Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineImSl8
Foreseein'
 User Gallery

What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll)
    #21093733 - 01/09/15 06:25 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I've been obsessed with psychological types as well as the cognitive functions that they symbolize for quite some time now and I'm curious as to see the different strands of shroomerites surfing here this year. For example, are there more INTJs than INTPs, or vice versa? If you don't know your personality type and want to learn more about yourself and others, I've provided links to three reliable tests below which gauge your psychological preferences in how you perceive the world and make decisions. The key to scoring your true type is to be as real as possible with yourself - don't answer idealistically.

1) http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
2) http://cognitivequiz.com/quiz.html
3) http://www.25quiz.com/

I'm an INFJ...
Now what are you?!
Users may choose only one (47 total votes)
INTP
-
14 30%
ENTP
-
3 6%
INTJ
-
7 15%
ENTJ
-
0 0%
INFP
-
9 19%
ENFP
-
1 2%
INFJ
-
4 9%
ENFJ
-
1 2%
ISFP
-
1 2%
ESFP
-
0 0%
ISTP
-
5 11%
ESTP
-
0 0%
ISFJ
-
0 0%
ESFJ
-
0 0%
ISTJ
-
0 0%
ESTJ
-
0 0%
STAL
-
2 4%
Votes accepted from (01/09/15 12:00 PM) to (12/31/15 05:07 PM)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: ImSl8]
    #21093745 - 01/09/15 06:28 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

INFP. I have no idea what it means.

InvisibleShroomopotamus
Happy Mushrooming
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Funkotron
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21093768 - 01/09/15 06:33 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm more of an LMNOP kinda fella

--------------------
Live by the mushroom, die by the mushroom
:mushroom2::rainbowdrink:
This is a trap! A trap! You are all busted! Busted! You fools!
:twirlyface:

If a time comes where I fail to appear I've been abducted and I will miss you all
Please smile and pet puppies as often as possible
Be happy
Be nice
(<3);}

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #21093776 - 01/09/15 06:35 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: INTP
or Second Possibility: INFP
or Third Possibility: INFJ

Offlineedos
Male

#21093790 - 01/09/15 06:39 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

ISTP for me...its supposed to mean self-sufficiency

http://www.25quiz.com/type-descriptions

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: edos]
    #21093818 - 01/09/15 06:48 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

The description of mine actually does sound a lot like me.

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: Adolin]
    #21093850 - 01/09/15 06:59 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

One test said I was an INFP the other two said INFJ

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #21093911 - 01/09/15 07:17 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

INTJ, "The Mastermind"

--------------------

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #21093935 - 01/09/15 07:22 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I tested again, I always score INFJ as primary.  It's pretty weird to me that this hasn't changed.
This time my secondary possibilities came up ENTP and ENFJ.

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: Blend]
    #21093969 - 01/09/15 07:33 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Well that was wasted time. Intp

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: edos]
    #21094089 - 01/09/15 08:01 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

edos said:
ISTP for me...its supposed to mean self-sufficiency

http://www.25quiz.com/type-descriptions

Same here, I took two of the tests and they came out ISTP, so fuck taking that other one.

Quote:

Portrait of an ISTP - Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
(Introverted Thinking with Extraverted Sensing)

The Mechanic

As an ISTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work.

ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.

ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness. Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully. They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".

ISTPs like and need to spend time alone, because this is when they can sort things out in their minds most clearly. They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.

ISTPs are action-oriented people. They like to be up and about, doing things. They are not people to sit behind a desk all day and do long-range planning. Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them. They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things. They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.

ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs.

An ISTP who is over-stressed may exhibit rash emotional outbursts of anger, or on the other extreme may be overwhelmed by emotions and feelings which they feel compelled to share with people (often inappropriately). An ISTP who is down on themself will foray into the world of value judgments - a place which is not natural for the ISTP - and judge themself by their inability to perform some task. They will then approach the task in a grim emotional state, expecting the worst.

ISTPs are excellent in a crisis situations. They're usually good athletes, and have very good hand-eye coordination. They are good at following through with a project, and tying up loose ends. They usually don't have much trouble with school, because they are introverts who can think logically. They are usually patient individuals, although they may be prone to occasional emotional outbursts due to their inattention to their own feelings.

ISTPs have a lot of natural ability which makes them good at many different kinds of things. However, they are happiest when they are centered in action-oriented tasks which require detailed logical analysis and technical skill. They take pride in their ability to take the next correct step.

ISTPs are optimistic, full of good cheer, loyal to their equals, uncomplicated in their desires, generous, trusting and receptive people who want no part in confining commitments.

Jungian functional preference ordering:
Dominant: Introverted Thinking
Auxiliary: Extraverted Sensing
Tertiary: Introverted Intuition
Inferior: Extraverted Feeling

Sounds about right. :albundy:

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: 4runner]
    #21094299 - 01/09/15 08:47 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

INTJ, the mastermind.  Literally all of my friends test NT at least.  I cannot deal with S type people I have found.  INTJ is also the only archetype to have their own forum to my knowledge -- intjforum.com

Quote:

INTJ PERSONALITY

It's lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population - it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

NOTHING CAN STOP THE RIGHT ATTITUDE FROM ACHIEVING ITS GOAL

INTJ personalityWith a natural thirst for knowledge that shows itself early in life, INTJs are often given the title of "bookworm" as children. While this may be intended as an insult by their peers, they more than likely identify with it and are even proud of it, greatly enjoying their broad and deep body of knowledge. INTJs enjoy sharing what they know as well, confident in their mastery of their chosen subjects, but owing to their Intuitive (N) and Judging (J) traits, they prefer to design and execute a brilliant plan within their field rather than share opinions on "uninteresting" distractions like gossip.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison
A paradox to most observers, INTJs are able to live by glaring contradictions that nonetheless make perfect sense - at least from a purely rational perspective. For example, INTJs are simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealists and the bitterest of cynics, a seemingly impossible conflict. But this is because INTJ types tend to believe that with effort, intelligence and consideration, nothing is impossible, while at the same time they believe that people are too lazy, short-sighted or self-serving to actually achieve those fantastic results. Yet that cynical view of reality is unlikely to stop an interested INTJ from achieving a result they believe to be relevant.

IN MATTERS OF PRINCIPLE, STAND LIKE A ROCK

INTJs radiate self-confidence and an aura of mystery, and their insightful observations, original ideas and formidable logic enable them to push change through with sheer willpower and force of personality. At times it will seem that INTJs are bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system they come into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn't have the talent to keep up with INTJs' processes, or worse yet, doesn't see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.

Rules, limitations and traditions are anathema to the INTJ personality type - everything should be open to questioning and reevaluation, and if they see a way, INTJs will often act unilaterally to enact their technically superior, sometimes insensitive, and almost always unorthodox methods and ideas.
This isn't to be misunderstood as impulsiveness - INTJs will strive to remain rational no matter how attractive the end goal may be, and every idea, whether generated internally or soaked in from the outside world, must pass the ruthless and ever-present "Is this going to work?" filter. This mechanism is applied at all times, to all things and all people, and this is often where INTJ personality types run into trouble.

ONE REFLECTS MORE WHEN TRAVELING ALONE

INTJs are brilliant and confident in bodies of knowledge they have taken the time to understand, but unfortunately the social contract is unlikely to be one of those subjects. White lies and small talk are hard enough as it is for a type that craves truth and depth, but INTJs may go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid. Ironically, it is often best for them to remain where they are comfortable - out of the spotlight - where the natural confidence prevalent in INTJs as they work with the familiar can serve as its own beacon, attracting people, romantically or otherwise, of similar temperament and interests.

INTJs are defined by their tendency to move through life as though it were a giant chess board, pieces constantly shifting with consideration and intelligence, always assessing new tactics, strategies and contingency plans, constantly outmaneuvering their peers in order to maintain control of a situation while maximizing their freedom to move about. This isn't meant to suggest that INTJs act without conscience, but to many Feeling (F) types, INTJs' distaste for acting on emotion can make it seem that way, and it explains why many fictional villains (and misunderstood heroes) are modeled on this personality type.

Famous IN

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Offlineblackhawk
Newton's Law of Majesticity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Where Jimmies are Rustled
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: All We Perceive]
    #21094356 - 01/09/15 09:01 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

ISTP...BITCH!

--------------------

OfflineAcidreamer
altered ego
Female

Loc: CA
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: blackhawk]
    #21094972 - 01/09/15 11:34 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

INFJ here as well -- pretty surprising how many there have been so far considering we're the ~rarest type~. Interesting :strokebeard:

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: Acidreamer]
    #21095001 - 01/09/15 11:44 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'ma Gemini.

I like long walks on the beach and candle light dinners on the patio.
Bachelor number 2, what would you do to my anus on out first date?

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #21095204 - 01/10/15 01:12 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

INFP    introverted Feeling/extraverted Intuiting

Quote:

Type Lead Process Support Process
ESTP extraverted Sensing introverted Thinking
ISTP introverted Thinking extraverted Sensing
ESFP extraverted Sensing introverted Feeling
ISFP introverted Feeling extraverted Sensing
ESTJ extraverted Thinking introverted Sensing
ISTJ introverted Sensing extraverted Thinking
ESFJ extraverted Feeling introverted Sensing
ISFJ introverted Sensing extraverted Feeling
ENTJ extraverted Thinking introverted Intuiting
INTJ introverted Intuiting extraverted Thinking
ENTP extraverted Intuiting introverted Thinking
INTP introverted Thinking extraverted Intuiting
ENFJ extraverted Feeling introverted Intuiting
INFJ introverted Intuiting extraverted Feeling
ENFP extraverted Intuiting introverted Feeling
INFP introverted Feeling extraverted Intuiting

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: Acidreamer]
    #21095250 - 01/10/15 01:35 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Acidreamer said:
INFJ here as well -- pretty surprising how many there have been so far considering we're the ~rarest type~. Interesting :strokebeard:

I was thinking the same thing. haha INFJ here too. I've taken these tests about 10 times through the years and always get the same thing.

Cooooooooool

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: What's Your MBTI Personality Type? (2015 Poll) [Re: Hobozen]
    #21095261 - 01/10/15 01:40 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

blankk said:
INFP    introverted Feeling/extraverted Intuiting

The Stabilizerâ„¢ Temperament
(Logistical Skill Set)
(Guardians)

The core needs are for group membership and responsibility.
They need to know they are doing the responsible thing.
They value stability, security, and a sense of community.
They trust hierarchy and authority and may be surprised when others go against these social structures.
People of this temperament prefer cooperative actions with a focus on standards and norms.

Their orientation is to their past experiences, and they like things sequenced and structured.
They tend to look for the practical applications of what they are learning.
:shitstorm:

OfflineMagenta
I care!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land of plenty Flag
    #21095299 - 01/10/15 02:02 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I'm INTJ. I've studied this before. I think a person's type means very little, but to accept it and to learn to work out others and adopt an effective style of communication to those, is more important. Alas, despite that, it's not easy. I've recently found my self at work dealing with a newer employee whom is an ESFJ and oh my god, i don't have to say a thing, it's like he can read my 'deep' mind, it's really disturbing for me because i can't do that at all. What i mean by 'deep' is he can read my personal thoughts. When it comes to actual workplace thoughts, he has no idea. He needs to be told what to to, and seems to lack almost all commonsense. I give him a directive (It is my job to do so) and he takes it like a personal attack.
I wish i could say it was his problem but unfortunately i've found many people seem to take me in an unintended way.

--------------------

OfflineMagenta
I care!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land of plenty Flag
    #21095310 - 01/10/15 02:07 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I just examined the poll results. I thought it might be worth mentioning that this type of thread would appeal more to Intuative than Sensors. Many sensors probably begun reading and quickly lost interest.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order