Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTANZWUT
Paranoid Hermit

Loc: Dante's Inferno
question of going "insane" while tripping
    #2097903 - 11/12/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

hey
i have tripped on mushrooms, acid and other halusonagenic(sorry for spelling) drugs. i have taken mushroms then most and feel quite coferable wiht them. however last time i took them i eat 150 liberty caps and went for a walk in the woods wiht my firends. this is the largest lib dose i have taken before. i have taken 40g fresh mexican mushrooms before, but i am not sure what is the bigger dose. well this time i took them tripped to level 5 and this was my first experiance tripping to that level. i woudl nto say i had a bad trip but i just went "insane" as my mates put it and was i woudl not respond to the out side world. i was just blabbing on about nothin,not wanting to go over fences,etc.. i was wondering if this kind o thing happens once will it happen agian. also i was wonder if it was just tripping level 5 and the best thing was not to be walking in the wood in the dark? all info woudl be helpfull cuz all my friends think that if i do it once i will do it all the time now

--------------------
Just another freak in the freak kingdom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: TANZWUT]
    #2097994 - 11/12/03 04:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I dunno I suggest doing a lower dose so you know exactly what you are doing. I dont think your friends are right about it happening every time I think they dont know anything. Maybe thats the trip you had in store for that night. Just cuz it happend once dont mean it will happen again.

OfflineTANZWUT
Paranoid Hermit

Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Osker246]
    #2098015 - 11/12/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yeah that is that i thought to cuz normaly when i trip i am the most controled out of everyone. i can handle most stiuation like being in a pub or any busy places and they are the ones freeking out. but yeah i am going to try lower doses to see if it ahppens in the same stiuation. cheers

--------------------

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2098063 - 11/12/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You are also just like me...when I trip I dont care about the people around me im cool all the way through and just chill and talk to people. I hope it turns out better this time prove those friends of yours wrong.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Osker246]
    #2098107 - 11/12/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Everyone has there moment where they are completely disconnected from who they think they are.. I wouldn't worry.. That stuffs happened to me more times than I can count.. One time my friends actually thought that I had gone completely insane and were preparing who was going to take the blame and explain what happened to my family.. The drugs wore off and I was fine..

OfflineTANZWUT
Paranoid Hermit

Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Bhairabas]
    #2098120 - 11/12/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

it is not the fact i went like insane it was just all my firends had to look after me. they even had to pick me up and pass me over fences cuz we were in the woods and fields. so i dont want to have to worry i could become liek that in that situationagain cuz cuz it is a hasle and it is no fun for the other epopel tripping too. but all in all i guess it must happen and it was my turn.

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2100850 - 11/13/03 08:30 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Gee, maybe you shouldn't worry unless you decide to eat ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY LIBERTY CAPS again.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Viveka]
    #2100872 - 11/13/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

PAPOON FOR PRESIDENT !!!
(NOT INSANE, NOT RESPONSIBLE!!!)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2100884 - 11/13/03 08:46 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

welll, if i had ta chosse between bein' shot fulla thorazine & gobblin' down a buncha vitamin B3 pills --- i think i'd go witht the vitamins...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: gnrm23]
    #2101801 - 11/13/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Last time I ate 3.5 grams of some good indoor grown mushrooms I was sure I had gone totally insane :smile:

Offlinestero8
Ganja Ninja

Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Digs]
    #2104172 - 11/13/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

My fist trip was on 4.2grams of some unknown mushroom. I went into it expecting nothing more then some cool visuals and shit like that. to make a long story short i ended up naked, passing out, punching my cousin in the face, pissing all over my room and crying cuz i thought i was a damnn retard (sorry, i know its not PC) Anyways whenever i trip now there is always a moment when i feel like nothing existits and everyone knows somthing i dont and that im crazy, but i am very capible of having a good trip. I dont know whats up with that but I think that because my first trip was so insane it has kind of scared my ability to trip. sorry if this doesnt make any sence. maybe i am crazy!!!!!! Peace out.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2104311 - 11/14/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you are still interested in psychedelic experiences, the best things you can do for post-traumatic tripping is lower the dosage to the minimum and work your way up as well as paying closer attention to set/setting. You can trip again, but it will take some work on your part. Think of it as your healing. Psychedelic experiences are more than just consuming random drugs whenever (if you want a positive experience that is). Plan ahead, be honest about your mental/emotional set, know your substance, and take progressive dosages to ensure comfort.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Offlinenepenthean
Stranger
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Xochitl]
    #2109717 - 11/15/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Good commentary here from what I've read so far. Here's what I think about 'going insane' whilst under the canopy of a psychotropic chemical.

First off, if someone thinks he/she has transgressed the line between sanity and insanity I disbelieve her/him since a past reference for sanity is STILL present. If one was truly insane, would there be a declaration of what sanity is and thus is not? Essentially, an authentically insane person would not even consider him/herself insane or sane; they would just be--which is perfect sanity to me.

--------------------
It seems others' reactions to me are supremely contextual in that these others are reacting to their own perceptions and feelings of that to which they react as well as any thoughts and feelings ABOUT those feelings.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: nepenthean]
    #2110657 - 11/16/03 01:18 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

One time a co-worker gave me a bag of dry psycilociben (I can't spell either) extract and warned me to eat only a quarter of a teaspoon. So I did. An hour and a half later I still didn't feel anything. I thought this guy was a schmuck and said that fuckin idiot, I'm gonna eat a "man's" dose. So I mixed 2 heaping tablespoons in some applesause and waited. I didn't wait too long before the first quarter of a teaspoon hit me like a ton of bricks.  :eyemouth: I was now thinking about the other 2 tablespoons. Fuck. So like an asshole I went home and tried to go to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, my parents were standing in the kitchen looking like zombies. When I asked them what was the matter, they were shocked that I had no recollection of the night before. I apparently had an out of body experience. Freaking and screaming through the house. They wound up calling my uncle who was a doctor and he shot me up with thorazine and everybody took turns walking me around the house because they thought if I fell asleep, I would never wake up. Is that what you mean by "going insane"? If so, it happened to me. I did learn at least one thing, I will never go to a level 5 again. 

----------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down........It happens to me every day down in the sewer."
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2111353 - 11/16/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sick of guys going "I've done AMT, LSD, etc. before. I can take ANY dose of mushrooms." Guess you learned your lesson huh?

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: TheEggman]
    #2113087 - 11/16/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

YA I HEAR YA!!!!!!! :smile:

I remember some kid on acid saying
"I tried mushrooms........they suck acid is better.....mushrooms dont really have good visuals"

Well I guess unlike me that kid never did 35 p.scriptipes shrooms!!!!!
(p.scriptipes are REALLY strong way stronger then cubes!!!!!!)

Anyway, on a side note, I DID tell that kid he doesnt know what he is talking about. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2115699 - 11/17/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What's the debate. I love acid and I love mushrooms. The analogy is like, I love my mother and I love my girlfriend. They are different, but I love them both. The only thing is that your mother won't get you to a level 5!!!!!

----------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down........It happens to me every day down in the sewer."
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #4965834 - 11/21/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

This sucks, I've tripped 6 times in total and I've never experienced any greater than a level 3.

I think that all the low level trips I did were too close to each other so I built up tolerance. (Those 6 trips were done from like mid-august to present-day). I'm trying to just trip once a month at most now.... but I think if I start getting some more intense trips then I won't even want to trip once a month.

I did 1.7g, 2.1g, 2.5g, 3g, 3.5g, 2g in lemon juice. I'm doin 3g or 3.5g in lemon juice my next trip.

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: question of going "insane" while tripping [Re: Guerrilla0726]
    #4967141 - 11/22/05 06:45 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Yes on such big dose you literally go insane, but as someone said "in a crazy world, only mad are sane".

When I have eaten around hundred libs I had no doubts that I went insane (and was pretty sure insanity went so far there's just no coming back). All known patterns in my head got so twisted, changed and far form everyday consciousness that the insanity was all there was. And I couldn't think a thought like "my name is blah blah and I have eaten shrooms" I was only perfectly aware that I went mad but couldn't even think about it. My thinking and everything I knew was crippled, and I was left with waiting and very little hope. My friend told me she was there, in the place she was sure there is no coming back, but she did came back - that gave my a tiny sparkle of hope, but not much. After more hours I also did came back and to sanity again - I was very quiet and just happy to be alive, and that this world is real again for my to experience it. Well... haven't you read the small print on the box? "large doses might result in temporary insanity. before use consult your psychiatrist"  :smile:

happy shrooming.......  :wink:

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies