Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJewishJoint
Questions conserning Bad Trips
    #2094218 - 11/11/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Alright first of let me introduce myself, i am new to the forums and i am a individual that finds mind exploration very great.  I enjoy exploring the deepest parts of my inner self and mind with the help of shrooms and such..

and im jewish  :tongue:

I have tripped about 8 times now in the last couple of months. And the last two trips i have gotten to a point where im positivly sure that im dead.  That it is my last night on earth and that i have been sucked into this horrible alter universe. I was just wondering how are some ways to avoid this and how are some ways to get out of this weird state of mind once you have arrived there?  I was hopping some of you seasoned shroomers might be able to help me out...so i can avoid such thing on my next trips....

thanks for your input

trip on.. 

--------------------
I relax my mind, go with the flow
Laugh at life, let the good times roll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: JewishJoint]
    #2094278 - 11/11/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Seeing that you have had the experience the last two voyages you're doing yourself a disfavor by seeking to simply avoid it. Deal with it.

Why did you get there? What did it mean? What's going on in your life that led the drug to guide you into that state. How can it be resolved?

One thing to keep in mind, don't overdo it with the drug(s). The experience should be held with high reverance.

Anonymous

#2094279 - 11/11/03 08:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am italian.. thats mean you did the accounts books for my mob family. :wink:

I have had the same problem recently.. I recommend you take low doses.. like a gram or 2 at most.. you will have control of yourself and your thoughts.  that has made my trips better. mediation is good too. also why do you do mushroom? that sometimes is a reason why people have bad trips. they don't know what they are going to trip for. :smile:

peace

zerohero

Anonymous

Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: ]
    #2094285 - 11/11/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ohh and welcome to the shroomery!

have fun!

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2095214 - 11/12/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

my last 2 trips i thought the same thing. i would value very much anybodies response to this question, heh. i had the shit totally scared out of me.

and i got really assumptious and cocky too. like, i thought i was allknowing, and that what i knew was true. but i "knew" things that werent true, like that i was gonna break up with my gf that day, or that my friend was gonna do heroin. i was also an asshole in assuming i could heal my current gf. asshole because i wouldn't let her talk or tell me what she thought of what i was saying. it was just my thoughts that mattered. i hate myself for being that way. all while thinking that im dieing. fucking upsetting man.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Anonymous

Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: entiformatie]
    #2096250 - 11/12/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Welcome to the boards!

Free Drugs?

:mushroom2: :pill2: :syringe: :bong: :spliff: :pill: :stash:

Perhaps some sunshine and love?  :sun: :heartpump:

Just let go. Try and roll with it, not get away from it. You need to try and understand what the shroom is telling you. Don't run from the bad trip, embrace it, and learn from it.

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

OfflineJewishJoint
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: ]
    #2097591 - 11/12/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure how i arrived at these low states..I think it may have something do to with the pressures of being a teenager, and school and such..my emotions seem to take sudden turns. 

I recall one time while tripping alone that i thought i was going to die but i embraced it, i layed in my bed for 2 hours in the fetile position, swimming in a sea of colors and see my entire life, i recalled every great memory and thought it was all fake leading up to this very moment, where i would depart from earth.. It was a very interesting night i must say and i learned alot about myself.  But my last trip i freaked, thought i was never going to come out of my current state of mind, never see morning again. But it passed and i think i have learned from it.  I think i have to remember to just go with the flow and now that if things get evil that i will be happy again and it is just the drug.  I have to remember that i am taking mushrooms to expand my mind horizon, to see through my minds eye, to learn and to love life. :mushroom2:  I think if i remember these things and just destroy all expectations i will be fine.

I shall find out..

thank you for the input and the warm welcomes  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineMojoRisin
journeyman
    #2097755 - 11/12/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i had a trip similar to that. ive only tripped twice, my second trip i felt that my entire life was a lie. I felt that nothing that ever happened was real, and i felt like i was going away to a different place for the rest of my life. I though it would never end, and that i would never be the same. In the end though, it was a great experience, an awakening.

OfflineJewishJoint
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: MojoRisin]
    #2097948 - 11/12/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds very similar to the experiance i had alone in my bed..learned alot that night

--------------------

Offlinematteo
empty

#2101456 - 11/13/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I had the exact same trip mojo and JJ, my fourth trip and i felt my whole life was a lie, the world was ending, I had been rejected by reality, nothing was real anymore, the people around me had lost their information and were floating needlessly in the ether, like i had just stepped into the wrong dimension. Terrifying.

Maybe there's a pattern, something in the current world climate, some system exerting  its pressure on people in this world thats causing a surge of such trips?

Or maybe its just a bad trip, and thats what it feels like. There are many ways to work through it, I hacnt done so yet because i'm taking my time but its all a step towards eventual Awakening, so respect it, learn from it and embrace it, each trip teaches you new things, but i would say to be careful not to place too much significance on such a trip, it is a threshold experience, you are on the cusp of untold depths, fighting to cling on to the last shred of reality. We must work to be able to let go, and descend beneath the waves into the ocean of our subconscious.

Or something. :tongue:

Peace and happy tripping :smile:

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: matteo]
    #2101537 - 11/13/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> I was just wondering how are some ways to avoid this and how are some ways to get out of this weird state of mind once you have arrived there?

My personal recommendation is not to fight the state you end up end, but rather to embrace it and let it consume you. The results are unspeakable, and what you bring back can be amazing. It is when you fight to hold on to what you know that things turn bad. Give in and let yourself die. (Figuratively, not literally.)

If you are not able to give in, and you instead want to get out, the best thing I have found is a change in what I am doing. Get up and go to a different room... go inside if you are out, or outside if you are in. Turn on some different music, or turn off the TV, or nibble a bit of chocolate, or play with some cold water... anything to get your mind out of the loop and doing something else.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: Seuss]
    #2101881 - 11/13/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've had the same trip, but I didn't consider it bad, there's some truth in it :smile:

OfflineJewishJoint
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: Digs]
    #2102041 - 11/13/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Very wise Seuss, never considered that it turns bad cause im not letting go...

i shall take this into consideration on my next voyage

--------------------

OfflineJimiStoneFree
Shroomer

Loc: Colorado, U.S.A.
    #2104165 - 11/13/03 11:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, with me, rule N*1 is I NEVER trip alone.  It just makes the trips better!  :laugh:  But yeah, look into why you're shroomin in the first place, and also, use the trips (whether good or bad) as an insight into what's really goin on.  I've never experience panic attacks, but I've only tripped a few times.  But I try and avoid those by going in with an open mind; going in with a strict view of what's real isn't good for shroomin in the first place. :wink:

There's my two cents!

Happy shroomin!

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves!" -Bill Hicks

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2104240 - 11/13/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I think it may have something do to with the pressures of being a teenager, and school and such

i hope when you say teenager, you mean 18, or 19? cause you have to be at least 18 to be here....would hate to see you leave after being here such a short time :wink:

anyway, i too had a trip where i thought i died....made a report of it here

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1983156

it seems to be a fairly common experience, learn from it, accept it....but dont try to run from it...it will not be pleasent. try lower doses to keep things uder wraps :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Edited by wrestler_az (11/13/03 11:54 PM)

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: Seuss]
    #2106091 - 11/14/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it's so hard to keep going with it tho, when your convinced doing so is going to kill you. im still convinced i could have thought myself to deth, just by wiloling my bones into shattered pieces, and the molecules that break me up to be completely frozen, so as to cancel out my existence. very fucking freaky. i mean, if you believe you can will yourself to death, and you start to do it, think its possible to die? i mean, i do, but what bout yer thoughts on the issue? its fuckin skery man...

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinenightowl
nightowl
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: entiformatie]
    #2109465 - 11/15/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have taken lots and lots of acid and mushrooms and have been with people who totally went with it and tried to die, and they did not die. Also people who imagined monsters coming after them with open mouths dripping blood, big teeth and all, and they let the monsters bite them to see what happened. They did not die or even get bitten.

I am so greatful for the courage of these scientific inquirerers.

If I get scared, I do yoga, dance, breathe deeply and slowly, ask out loud what I am here to learn, look at the environment more closely, take a bath (this is really fun in my opinion), talk to someone I feel really close to, eat something light like fruit or a protein bar and drink water.

I have had many trips where I believe I saw the essence of reality, that it is all levels of vibration/energy waves and that we make choices as to how intensely we want to vibrate by how open we are to love and acceptance. That reality is a choice and an action - the difference between being physical or not is a choice and an action.

I also think you are maybe taking this stuff a little too often? I like to spend time reading spiritual books, thinking about what I am looking for, planning a trip, getting myself more ready mentally and emotionally to go deeper into myself and the universe. Not something to be done every couple of weeks, in my opinion.

Also, you could write on a piece of paper where you will see it,

"I HAVE TAKEN A DRUG, IT WILL WEAR OFF".

If you note the time you took it, you can know that in 4-5-6 hours you will be straight enough to drive, talk to pretty much anyone, and so on.

I am very fond of the Seth books, particularly the newest compilation, "The Seth Reader" by Richard Roberts, for a place to stand when tripping. Over and over he says, you are indescrutable because existance in indestructable, you are being experiencing itself, you are safe and can ask for help anytime you need it and it will come. I have found this to be true.

Another really good book is "The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment" by Thaddeus Golas. My favorite quick fix for a terrible time from the book is "I would not deny the one mind this experience", and "What is it that needs to be loved?"

Cheers,

Nightowl

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: nightowl]
    #2109644 - 11/15/03 05:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

while on the topic i bad trips, i would like to share something personal that has happened to me and is ocurring more frequently with my trips (particularly acid trips). if you have certain reoccuring fears while tripping, you may want to read this because i'm in the same boat lately:

it started on my second lsd trip when i was on the beach. i had the time of my life - very very positive experience. however, while i was walking in the sand i was noticing peoples' footprints. these footprints turned into snakes (something i love and fear simultaneously) and would slither toward me from all directions. it was a bit overwhelming because i could feel all these snakes writhing around my feet. they were benign for the most part. however, at one point i heard a terrible "hiss" sound and i was bitten on my ankle which hurt very very badly (complete hallucination!). after that, i started lifting my legs up and trying to trample the ominous hissing snakes in the sand. eventually i ignored them and went back to watching the dragons flying in the setting sun.... but, i still saw them slithering in the shadows watching me....

so that was the first snake experience. now, however, these snakes are an incessant theme in all of my acid trips (i can't remember if it happens on shrooms or not - it's definitely a problem on acid though and acid is my preference too which makes it even more sad!). i hate seeing snakes everywhere and it scares the shit out of me. maybe i'm scared because snakes can be coiled up anywhere without you noticing and then you could accidentally step on one (unlikely...). well whatever it is, i'm sick and tired of being plagued by these godamn snakes. if i am walking through grass, i see snakes darting all around me. if i am inside a house, then i see snakes trying to strike me from my peripheral vision (they hiss too) from under a couch or something - i can literally see these snakes coming at me very quickly and it scares me and annoys me because i can't focus on anything but their awefulness. i'm thinking that they are representing something going on or some fears (i've become more and more scared of snakes just because of this tripping shit! as a kid i loved snakes!) in my life, but why the hell am i having so much trouble getting rid of them? i don't enjoy seeing them at all; perhaps i need to just accept them and befriend them instead of running from them?

the post about the monsters dripping blood and trying to bite someone reminds me very very much of my case, only with the snakes instead. i would be VERY curious to see what happens if i just lie down with all these scary snakes and close my eyes and let them eat me alive. i don't know if i could handle it or not, but i think i could get through it. is this something you would recommend? is this how one conquers fears while tripping - to just DIVE into it and let it consume you? being sober right now, i can vividly imagine myself tripping and feeling like i'm being devoured...
i do think, however, that it would be very difficult to cope with being dead while i am tripping. if i symbolically/figuratively die because of these poisonous snakes, i imagine that i would probably FEEL dead and FEEL like i am not breathing and FEEL like my heart has stopped. obviously these feelings stem from the hallucinogenic drug, but would it be possible at all to actually convince your own body that you are dead? could you actually "will yourself to die" as someone said earlier? (it would suck if your heart actually stopped because you TRULY believed it had stopped.)
i only ask these because i really want to overcome this stupid snake theme and if i give myself up and die in my next acid trip, i want to make sure that is a good idea. advice? suggestions? empathetic comments? thanks

peace.

ps. ill be taking my first solo trip in a few weeks. it will be mushrooms though, so i don't forsee too many snake problems. however, my intentions of the solo trip are to try and work through the negative thought loops which have also been bothering me lately. whether i will be plagued by snakes, i cannot say. i do know, however, that i am going to get through the mental blocks so that my future trips will be as positive as they once were back in the day. but then again, i may still have the snake issue to resolve next time i trip the lsd. thanks for reading. peace and love.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2109675 - 11/15/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

im very convinced its possible to make your heart stop beating, if you're completely concious of your organs... but your body would start working again on its own as soon as you couldnt focus enough conciousness to stop your heart. and this is all assuming that you CAN. part of me hopes you can actually, it would be pretty cool to control every part of you. but then... the terrible implications, for example, stopping your own heart.

ill try it again next weekend, this time i wont fear anything, ill go with my fears, ill let myself "die," and if i post, it's cause i lived :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Questions conserning Bad Trips [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2109690 - 11/15/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, I've had about twenty bad trips on acid. No bad trips on anything else. I had them before I was fifteen years old. I started tripping when I was a punk rocker and satanist at around 14 yrs old.

The first bad trip, I was with a midget friend of mine, who was very into the occult, and into shrooms, and he had sheets of acid and lots of shrooms. When I was tripping I imagined that I was going to become a midget from all the acid I was taking. And that's when the Robert Plant song, "Like I've Never Been Gone," came on the radio. I knew Led Zep had been defunct for at least about six years or so at that point, but I recognized Plants voice, and it basically sent me further into the synchronistic nightmare that I was on. Then they played "Slow Dancer." And that song is pretty dark. So I was fucking out of my mind. Then I segued into a nightmare where the whole world was laughing at me and I was possessed by Satan. And instead of Satan being a powerful scarey being, Satan was the dishrag, weak, scapegoat, hated by everyone as the end result of being fallen from the love and grace of God and all that's good. I was that evil and weak mockery of liffe itself and I was lower than the lowest human alive.

This became the tenor of all my trips for awhile. Including a time I tripped and watched Rosemary's Baby, and I was basically Rosemary's baby. Always this weakness and self hatred. I gave up all dope completely, and as someone else mentioned yoga, I got really into Transcendental Meditation and tried to become what I thought was a normal person. I strove for a number of years going to Maharishi's University in Iowa, and grauated, and finally felt like I had gotten my self completely together and that I was fine. Those bad trips were a real catclyst to try to get myself together. And I probably wouldn't have if not for them. So they really, as someone said, showed me the truth. Today, I still do think I am in hell sometimes. But I am trying to fight back and be a good person. In fact, I'm Buddhist and a Mahayanist, and so on, but that's another story.

After graduating college I got back into drugs and did acid another fifty or so times, and the bad trips never really plagued me again. I don't like the body load of acid, but that's also part of the trip. I would suggest taking a break. And as someone also said, when tripping you must tell yourself that it's "just a drug and will wear off. " There was some good advice in the above posts. And a thread entitled, "What to do in case of a bad trip" would be advised for this forum, as it's really something difficult to deal with. You know, perhaps if you have a xanax connection you can keep some handy as it totally kills the trip. That is, if you must do acid. Frankly, I won't ever take it again. I do however like the cacti and shrooms. I prefer the natural.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag