Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: Munchauzen]
    #21074338 - 01/05/15 10:37 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Nice man! Gonna want some pics ya hear?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #21074953 - 01/06/15 12:40 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I like Pasty's mini mono's!  :dancer:

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: spacechildo]
    #21075935 - 01/06/15 08:55 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

here are the two I started over the weekend

hard to see, but colonizing nicely. I was also out of tape, so I just wrapped the thing like it was some sort of elongated ham. I fucked up the hole placement too. Just gonna redo some bottom tubs (these will be dub-tubs) and pop the subs out at 100%, so the bottoms become tops. I gotta stop doing dabs before mushroom work.

Offlineshroom_sensai
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: Munchauzen]
    #21084172 - 01/07/15 08:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

this is great man, ive been wanting to try mini-monos. i just finished colonizing some pftek jars for shits and gigs and i think i might use them as spawn for these. excellent work!

--------------------
My Adventures Cultivating Mescaline Bearing Cacti

“Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced.”
– Terence McKenna

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: shroom_sensai]
    #21084177 - 01/07/15 08:06 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

You won't be dissappointed :rockon:

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #21084256 - 01/07/15 08:23 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

MINI MASTER is what you are pasty! i seem to hear dr evil in the background... :mindblown:

playin jedi mind tricks and shit.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: eatyualive]
    #21084381 - 01/07/15 08:52 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
MINI MASTER is what you are pasty! i seem to hear dr evil in the background... :mindblown:

playin jedi mind tricks and shit.

Damn, ya know me too well :paranoid:  :lol:

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #21088825 - 01/08/15 06:17 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Good write up, and very nice pictures, man.  Can see why you may want to try out the way I harvest dense clusters of fruits  What kind of camera do you have?

Will also subscribe to the subscription of using these small tubs to run side-by-side experiments on.  A lot of advantages to using these smaller fruiting chambers to run experiments with can be seen.  Good idea.

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: hamloaf]
    #21089428 - 01/08/15 08:01 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Nice thread. I use mostly 27qt monos or dubs made out of 2 15qts. I find minis are generally more efficient than full sized monos.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

InvisibleGuardian187
Neophyte

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: MudaFuka]
    #21089483 - 01/08/15 08:07 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MudaFuka said:
Nice thread. I use mostly 27qt monos or dubs made out of 2 15qts. I find minis are generally more efficient than full sized monos.

Well shit, I was going to use my big ol 70qt and make a mono outta that. Maybe I should go grab some smaller totes and split my grains into some minis!

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #21089671 - 01/08/15 08:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Guardian187 said:
Well shit, I was going to use my big ol 70qt and make a mono outta that. Maybe I should go grab some smaller totes and split my grains into some minis!

Its definitely a good way to get your feet wet. Even if you start to rock bigger tubs later, you will be happy to have a mini for some exotics when you get to them :grin:

Quote:

MudaFuka said:

I agree, I have zero complaints regarding my BE.

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Good write up, and very nice pictures, man.  Can see why you may want to try out the way I harvest dense clusters of fruits  What kind of camera do you have?

Will also subscribe to the subscription of using these small tubs to run side-by-side experiments on.  A lot of advantages to using these smaller fruiting chambers to run experiments with can be seen.  Good idea.

Thanks hamloaf! Yeah harvest is often a bitch for me :lol: I am gonna try your method in about 2 hours :cool:

I just have an old Canon G10 but I got a decent flash and I find good lighting is 90% of the battle :thumbup:

What I usually do is pound out a few ms grows in the minis, then clone what looks good, then test the clone in the minis, and when I find what I like I rock the 66 quart and bigger. They also are ideal for side by sides or doing things that are pretty out there where a result is not guaranteed. Less spawn and less sub means a fail also hurts less :thumbup:

Offlinekushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: I'm lost
    #21096233 - 01/10/15 09:49 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I resently made my first mini following this but I didnt want to do a casing layer. I have two questions, while I followed this nd ratioed it to my item inventory I seemed to have to much water just a touch after, and while my mono is colonizing it seems to have water mist points on the side like its a touch over field capacity. Is that okay? If it isnt, what should I do? My next question is, once the mono is colonized, how should I maintain moisture?

--------------------
:/

All submitted posts are by Someone Who Isn't Me (SWIM) -  and in any event are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated fictitious lies.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: kushroom]
    #21096242 - 01/10/15 09:50 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Better to be on the dry side then on the wet side.

All you can do is wait it out. Monos will maintain their own moisture, just stuff the holes with polyfill and dial it in.

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: kushroom]
    #21096267 - 01/10/15 09:56 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Welll if you made your substrate too wet the solution is to simply use less water. Field capacity is the same no matter what your fruiting in. While colonizing its normal for there to be condensation, the colonizing myc is generating lots of heat. If your sub is too wet there is nothing you can do but wait and pray.

Once colonized if you dont plan to use an casing just take the tape off the holes and stuff with poly. Tight in the bottom holes and loose on top. Don't mist unless you need to. If you used my two holes on bottom long sides and two on top short sides configuration, its doubtful that you would need to mist at all.

OfflineHierophant
Ritualistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

#21096281 - 01/10/15 09:57 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
There is a golden book kept in my heart and guarded by my soul, written in Divine Light and bound with the veins of the Earth.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#21096286 - 01/10/15 09:58 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Is it generally accepted to invite more FAE after seeing your pins?

I drilled 6 standard mono holes in my Minis and I've noticed that I had to tape up two holes on the sides during primordia formation but once my pinset came in it was much more beneficial to open an extra hole and let MORE air in rather then restrict it.

Is this typical?

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

Invisiblewowimflabbergasted
supercalifragilistic
 User Gallery

Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: taGyo]
    #21096375 - 01/10/15 10:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I usually leave 1 hole open for the last few days of fruiting. Really boosts the growth IMO. I think eat does the same sometimes.

--------------------
TempMail | TempPMs
My Guide | MJ Grows

InvisibleMudaFuka
Poppin bottles
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #21096395 - 01/10/15 10:16 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I usually leave at least one top hole open. Sometimes I will leave them all open. I have to mist from time to time but I like the extra FAE. I also tend to leave my bottom poly a bit looser than most people.

--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pasty likes mini mono's [Re: taGyo] * 1
    #21096416 - 01/10/15 10:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

taGyo said:

I drilled 6 standard mono holes in my Minis and I've noticed that I had to tape up two holes on the sides during primordia formation but once my pinset came in it was much more beneficial to open an extra hole and let MORE air in rather then restrict it.

Is this typical?

The fruitbodies will need more FAE as they develop to ensure good development (big caps, meaty stipes) but I have found that extra FAE also encourages pin formation. Problems arise if it dries the sub. That's where a casing helps :thumbup:

But if you don't want to case then you need to ride that line of enough FAE to encourage a decent pinset, but still keep up the RH.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

#21096483 - 01/10/15 10:35 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

taGyo said:

Is this typical?

The fruitbodies will need more FAE as they develop to ensure good development (big caps, meaty stipes) but I have found that extra FAE also encourages pin formation. Problems arise if it dries the sub. That's where a casing helps :thumbup:

But if you don't want to case then you need to ride that line of enough FAE to encourage a decent pinset, but still keep up the RH.

:super:

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
AMU Q&A

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract