]
    #2108891 - 11/15/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How many qualifications does it take to run a corporation into the ground?

none. perhaps this is why we rarely see people with no qualifications running large corporations.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2109085 - 11/15/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, they're certainly highly qualified at running the companies into the ground  :smirk:

Check out corporate performance and CEO's salaries since 2001. Seems no matter how badly they do they award themselves higher and higher salaries. 

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#2109118 - 11/15/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

so you think the shareholders of some corporations are paying too much for their executives? you should call up the board of directors at some major corporations and tell them about it then...

"hi... yeah... this is alex... and i've got it figured out. let me let you guys in on something... you're spending FAR too much on your executives. check out corporate performance and CEO's salaries since 2001. seriously... i know what i'm talking about here... those guys you pay to run the company... well, they don't know what the hell they're doing. a 13 year old could run the company as well as they do... hello?"

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2109125 - 11/15/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How much input on salary do you think the shareholders get?

you should call up the board of directors at some major corporations and tell them about it then...

I tried. They were out playing golf.. :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#2109156 - 11/15/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

How much input on salary do you think the shareholders get?

in a corporation, the shareholders elect the members of the board of directors. this board establishes, or at the very least approves, the salaries paid to the executives.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2109520 - 11/15/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, you can lump all us liberals into one catagory if you wish.

Im not negative of my country. Im negative regarding some of it's foreign policy and motivations. Dont blame 9/11 on Iraq. Im not blaming it on corporations either. I was asking you... where should the blame be... because nobody seemed to be getting it completely right.

Im either with you our against you, eh?

--------------------

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #2109578 - 11/15/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

From my observations, it seems that PsiloKitten and Alex123 are both operating off of some TV - based stereotype of corporate officals. I think that this really proves the "hatred of the wealthy" that we are discussing.

Most CEO's and shareholders are not trillionaire tycoons who spend their days floating around on the pool on one of their yachts, then fly across the country for supper. This is grossly inaccurate. Picking "The Asshole Executive" out of a movie and likening all corporate executives to him is irrational and assinine. If you were to examine the number of hours that executives put in, I'm sure you'd find than it's more than the 40 hours that their employees put in.

If creating or running a gigantic, multi-billion dollar company is so easy, why don't both of you do it?

The actual act of thinking that every executive fits some profile that you've established through your television proves that you do have an inherent dislike for wealthy people.

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2109650 - 11/15/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Further, the process of transformation,
even if it brings revolutionary change, is
likely to be a long one, absent some
catastrophic and catalyzing event; like a
new Pearl Harbor

??? That is not proof of anything. It is merely a statement
of fact.

No its not incontravertable proof, but damning nonetheless in view of their Statement of Principles. And i would be very hard-pressed to believe that the junta just got extremely lucky on 9/11.

Quote:

From what I saw on their website these guys are interested in
overhauling the American military, ensuring American interests
abroad, and promoting democracy.

If they were so interested in promoting democracy they would all kill themselves.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2109700 - 11/15/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"How many qualifications does it take to run a corporation into the ground?

none. perhaps this is why we rarely see people with no qualifications running large corporations. "

You forgot three words there bro.

'into the ground' that is.

So please, since YOU claim to know so much, please explain the thought process that goes into paying your CEO more when they've actually worsened conditions in the company, and lessened its profitability.

And don't act like CEO's are angels sent from heaven to redeem mankind. I've seen firsthand a board of three owners conspire to lie to employees about the company's financial situation, break the law by not giving any warning to closing the doors, refusing to pay backpay for the required 60 days they were supposed to announce anything by (which amounted to ~$10million, with them holding ~$120+ million in assets and only having ~$20million in debts owed), and in the end what happened? All employees were left unemployed with LESS THAN a day's notice -- actually, most of them were never told they were unemployed, they either heard it on the news or found out when they showed up to work and no one was there -- and the 3 CEO's all walked off with more than $25 million each for destroying a company, lying to everyone about profits, and breaking laws and their contract with the union.

But these are good people, right?

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2109721 - 11/15/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

And don't act like CEO's are angels sent from heaven to redeem mankind.

When did *i* ever say that?!? Have you even bothered to read any of my posts??...Or did you mean to snap at someone else?
Im on your side..

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Anonymous

Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2109740 - 11/15/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

please explain the thought process that goes into paying your CEO more when they've actually worsened conditions in the company, and lessened its profitability.

i don't know, but if i owned stock in or was employed by a real corporation that did that, i might actually care.

don't act like CEO's are angels sent from heaven to redeem mankind.

am i?

I've seen firsthand a board of three owners conspire to lie to employees about the company's financial situation, break the law by not giving any warning to closing the doors, refusing to pay backpay for the required 60 days they were supposed to announce anything by (which amounted to ~$10million, with them holding ~$120+ million in assets and only having ~$20million in debts owed), and in the end what happened? All employees were left unemployed with LESS THAN a day's notice -- actually, most of them were never told they were unemployed, they either heard it on the news or found out when they showed up to work and no one was there -- and the 3 CEO's all walked off with more than $25 million each for destroying a company, lying to everyone about profits, and breaking laws and their contract with the union.

so some people are scumbags. there are literally thousands of corporations that aren't run that way. there's this attitude here that all corporate executives are scumbag criminals who are obscenely overpaid for their services... services that entail really nothing more than bankrupting the companies they work for and walking away with millions while leaving investors out money and workers unemployed. this assesment of course has little to do with fact and alot to do with the very sort of hatred to which the title of this thread is referring.

Anonymous

Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2109741 - 11/15/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

he was using that goddamn quick reply.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2109765 - 11/15/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
so some people are scumbags. there are literally thousands of corporations that aren't run that way. there's this attitude here that all corporate executives are scumbag criminals who are obscenely overpaid for their services... services that entail really nothing more than bankrupting the companies they work for and walking away with millions while leaving investors out money and workers unemployed. this assesment of course has little to do with fact and alot to do with the very sort of hatred to which the title of this thread is referring.

Brilliant! The stereotypes of the "Rich Men" that run "Corporations" is another facet of the precise topic they are saying they don't believe exists. Their minds take the image of a rick CEO jackass and transplant that as the leader of every corporation executive in existance. The vast, gigantic minority don't want to hurt or screw over their employees in any manner. More corporations are doing things now to reward their employees than ever before. These people live in a world created by a television, displaying their total lack of any connection with reality.

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Class Warfare: Hatred of the wealthy [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2110094 - 11/15/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, cause I said that. That was one of the gayest little analysis to evade the issue that Ive seen here. WTG. Have you met lysergic? You two will get along like peas in a pod.

My opinion of you is that you are just another melodramatic meglomaniac and you should probably go to the end of that line.

All that you've surmised about me in your ten days and 87 posts here at the shroomery, eh?

Sweet. Atleast you identified your ignorance up front and I wont have to bother wasting any time on you.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2110204 - 11/15/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

PsiloKitten, the idea is to address the message, not the messenger. Please reserve the psychoanalysis for private messages.

enimatpyrt, same applies to you. No need to speculate on how someone here has formed one of the opinions they express. If you feel the opinion (however formed) is inaccurate, showing it to be inaccurate is sufficient.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #2110206 - 11/15/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, you can lump all us liberals into one catagory if you wish.

Liberals tend to lump themselves into categories because of the ideas
that they espouse. I just merely observe the process.

Im not negative of my country. Im negative regarding some of it's
foreign policy and motivations.

So am I.

Dont blame 9/11 on Iraq. Im not blaming it on corporations either.

I never did. It was Islamic extremists who hate us because we
give Israel money and weapons and because we have soldiers in Saudi
Arabia.

I was asking you... where should the blame be...

With nutso Muslims who seek to kill innocent civilians and with
US foreign policy for pissing them off in the first place.

Im either with you our against you, eh?

That isn't true. I am willing to listen to anybody, as long as they
back their arguments up with articulate reasoning and solid
information.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2110672 - 11/16/03 01:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

CEO who easily worked 80-100 hours a week

Damn, that must've been one helluva round of golf  :smile2:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2110683 - 11/16/03 01:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

in a corporation, the shareholders elect the members of the board of directors. this board establishes, or at the very least approves, the salaries paid to the executives.

Strange how i keep seeing angry shareholders stood outside corporate meetings complaining at the CEO salary awards and saying how powerless they are to change it. I think there's a little more to it than you think mush.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2110793 - 11/16/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Where did exactly do you "keep seeing" this phenomenon?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order