Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? Testing on myself
    #21027417 - 12/26/14 10:28 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So I have heard rumors that taking modafinil together with kratom can cause siezures. However fairly extensive research can find virtually no evidence that this is the case. They all seem to point to one case when one many was addicted to injecting crushed up hydropmorphone pills, had some kind of health problem, switched to kratom to manage his withdrawal, then added modafinil and had a tonic-clonic seizure.

I cant seem to find any evidence at all that this is in any way a normal or regular reaction to modafinil + kratom.

I have some armodafinil (just a stronger, purer but identical form of modafinil) and I really want to try it but I take kratom every day so I don't know if I can.

I will need to combine it with kratom. I would like to do so. Can anyone share if this is likely to be safe or to cause a seizure?

I assume that there were other factors such as being in hydropmorphone withdrawal, health problems and IV use that complixifies this equation much more then kratom+modafinil= siezures.

I have also read posts of people who say they find modafinil+ kratom = awesome.

So please help me out. I am thinking of testing it on myself and taking about 150 mg armodafinil with my morning coffee and 3 tsp of bali kratom.

Any advice very appreciated - is it safe to combine kratom and modafnil?

Is this whole modafinil+kratom = seizures thing nothing but one IV drug addicts bad luck? Or is there a real interaction to worry about?

Kratom is so beneign in combination with almost anything I find it hard to believe.

Research seems inconclusive so unless someone here can weigh in I think I will test it on myself

So after a fair bit of research it seems the entire "kratom + modafinil causes seizures " thing comes from ONE , yes ONE single case where a middle aged IV opiate addict had a seizure while in hydrocodone withdrawal while taking kratom and modafinil.

There does not seem to be a single other case of kratom + modafinil causing a seizure. Therefore I decided to try it on myself.

This morning I took 3 tsp bali kratom and 100 mg armodafinil (modafinil) and a coffee. I have 2 diclazepam pellets ready if I feel a seizure coming on . I think I  I will continue to experiment on this combination and record the results here for science, because in theory these two medicines seem like they should both work great together and its sad that you would need to choose one or  the other, especially since there is only one case of  a modafinil+kratom seizure and that case had many complicating factors such as IV hydropmorphone addiction and withdrawal.

So as of now

CA:

3 tsp bali kratom
100 mg armodafinil (modafinil extra strong)

I am a 27 year old male in excellent physical health with no history of real opiate use or addiction (never used anything but kratom) never used IV routes of administration and i am not in withdrawal. My theory is that under these circumstances the combination will be safe.

I will post any results. Wish me luck.

Dont get me wrong if there were a handful of warnings I would not try it but this really seems to be one unlucky man with multiple complicating issues potentially scaring us away from what could be an amazing combination for reasons that might have nothing to do with the substances in question.

:om:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Edited by Moonshoe (12/26/14 10:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #21027500 - 12/26/14 10:52 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

If you do decide to test it on yourself and you're not sure about it, ya ought to make sure not to dose too much.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? [Re: Synthe]
    #21027531 - 12/26/14 11:01 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I dosed 100 mg armodafinil and 3 tsp bali kratom

I have benzos to prevent a seizure but not sure if I would have any warning.

Wish me luck.

--------------------

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
    #21027566 - 12/26/14 11:12 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Have a phone nearby
I doubt anything bad will happen,

Good wishes n tizz'ss

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? [Re: SunnyD]
    #21027591 - 12/26/14 11:20 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

thanks bro

Feeling really good so far

--------------------

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
    #21027600 - 12/26/14 11:23 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Is mandafil a nootropic or what have you?
My spelling is off big time from this shitty sleep cycle as of late and im anxious as all hell soo forgive me

If you got benzo nearby :drooling: youlle be fine
But I doubt it will even cum to that

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? [Re: SunnyD]
    #21031045 - 12/27/14 08:28 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Daddyzomed said:
Is mandafil a nootropic or what have you?
My spelling is off big time from this shitty sleep cycle as of late and im anxious as all hell soo forgive me

If you got benzo nearby :drooling: youlle be fine
But I doubt it will even cum to that

Thanks for the reassurance. I do have a benzo on hand just not sure when to take it / if there is any warning. Yesterday I took armodafinil and 3 tsp kratom and had no seizure. Today I took 250 mg armodafinil and havent taken kratom yet but definitely thinking of it.

Still welcoming any insight. I cant think of any hypothetical or theoretical reason why the combo should be dangerous and suspect the man's bad health and opiate withdrawal caused the seizure not the modafinil but I would feel really stupid if I had a seizure.

Can anyone who understands a bit about modafinil and kratom say whether there is any reason to suspect an interaction?

If not I may just continue testing it and see what happens.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? Testing on myself [Re: Moonshoe]
    #21031056 - 12/27/14 08:36 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quotes I found on other sites:

"SWIM has combined these two several times with no ill effects. The seizure was more likely assoiated with withdrawal or other factors. SWIM has mixed kratom with virtually every stimulant with no problems."

"100 mg with 3 g thai kratom made the kratom energy and euphoria much better. SWIM sees potential in this combo"

"I use kratom daily and just received some Adrafinil to help study for finals.

After searching I didn't see any threads discussing the combination. Does anyone have any experiences with the two?

For those reading this thread through a search, I have had no negative interactions in the last 4 days of using both substances daily. I hardly get any effects from kratom these days as it is, so I cannot tell if there are reduced effects or not."

"I've mixed with Moda. They didn't seem to have anything bad in combination, but moda in general gives me migraines by the end of the day. "

"I take Adrafinil daily with about 7g of Kratom and have had no problems. I did read about that one issue but with my understanding of both substances an interaction like a seizure doesn't make sense. I wouldn't be worried"

"I take armodafinil and kratom. No problems at all."

http://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/23oh0z/kratom_and_adrafinil_or_modafinil/

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#21031073 - 12/27/14 08:44 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

" On many occasions I have woke up, taken nuvigil and a couple hours later have taken my usual dose of 7 grams of kratom. DISCLAIMER: This is just one man's experience and in no way am I stating it's safe or legal to mix! But I'll tell you that when I do mix them, I am unstoppable! Im confidant with not a care in the world!"

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#21031089 - 12/27/14 08:53 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

UPDATE day 2 of the kratom+ armodafinil test. Test day one was uneventful. Today I have taken 250 mg armodafinil, 1 cup coffee and 3 tsp bali kratom. WIll report results.

Additional internet research suggests that a negative interaction is unlikely. I hope to definitely prove that modafinil + kratom is safe through reading online accounts and self testing.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#21031486 - 12/27/14 11:23 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I got paranoid and decided it wasnt worth the risk so i took 2 mg diclazepam and decided not to mix armodafinil and kratom again dont want to push my luck

--------------------

Offlinesupermooses
Stranger
Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? Testing on myself [Re: Moonshoe]
    #23054539 - 03/28/16 10:59 AM (8 years, 21 days ago)

i know this is a couple years old but figured id tell my experience.

i have now on multiple ocassions taken 600-700 mg of adrafinil with 1-3 tsp of white vein, green maeng da or green borneo kratom.  all occasions have been fruitful, high mood. high energy, high motivation, very good for studying hanging around just really living.  not seizures or ill effects.

i have also taken it with multiple of my nootropic stacks and still no ill side effects. 

i do not take kratom every day, maybe every other.  and i take adrafinil only when needed for school or work. 

hope this helps anyone who is considering stacking these together. 
Enjoy your day!

OfflineAuntie Pithy
Stranger
Female
Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? Testing on myself [Re: supermooses] * 1
    #23054586 - 03/28/16 11:14 AM (8 years, 21 days ago)

I call it a Silicone Valley Speedball

InvisibleSun King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? Testing on myself [Re: Auntie Pithy] * 1
    #23054640 - 03/28/16 11:32 AM (8 years, 21 days ago)

It makes you reply to yourself a lot.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Modafinil and kratom - dangeorus together? Testing on myself [Re: Sun King]
    #23055213 - 03/28/16 02:20 PM (8 years, 20 days ago)

Lol tweakers gonna be tweakin

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals