Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineguitarmon
musician

thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms
    #2106514 - 11/14/03 03:37 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

I've taken shrooms a few times, and in my experiences any open eye visuals have been very subtle. Other than things just looking differnt ... and maybe some 'glowing' walls, open eye visuals have been subtle for me.

Close eye visuals have been stunning though, I've seen lots of interesting things ... but the one 'common' thread I've noticed during the various trips is what seemed to be a 'celtic' like weave or pattern (like a celtic chain weave), which consisted of a rainbow/spectrum of colors.

If I open my eyes and looked at something, then closed my eyes ... I would a relief or shape of the object outlined with the rainbowed celtic patterns (similar to the 'matrix' movie effect).

It seemed like everything was made up of these 'celtic weave' patterns.

Its this a common thing?

What are your experiences?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms [Re: guitarmon]
    #2106598 - 11/14/03 04:02 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Yes I believe it is. I as well as quite a few others have reported seeing these weaves that you speak of.

However, for me I get them alot in OEV form on higher doses as well.

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

OfflineJimiStoneFree
Shroomer

Loc: Colorado, U.S.A.
Re: thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms [Re: ]
    #2106745 - 11/14/03 04:40 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, in all my experiences, the open-eye visuals have been celtic patterns of opposing colors, like green and purple.

But I've yet to experience closed-eye visuals.  I'm celebrating my 23rd tonight, so we shall see!  :wink: :laugh:

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves!" -Bill Hicks

Offlinebumski
cattle russler

Re: thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms [Re: JimiStoneFree]
    #2106942 - 11/14/03 05:48 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

I agree, but I have different patterns than yours. Mine look much more like aztec carvings and such instead of celtic patterns. However it was a whole spectrum of colors, like yours.

--------------------
Cheech: Hey man, the house is bein' raided man! opsCays! You hear me man? get-outski!

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms [Re: JimiStoneFree]
    #2106956 - 11/14/03 05:54 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

I've seen celtic knot work with acid alot lately.. I haven't been doing much shrooms.. I've had very profound experience's with closed eyed visual's with mushroom's which seemed to be more rounded and organic looking.. Over all I have more hallucination's on acid and use it quite often to open the door's inside my mind.. There both powerful tool's..

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms [Re: Bhairabas]
    #2107085 - 11/14/03 06:41 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

i usually get these rainbow (hehe) swirling geometric patterns and spirals, and they're constantly moving. that always happens when i close my eyes while tripping.

unless you dose pretty high, you wont get too many OEVs... the most i've had is melting, breathing and glowing objects, occasional swirling of floors and whatnot. but nothing too crazy or obvious. it kind of feels like my brain is doing it, not my eyes, if that makes sense!!

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2107276 - 11/14/03 07:43 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

I see these weird Middle Earthish land scapes when I ever have CEV's. Its like flying high in the air and look down at the horizon. If that makes any sense...

Offlinehuxmush
Wanderer

Loc: Australia
Re: thoughts about closed eye visuals on shrooms [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2107522 - 11/14/03 09:25 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

In terms of celtic weaving, I've seen that a lot in both open and closed eye visuals, although moreso with closed eye visuals.

For me, closed eye visuals seem to be very precise - always white upon colours and perfectly formed - i.e. consistent width and symmetry of the weave. The backgrounds are generally bright colours of some sort, and often form 'tunnels'. I especially remember white triangle weaves on orange and pink moving past me like streetlights would when driving.

The best celtic open-eye visuals I had were in the corner of a room which had green carpet (again, the weave itself was white, or maybe off-white in this case). They were shifting around a lot, but in a slow friendly organic sort of way if that makes any sense. At the time, I really liked that corner of the room, it seemed very friendly. However, I think I may have a lower tolerence than most - I was seeing mother of pearl colours running across the ceiling on 1.5grams, complete with a hippo that smiled at me.

What it makes me wander is whether the celts were 'introduced' to them in some way, or whether they came up with them of their own accord without any psychedelic/altered state of consciousness/perception...?

I also wander whether someone who'd never seen celtic weaving before would see something similar when under the influence of a psychedelic?

Anyway, nice to hear from someone else who has celtic weaving as a common theme.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports