Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: shroom_sensai]
    #21067740 - 01/04/15 07:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroom_sensai said:
the system is fucked man, wake up it doesnt matter who you vote for theyre all controlled by lobbies, who are controlled by corporations.

You are dead wrong.  Corporations do not get to vote.  It is 100% the fault of the voters.  They do not have to listen to any message paid for by anybody and that includes the media.  The problem is an ignorant, uneducated voter class.  I would say that the entity that has been most complicit in producing that is the gotcha media hacks who have made it utterly impossible for a normal human beings to get elected.  That and the education system being controlled by the federal government.  Corporations?  Hardly the issue.  All citizens, and corporations are owned by citizens and have the Constitutionally protected right to petition the government.  Let's consider that most small businesses are incorporated  Should the citizens who own those companies not be allowed to lobby on their own behalf?  If they are allowed but Exxon Mobil is not at what point do you decide which corporations can and which corporations cannot petition the government?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsilynut
aka Patchraper

Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21068023 - 01/04/15 08:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

[  It is 100% the fault of the voters.  /quote]

No way its 90% the fault of the 40% or so  who don't vote .

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: psilynut]
    #21068228 - 01/04/15 08:49 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

psilynut said:
Quote:

[  It is 100% the fault of the voters.  /quote]

No way its 90% the fault of the 40% or so  who don't vote .

Do you think they would do anything differently?

--------------------

Offlineshroom_sensai
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21068234 - 01/04/15 08:50 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

everyone should stop voting and stop paying taxes, problem solved if everyone would decide to do it at the same time.

--------------------
My Adventures Cultivating Mescaline Bearing Cacti

“Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.”
– Terence McKenna

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: shroom_sensai] * 1
    #21068316 - 01/04/15 09:03 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroom_sensai said:
everyone should stop voting and stop paying taxes, problem solved if everyone would decide to do it at the same time.

Right.  Anarchy. That might actually move me to get mean out of self preservation.  Not good for the vast population of pussies

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#21068374 - 01/04/15 09:15 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

simple solution to these problems. lower the pay of politicians to that of middle class, or even step it up a notch a pay them shit. only the truly humble will remain and our society will be back on track. the key is to always keep the politician's pay low no matter what. but then again look at what happened to the constitution.. it was supposed to remain that way but peeps decided to completely ignore it over time..

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: zZZz]
    #21068403 - 01/04/15 09:23 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
simple solution to these problems. lower the pay of politicians to that of middle class, or even step it up a notch a pay them shit. only the truly humble will remain and our society will be back on track. the key is to always keep the politician's pay low no matter what. but then again look at what happened to the constitution.. it was supposed to remain that way but peeps decided to completely ignore it over time..

Only the very rich will be on track

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#21068429 - 01/04/15 09:27 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

simple solution, tax the shit out of em. if they are getting getting filthy rich on your ground it's only fair that they pay up a healthy sum.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21068494 - 01/04/15 09:42 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
simple solution, tax the shit out of em. if they are getting getting filthy rich on your ground it's only fair that they pay up a healthy sum.

Tax the shit out of who?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #21068709 - 01/04/15 10:31 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

shroom_sensai said:
it doesnt matter who you vote for theyre all controlled by lobbies, who are controlled by corporations.

You are dead wrong.  Corporations do not get to vote.

He's right though.  Congress usually does what the corporations want; not what the voters want.  Just look at CRomnibus.  Who wanted that besides Wall St?

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #21070145 - 01/05/15 08:40 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

shroom_sensai said:
it doesnt matter who you vote for theyre all controlled by lobbies, who are controlled by corporations.

You are dead wrong.  Corporations do not get to vote.

He's right though.  Congress usually does what the corporations want; not what the voters want.  Just look at CRomnibus.  Who wanted that besides Wall St?

What makes you think that made Wall Street happy?

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#21070168 - 01/05/15 08:44 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Just watch the movie wolf of Wall Street. Then you'll know why.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21070211 - 01/05/15 08:56 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:lolsy:What does that have to do with the latest spending bill and what kind of drooling moron would think that anything that comes out of Hollyweird is in any way at all reality?  Boy oh boy if you get your world view from movies and television it is no wonder you have some the ideas you do.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21070342 - 01/05/15 09:29 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
What makes you think that made Wall Street happy?

Just about every article written on the subject.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: How Many Of You Are Happy About Obama Going Around Congress? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #21070365 - 01/05/15 09:40 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:lolsy:Look at the lineup on that page

Bernie Sanders
Think Progress
zerohedge says nothing about whether it was good for Wall Street
Huffington Post
Salon
Sanders again
Naked Capitalism
Daily Kos
Common Cause
Fiscal Times, which also says nothing about whether Wall Street is happy with Cromnibus.

That's the entire first page of the search results you linked.  No wonder you have no clue.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21070531 - 01/05/15 10:20 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Why don't you read one of those articles and learn why this was a Wall Street bill?  Or move ahead to the conservative articles on the same topic?

You are very wrong about Zero Hedge saying nothing about whether this was good or bad for Wall Street.  That article said this:

Quote:

the biggest contention in the Cromnibus, or as it is also known, the Cronybus, was the swaps push-out provision - drafted by Citigroup - which, as we detailed yesterday, could put American taxpayers on the hook for up to $303 trillion in gross notional derivatives as a result of "siloing" swaps, and their associated risks, in FDIC-insured operating companies.

That same article also shows that the people who voted for it on BOTH sides were the same people bought out by Wall Street:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21070798 - 01/05/15 11:18 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Why don't you read one of those articles and learn why this was a Wall Street bill?  Or move ahead to the conservative articles on the same topic?

You are very wrong about Zero Hedge saying nothing about whether this was good or bad for Wall Street.  That article said this:

Quote:

the biggest contention in the Cromnibus, or as it is also known, the Cronybus, was the swaps push-out provision - drafted by Citigroup - which, as we detailed yesterday, could put American taxpayers on the hook for up to $303 trillion in gross notional derivatives as a result of "siloing" swaps, and their associated risks, in FDIC-insured operating companies.

Which is completely fictitious nonsense
Quote:

That same article also shows that the people who voted for it on BOTH sides were the same people bought out by Wall Street:

Which does nothing to establish your point.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21070966 - 01/05/15 12:02 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

It's what all the articles say.  I don't know why you think it's 'fictitious'.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

If you think Wall Street donors don't expect anything in return for their contributions, you are hopelessly naïve.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#21071126 - 01/05/15 12:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

It's what all the articles say.  I don't know why you think it's 'fictitious'.

303 trillion dollars of federal liability.  :lolsy:
Quote:

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

If you think Wall Street donors don't expect anything in return for their contributions, you are hopelessly naïve.

If there is a pay for play scheme how come they never get busted?  How come Wall Street contributes to both sides of an election most of the time?

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21071261 - 01/05/15 01:11 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
303 trillion dollars of federal liability.  :lolsy:

I guess you're not familiar with the derivatives market?  There was a link explaining this in the zero hedge article.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
If there is a pay for play scheme how come they never get busted?  How come Wall Street contributes to both sides of an election most of the time?

Pay for play is not illegal to my knowledge.  And both sides are guilty of cronyism, duh.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order