Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesea_of_weed
Devil without acause
Loc: Planet Earth
Trip Tip #1
    #2109168 - 11/15/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Make a Huge country style bon fire...
I live in the country 8- )

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: sea_of_weed]
    #2109212 - 11/15/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

trip tip # 2:
dont dance in it.

Anonymous

Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: sea_of_weed]
    #2109216 - 11/15/03 02:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

just make sure it's under control. hehe. i like having a nice fire for the night trips as well.

i've learned how to make fire without matches or lighters or anything like that. as long as it's dry out, i can do it. it's a little more involved than just rubbing two sticks together, but it's not something entirely difficult to learn. you just gotta know what sorts of wood to use, how to find it, and how to craft it into stuff that can generate friction. that and finding suitable tinder and fuel...

i've always thought that it might be something to try doing while tripping. just going into the forest on a trip and starting your fire from scratch... paleolithic style. it'd be good i think. i'm gonna have to try that sometime. maybe some other caveman activities too while tripping... i dunno.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: ]
    #2109245 - 11/15/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

i've always thought that it might be something to try doing while tripping. just going into the forest on a trip and starting your fire from scratch... paleolithic style

I think that would spark some intense emotion. It would be a major rush accomplish that while tripping.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2109354 - 11/15/03 03:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I doubt you could accomplish it while tripping. I know I sure as hell couldn't....but then again I have no idea how to do it sober. How do you learn somethin like that?

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Anonymous

Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2109637 - 11/15/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

lots of practice. hehe. the thing is to learn it in steps. most people probably couldn't just walk into the woods and build a fire easily even if they had a box of matches... the first thing you need to learn to be able to do is build a fire. then from there you learn how to start one with flint and steel, and once you've got all of that down, you start learning how to do it with friction.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: ]
    #2109754 - 11/15/03 06:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

kare to teach us? ;-) or link us somewhere to teach us. id love to learn

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Anonymous

Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: entiformatie]
    #2109787 - 11/15/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

this site: here talks about some of the more technical aspects in its fire section.

it really depends on the local materials available. you've got to be able to find suitable wood to use and you've got to be able to find tinder and kindling. obviously, you need to know how to build a fire.

i've found that the easiest method is the bow and drill method... but that method does require that you have some quality cordage, which can be difficult to find or make in the woods. if i can't find any, i cheat on that part and use a shoelace...

Anonymous

#2109789 - 11/15/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

like i said, build it up in steps. first learn how to make a fire with matches. this is harder than it may seem. then work up to making one with flint and steel. after you've mastered that, make yourself a good friction set. make it with the right kind of wood and use tools to do it... make a good one, learn how to use it, and get in down so you can start a fire with that easily. once you can do that, you just need to learn how to make a bow and drill or other friction device with local wild materials and no tools. you gotta take it one step at a time.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2109798 - 11/15/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I build a killer fire, as long as I have some sort of lighting implement. preferably taper matches but I can deal with regular ones. I should learn how to light one without matches, but where I live it isn't too easy considering how moist it usually is. It's often hard to find wood that is dry enough to light. I somehow usually manage to get the damp stuff going though.. which is why I'm known as the fire queen:D

Offlinef8L
Triumph

Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: ChiefThunderbong]
    #2110619 - 11/16/03 01:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ChiefThunderbong said:
I doubt you could accomplish it while tripping. I know I sure as hell couldn't....but then again I have no idea how to do it sober. How do you learn somethin like that?

id have to agree... my tripping friends spent an hour trying to unsucessfully roll a joint... it just consumed their whole trip.. .ew.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: f8L]
    #2111251 - 11/16/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lighting a fire without matches?

Two batteries taped together at the middle.
A handful of steel wool.
Apply the wire to the contacts of the taped together batteries. You can do this easy enough but just make sure your hands are far enough away from the ends.

"FIRE! DAH DAH DAH DA DA DAAAAAA!"

I've used it myself for camping and the like when the weather is truely shite and the people your with are dripping wet complaining that they'll, "Never get a fire lit in this rain!". Then you get with the battery thang and for a brief moment you have the chance too feel like Gandalf the Great.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineShockey
#shrooms

Loc: Utah
Re: Trip Tip #1 [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2124285 - 11/20/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well Im with CheifThunderbong. I tripped on 3.5g one time and arrived camping with some sobers in the dark, me and my friend are the fire buiulders out of the group. Boy let me tell you I Couldnt really even pick up a stick let alone put them in a fire pit in a posisision they will light on fire. It was horrendous out friends spent 20 mins building it when sober it woulda taken me and my friend 1 minute to build that fire. While me and my friend where trying to tell them what to do but making no sence all they could do is laugh at us and then tell us to shut up for a moment. We got called ren ans stimpy that night it was hillarious.

--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom